'21 FL ILB Terrence Lewis (UCF commit)

We’ve continued to check with sources throughout the day to see where five-star LB Terrence Lewis of Miami might end up going. The former Tennessee commitment has continued to discuss signing with either the Vols or Maryland before the end of the Early Signing Period, which ends tonight at midnight.
I haven’t confirmed any details yet on whether Lewis has already signed with anybody or exactly what his plans are, other than that he still intends to announce his final decision on Jan. 2. But based on the latest we’ve heard, I don’t expect him in Tennessee’s class.

-Ryan Callahan 247Sports
Crickets. Seriously, when's the last time one of these drama queens turned out to be the real deal for UT?

Reactions: ShreveportVol
-AP[/QUOTE

How does that make sense when he was saying we were in a good spot just a few days before signing day? What could we possibly have discovered since then to cause us not to roll the dice on a big time talent? At least we didn’t “discover” another good student to offer at the last minute.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
I think AP is trying to say that nobody wants him but Maryland... ooooor he’s getting paid

Thought they said a few days ago after Gus was fired that we were in a good spot, meaning we clearly wanted him.

Ya, they’re all getting paid. If we’re being outbid by Maryland then that is a problem.

Reactions: igotworms
Thought they said a few days ago after Gus was fired that we were in a good spot, meaning we clearly wanted him.

Ya, they’re all getting paid. If we’re being outbid by Maryland then that is a problem.
Maybe something happened since then, or maybe we found a replacement and didn’t feel like we had to take the risk anymore

Maryland, especially with Locksley, is going to get 2-3 kids every year that are surprising.
They certainly have some help with Under Armour being a big 'influence' in their program.

Look at post 3503 above. He's a top 40 player and all he has is MD? There's a lot going on here and I wouldn't call it a Pruitt fail.

If Pruitt is a leader and teacher of men like he says he is then it shouldn’t matter. It’s time Tennessee gets out from behind the 8 ball and play like everyone else

Reactions: igotworms
If Pruitt is a leader and teacher of men like he says he is then it shouldn’t matter. It’s time Tennessee gets out from behind the 8 ball and play like everyone else
Sure it matters. If Pruitt is a teacher and leader of men, he doesn't take a kid who has talent if he believes the kid is a problem.

I'm not saying that Lewis is a problem because I don't have any idea. However, I'll applaud a coach who doesn't take a kid just cause he's talented, if he's not a good fit otherwise. I think that type coach is a better leader and teacher.

Reactions: Vol_0311

VN Store

Back