Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why it is so insane that our administration seems to be ok with these terrible results. It’s not hard to win 7-9 games a year here with decent coaching. I could pair coaches that would be successful here and all could be a possibility.

Freeze
Mason

Herman
Don Brown (if Michigan fires harbuagh)

Sark
Dan Quinn

Napier
MacIntyre

Caldwell
Muschamp
Definite no on Don Brown. He’s awful and the main reason Michigan fans want Harbaugh gone

I didn’t think his stint at Texas was much to write home about.
Offense was always the strength of those Texas teams, but go take a look at the points they were allowing in those games. It was pretty good. His SEC defenses were better but the Texas defenses weren't bad. They were going to make him the HC there after Brown retired but he decided to go to Florida instead.

Pr
I will confess I am not super confident about the direction of the program, but seriously, it isn't the end. Had Pruitt not been transfixed by JG's sweet, sweet practice performance, this season would look dramatically different on both sides of the ball. One QB. That's it. And yes, I know the defense has been questionable, but there is zero doubt in my mind that we would see a different defense with offensive production.

One QB. One stubborn coach. All the difference.

Can Corch Jermy admit failure and recover? Dunno. Failure has a way of humbling a man, but pride is remarkably resilient.

As for the death of UT football...no. As long as we can recruit in the 10 to 15 range (we can), as long as we can (if we choose to) pay for a good coach (we can), and as long as we can fill a 100k stadium (we can), we are always one coaching hire from playoff contention. I am not saying that we will ever manage to do that, I'm just saying that we'll never be dead. In a coma, sure. But not dead.

It's simple demographics and geography. Where we are and who we appeal to will always keep us viable. It's science.

Be mad. But remain hopeful.
preach

Reactions: SSVol
it does because of the attitude around the program right now.

that said, whenver TL was discussed after he committed, it was always said that he'd be one to watch, as committed or not, it'd go to signing day....so in that respect, they are genuine.

just hard to sell it...real hard...right now.

Yes, but AP was downplaying his ranking not the fact that he was always a flight risk. The conversation steered more in the Lewis is overrated direction.

IMO, a lot rides on this Florida game. We come out and get donkey stomped, it may get bad. Some of the money folks may feel different after CBS national audience sees us get hammered. Seeing it may rattle some folks enough to make a move. I’d love to see us kick the chit out of them. But that’s a steep hill to climb.

I agree - i meant after you saw the wheels come off - when you were out of it for the SEC or even a winning record, why not start the youth movement?
That would require a modicum of thought/insight of which our staff is incapable. Also, insert quote about the freshman “getting hurt” loooool

All I’m saying is you’ll be wasting more money in the long run if we keep Pruitt next year and hire a Google coach again and waste another 4 years and more money on buying out him and his assistants 🤷🏼‍♂️

Take the L now, and let’s get back to where we belong.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
If you’re trying to justify us losing a 5 star LB by saying he is too small, which is outrageous, I feel sorry for you

He is definitely a BIG loss, pun intended
Not at all just saying that UT football isn't dead because we lost a good recruit or because we wonder if the coach is good, UT football will live on because of us fans, that's the message

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
I'd be interested to know how quickly the SEC might make a call on Vanderbilt. They don't have another game other than us, with no incentive to play it after Georgia whoops their ass this weekend.

I'd be interested to know how quickly the SEC might make a call on Vanderbilt. They don't have another game other than us, with no incentive to play it after Georgia whoops their ass this weekend.

How much TV money do they lose by not playing?

I agree - i meant after you saw the wheels come off - when you were out of it for the SEC or even a winning record, why not start the youth movement?
On the VQ podcast, they continue to tout JG “getting them into the right running situations”. I never see that suffer when Bailey lines up. Hard to believe he couldn’t have handed off at least as well against Arkansas with that one brain cell game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back