Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP says he expects Pruitt to be back next year but to not underestimate the power of disgruntled $$$ men.

VQ covering their asses in case Pruitt pulls a rabbit out of a hat and wins out. Don't want to be seen as contributing towards recruiting failures or fan apathy. I think they know he's gone because he's staring down two more blowout losses to end the season.

Dude, Pro Football Reference (not PFF) is just where I got the state information from about players currently on NFL rosters. We aren't talking stats or fantasy.
I’m familiar with them. They can explain why your eyes are lying to you with an algorithm. Their writers are former KGB.

There’s so many quality coaches out there that could win 8 games every year here. It’s really not that hard. That’s why it’s so frustrating that we’re hanging on to this mess.
The worst that Tennessee should go in any given season is about 7-5. Lose to the Big 3, a strong rotating West opponent, and a strong OOC P5 opponent.

There's no real good reason to lose to the 3 creampuffs, Mizzou, Kentucky, Vandy, or South Carolina. Ever.

The worst that Tennessee should go in any given season is about 7-5. Lose to the Big 3, a strong rotating West opponent, and a strong OOC P5 opponent.

There's no real good reason to lose to the 3 creampuffs, Mizzou, Kentucky, Vandy, or South Carolina. Ever.
Exactly lol. Not really sure why we ever act like making a bowl game is such a steep task here. It’s an insult to your program and history.

He’d be a monster upgrade over Pruitt.
FrenchZealousGalapagosalbatross-max-1mb.gif

“State”? You confused me. I don’t think I ever advocated abandoning either Georgia or Florida to concentrate on Texas. I know when the Longhorns were at their best, they didn’t pass on talent from other states. Just got their core from their own...good model. I don’t know of any decent coaches who limit themselves to your hypothetical option.
I know you didn't advocate that. Just like I didn't advocate ignoring Texas. My point in this whole conversation isn't that Texas HS football is junk, or that it should be ignored, but that it is overrated, and the State of Texas produces the volume of talent that it does because of its sheer size, not because they have uniquely incredible HS football. There's kind of a mythology about Texas and its HS football I guess is my point. I think a higher quality of HS football overall is actually played in the Atlanta metro or in South Florida.

Way too often are "on the rise" coaches judged by one win here or one win there.

And way too often are current coaches judged by a bad loss here or a bad loss there.

A lot of us ebb and flow based on the outcome of 1 game - that is not the right way to do it.

It should be based on trajectory - what is the big picture of the program and what direction is it heading.
agreed.

and the hardest part about all of this is you can't tell all of that in a given season.

this year sucks. it doesn't look great for the future right now, and most all of us either see that light at the end of the tunnel fading, or it's already off.

taking the emotion out of it though, what's happened this season doesn't automatically equal what will happen next season.

hell, last year we ended as one of the hottest teams in the country, top 20 pre season, relatively high expectations....

uh, what happened last year had not one thing to do with what happened this year.........so it's possible it goes the other way next time around lol.

at this point, if we're not, and i don't think we are, able to get a bonafide head coach....make the necessary changes to the staff, and let pruitt figure it out. given enough time, we'll eventually field a team capable of finishing 3rd in the East on a regular basis......
giphy.gif

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Full Ride basically calling Pruitt an idiot. Saying it makes zero sense continuing to play JG and thinking JG can win with him. Said it is causing losses and now losing recruits. They don’t understand why he didn’t go young all year and they have no answer on how to fix it. They said he could change coordinators, but we have already done that twice. They said Bailey should have started all year and said the only reason for not playing him is stubbornness. It’s not looking good.

I know you didn't advocate that. Just like I didn't advocate ignoring Texas. My point in this whole conversation isn't that Texas HS football is junk, or that it should be ignored, but that it is overrated, and the State of Texas produces the volume of talent that it does because of its sheer size, not because they have uniquely incredible HS football. There's kind of a mythology about Texas and its HS football I guess is my point. I think a higher quality of HS football overall is actually played in the Atlanta metro or in South Florida.
But we don’t because of the sheer size. It’s borne from primarily two population centers...DFW and Houston. Growing up in Chattanooga I couldn’t have imagined the dedication involved at these little mini-universities. Telling that one of the strongest programs Southlake Carroll, doesn’t have overwhelming physical talent. It’s the one high school for its area and they run the same offense and defense from pee wee to your senior year. That’s where Chase Daniel and Greg McElroy matriculated. Not super talented QBs but winners. And now they have Quinn Ewers. Great stuff down here! Glad there’s no higher power that forces us to choose between Georgia and Texas. Life goes on.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Full Ride basically calling Pruitt an idiot. Saying it makes zero sense continuing to play JG and thinking JG can win with him. Said it is causing losses and now losing recruits. They don’t understand why he didn’t go young all year and they have no answer on how to fix it. They said he could change coordinators, but we have already done that twice. They said Bailey should have started all year and said the only reason for not playing him is stubbornness. It’s not looking good.
Who dey?

To everyone here doing their eulogy for UT Football today because an undersized LB decommited I feel sorry for y'all, I'm 26, not even old enough to really remember the GOOD times when we were winning the SEC and the Natty and I still haven't lost the faith, the reason for that is because we the fanbase will always keep UT relevant, we're either 1 good coach away or 1 stellar QB away from National relevancy again almost always and that's because we all support the Vols, eventually there will be a hire made that will get it right, or who knows it might be HB developing, Kaidon Salter coming in, or Horn/Simpson in 2022, but eventually the sleeping giant will wake up

But we don’t because of the sheer size. It’s borne from primarily two population centers...DFW and Houston. Growing up in Chattanooga I couldn’t have imagined the dedication involved at these little mini-universities. Telling that one of the strongest programs Southlake Carroll, doesn’t have overwhelming physical talent. It’s the one high school for its area and they run the same offense and defense from pee wee to your senior year. That’s where Chase Daniel and Greg McElroy matriculated. Not super talented QBs but winners. And now they have Quinn Ewers. Great stuff down here! Glad there’s no higher power that forces us to choose between Georgia and Texas. Life goes on.
I grew up in Chattanooga too. Still live here. I've always thought the high school football talent here (or lack thereof) was kind of disappointing. Not saying the Chattanooga metro should be some huge hotbed, but we have a top recruit come from here only once in a blue moon.

Reactions: butchna
To everyone here doing their eulogy for UT Football today because an undersized LB decommited I feel sorry for y'all, I'm 26, not even old enough to really remember the GOOD times when we were winning the SEC and the Natty and I still haven't lost the faith, the reason for that is because we the fanbase will always keep UT relevant, we're either 1 good coach away or 1 stellar QB away from National relevancy again almost always and that's because we all support the Vols, eventually there will be a hire made that will get it right, or who knows it might be HB developing, Kaidon Salter coming in, or Horn/Simpson in 2022, but eventually the sleeping giant will wake up
If you’re trying to justify us losing a 5 star LB by saying he is too small, which is outrageous, I feel sorry for you

He is definitely a BIG loss, pun intended

I grew up in Chattanooga too. Still live here. I've always thought the high school football talent here (or lack thereof) was kind of disappointing. Not saying the Chattanooga metro should be some huge hotbed, but we have a top recruit come from here only once in a blue moon.
I was already here, but Gerald Riggs at my alma mater winning the state championship was a special slice of awesome!

Lewis was undersized a decade ago, not today. LBs need to be faster today. Everybody in the country wants that kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back