Would you root for Florida to destroy us?

Hell no. It’s going to be awful enough as it is. However, once it’s over, they’d have beat us down, and I’ve endured a couple of days chiding from my gator fan mother in law, it would make me feel better if we make a change.

It is cheering for UT to lose. There is no “greater good” except in the minds of some clueless posters here. Pruitt is not getting fired this year and to cheer for the Vols to lose to anyone is stupid.
Well, you know what they say about opinions.

No, but they will. Tennessee v Fla is like Kentucky v UT. No matter how good or bad we seem to never show up for that game.

Reactions: knoxvol16
I don't expect to win and haven't expected to win since the Georgia game. You certainly aren't going to beat Florida without a serviceable QB. But given the choice of drinking a bucket of gator p*ss or cheer for them to win? I will have mine on the rocks!

Honest question. Given the obvious lack of development (regressed in many aspects) and the general feeling of how this is going to end anyways, will you find yourself secretly rooting for UF to kill us this weekend so we are forced to make a change?

I can’t imagine we let Pruitt continue to coach after we lose by 38 points to Florida... maybe the boosters will wake up?
I wouldn't root for florida if it would bring world peace.

No true Tennessee fan would. No true fan of any school would.

Anyone saying yes to “pulling for a loss to a rival” does not share the same meaning of fandom and love and loyalty to a school that I do.

Pruitt isn’t getting fired this year. It’d make sense if he was. His team is playing terribly and next year is going to have a lot of firings. It will be much harder to get a good coach next year with all the competition. So that is what we are going to do. And in the end we will somehow convince ourselves (in the short term) that another 11th choice unproven coordinator is what we needed all along.

If it meant we were getting Freeze or a Urban Meyer if Florida beat us like 50-10 then yea I would. We all know at this point that Pruitt isn’t getting it done here he’s not HC material.

Never! BUT if I know we are gonna get blown out I might aswell make some money off of it. I put $$ down on Florida covering a -17.5 pt spread.

Why do some of you try to dictate what characteristics a 'real' fan should embody?

Hell NO! I would NEVER root for ANY opponent to destroy us. I get that many want Pruitt gone. But, I would love to see us beat Flordia. I know it probably won't happen but man I would love to see it.

Honest question. Given the obvious lack of development (regressed in many aspects) and the general feeling of how this is going to end anyways, will you find yourself secretly rooting for UF to kill us this weekend so we are forced to make a change?

I can’t imagine we let Pruitt continue to coach after we lose by 38 points to Florida... maybe the boosters will wake up?

No, never would I root for us to lose.

Nah. Can't do it.

A win over Florida is a win over Florida. If a win over UF is the nut that Beldar the bald, blind squirrel happens to locate then so be it. That said, I strongly doubt there is a snowball's chance in hell for a win with Beldar at the helm or #2 under center.

I understand the point of the OP.

florida‘s loss to mississippi state in 2004 is the greatest loss in school history

If UT has a chance to win at the end of the game and you find yourself rooting for Florida, please stay a gator fan

Reactions: HEAD-VOL
Never rooted against Vols, ever and, in my wildest imagination, can't see it happening.
If we lose I won't be surprised or overly distraught but quiet resignation has already set in.
Pruitt needs to go but, as always, it's a process not an event and I will suffer a little longer rather than cheer for the team to take a loss.
GBO!!

Florida doesn't need any help beating the hell out of the Vols so...no....I will never pull for them, Bama, or anyone else playing the Vols.

It's a far fetched hypothetical that the UT administration would ever do the proactive thing based on the outcome of the FL game. UT has won 5 times since 1998. They obviously aren't too worried about the outcome of the game.

VN Store

Back