All things STOCKS

Sold 7500 shares of PLTR at 31.20 this morning. Still holding 2500, but I had to take profits at 105% gain from a couple weeks ago. Also sold half of another spec play that's been behaving very well, but the RSI is getting stretched. I actually traded over 1M in my active account for the first time this morning before closing just under.

Check to see if I’m right, but E*TRADE says RYCEY is paying out an annual dividend of 1.90 and the ex div date is 2 DEC. The stock is only trading at 3.35 currently, so you pretty much are getting your money back if you buy it now. Insanity.

Check to see if I’m right, but E*TRADE says RYCEY is paying out an annual dividend of 1.90 and the ex div date is 2 DEC. The stock is only trading at 3.35 currently, so you pretty much are getting your money back if you buy it now. Insanity.
Are you sure that isn't 1.9% ? And most likely a quarterly payment, but not sure. So roughly .019x $3.50÷4=$.02/share. Roughly.
You are correct though. Several sights are showing a big dividend. That doesn't seem likely, but ***

Are you sure that isn't 1.9% ? And most likely a quarterly payment, but not sure. So roughly .019x $3.50÷4=$.02/share. Roughly.
You are correct though. Several sights are showing a big dividend. That doesn't seem likely, but ***
This is what my E*TRADE shows. Maybe it’s not updated.

Attachments

• ACA18AB6-1D16-4DB9-9C58-D04C65CD34F9.png
    ACA18AB6-1D16-4DB9-9C58-D04C65CD34F9.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 10
This is what my E*TRADE shows. Maybe it’s not updated.
I see similar on two other sights. The easy math is stock price times yield. $3.35 x 1.74% =$.06. That is the. annual yield .
The dividend is more than likely quarterly, but possibly not.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a $1.90 dividend next week. Stranger things have happened though.
Look at several stock quotes for rycey. Yahoo, CNBC are showing what I've shown.

Morgan Stanley shows 0.1272 per share, 3.7745% with Dec 2, 2020 as ex-dividend.

4/6/2020:
“Rolls-Royce said its board was no longer recommending its final dividend in respect of 2019, saving 137 million pounds.”

Last edited:
Morgan Stanley shows 0.1272 per share, 3.7745% with Dec 2, 2020 as ex-dividend.

4/6/2020:
“Rolls-Royce said its board was no longer recommending its final dividend in respect of 2019, saving 137 million pounds.”

Proceeds from Sale of rights.
They needed cash. I didn't realize the got paid by miles flown.

Last edited:
They do things wonky over there. They don’t even know which side of the road that they are supposed to be driving on.

The same thing happens here, but I don't ever recall it happening. Most likely because I never owned the stock of a company that raised money like that. But then my understanding is most companies raIsing money with a sale of rights can't get the money otherwise.

I don't mind driving in most foreign countries, but driving on the the wrong side of the road scares me. I'm afraid I might panic and do something stupid. I even get anxious just riding in a car, and seeing another vehicle approaching from the opposite direction.

Sold 7500 shares of PLTR at 31.20 this morning. Still holding 2500, but I had to take profits at 105% gain from a couple weeks ago. Also sold half of another spec play that's been behaving very well, but the RSI is getting stretched. I actually traded over 1M in my active account for the first time this morning before closing just under.
I took my profits too yesterday on PLTR. Helluva run the last month.

Smokey needs to put on some more steam.....

Needs more of these months

1606600073967.png

Smokey needs to put on some more steam.....

Needs more of these months

View attachment 326461

This month has been very nice. I'm now up 37% MTD in my active account. PLTR had a 35 point move from the close Tuesday to early trading on Friday. I was working on my PC Friday morning and snapped a pic. I wish I got a screenshot on mobile. I closed at 998k. But it was cool while it lasted.
PXL_20201127_150508407.jpg

Rumor I’m seeing is PSTH is trying to take STRIPE public.

I wonder if that’s what’s going to happen. Stripe is interesting but Ackman sure seems like a shady feller. Square (SQ) should be less risky than handing personal capital over to that character. But Jack Dorsey seems kind of unstable himself. PayPal could make a similar acquisition.

I also wonder how long RobinHood remains private. RH looks like a good platform to use for crypto speculation. I was poking around in the RH app last night while considering opening an account there. The RH guys are a bit shady as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheColdVolTruth
I wonder if that’s what’s going to happen. Stripe is interesting but Ackman sure seems like a shady feller. Square (SQ) should be less risky than handing personal capital over to that character. But Jack Dorsey seems kind of unstable himself. PayPal could make a similar acquisition.

I also wonder how long RobinHood remains private. RH looks like a good platform to use for crypto speculation. I was poking around in the RH app last night while considering opening an account there. The RH guys are a bit shady as well.

Ackman was mentioned in a Forbes article I read last week concerning junk bonds and covid.

Is ‘Hell’ Coming To The Stock Market Again? Bill Ackman Might Be Right

I also wonder how long RobinHood remains private. RH looks like a good platform to use for crypto speculation. I was poking around in the RH app last night while considering opening an account there. The RH guys are a bit shady as well.[
Ackman was mentioned in a Forbes article I read last week concerning junk bonds and covid.

Is ‘Hell’ Coming To The Stock Market Again? Bill Ackman Might

Is ‘Hell’ Coming To The Stock Market Again? Bill Ackman Might Be Right

Wall Street is a sleazy place. I put my money on psth. Entirely because of Ackman. Also small investment spac dgnr, and a small amount on rbac.

What turned the market red all of a sudden?
The sun came up this morning.
There is not always an event that causes the market to rise or fall. Sometimes it's just emotion.
Year end sees people taking profits or losses to minimize capital gains or use a capital loss carry forward.
Some may feel the market is over valued. Some are still afraid of Covid. Possible gridlock in Congress and no stimulus. etc.
Basically opinions.

The sun came up this morning.
There is not always an event that causes the market to rise or fall. Sometimes it's just emotion.
Year end sees people taking profits or losses to minimize capital gains or use a capital loss carry forward.
Some may feel the market is over valued. Some are still afraid of Covid. Possible gridlock in Congress and no stimulus. etc.
Basically opinions.

Agreed. There's so much uncertainty still in the recovery. The market is in a tale of two cities mode (it was the best of times, it was the worst of times). Online sales were way up for Black Friday, and in store sales were down 50+%. Airline traffic was at a covid high, and it was still down 60% from last year. The fed warning on LIBOR offers stability with the SOFR as a replacement benchmark, but the assumption seems to be current contracts roll off at expiry. There seem to be a lot of moving parts. Everything also feels stretched here with the Nov run. I don't think a pullback would necessarily be a bad thing here. Also, I'm holding a small position in PSTH as well.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I've got about half my portfolio in cash right now. Looking for something to jump into, but nothing is screaming at me. Trying to play it safe at the moment. I do like the charts on CLPS and ECOM, but I haven't done any research on either company yet. BABA could be in for a nice reversal in the next few days.

I had AMRH on my watch list and actually had a buy order in last week that didn't fill. Of course, it would run up 25% today... always happens.

Several analysts that I've followed are calling for a correction by EOY, maybe 5% or so. I've had some protective puts on indexes that should pay off pretty nicely. These are just hedging the gains I've made in individual stocks and 401k's.

VN Store

Back