Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are Mr. Sunshine yourself with posts like that.

Never happy, or very unhappy after 15 years of garbage being sold to fans. There's a big difference. You should know that at your age.
I'm old enough that I don't let football wins or losses make me unhappy. Believe it or not, there is much more to life than UT football.

My only "light at the end of the tunnel" view is that we're already negotiating with another coach (Freeze seems plausible here) to take over after next season. Maybe were ahead of the game here instead of being 100% one year late and reactionary for once. One thing for sure in my mind is Pruitt is done here, whether it be after this season or next. I said last year he wouldn't make it after the first two games. I thought the way he finished last season that his chances were improved but the learning curve is steep and he's not got what it takes to climb it.

My only "light at the end of the tunnel" view is that we're already negotiating with another coach (Freeze seems plausible here) to take over after next season. Maybe were ahead of the game here instead of being 100% one year late and reactionary for once. One thing for sure in my mind is Pruitt is done here, whether it be after this season or next. I said last year he wouldn't make it after the first two games. I thought the way he finished last season that his chances were improved but the learning curve is steep and he's not got what it takes to climb it.
You're making to much sense right now. Go back to bed and come back in a few hrs.

Okay kpt bone mill and your ilk. You have made your position very clear. Many times. Ad nauseam Over and over. OZ has spoken. As most rational people have known and said for weeks there is no way JP is not our coach next year. So if you truly bleed Orange it’s time to support the Young Men who are playing and also those who have pledged to play down the road. You keyboard warriors need to either give it a rest or say something positive or at least constructive every once in a while. For the love of Orange.
I’ll always love Tennessee and the players here. I hope the players that come here do great things both on and off the field. But that’s doesn’t mean I’m going to support a less than mediocre coach. That’s part of why a change need to be made at HC. The players deserve better.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
What is financial difference of waiting until after next year? We will still owe buyouts and if we make changes to assistants now we will owe them even more unless they sign a one year deal and who would do that?
Pruitt’s buyout goes down by about $4M, but like you said, he’s going to have to make assistant changes and commit to contracts two years or more to get anyone worth a damn.

So, it’s all a wash financially.

Reactions: Tennessee Golfer
Pruitt’s buyout goes down by about $4M, but like you said, he’s going to have to make assistant changes and commit to contracts two years or more to get anyone worth a damn.

Then we will hear “can’t hire a coach” “no money” and it will be the same as this year.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Okay kpt bone mill weeks hunter and your ilk. You have made your position very clear. Many times. Ad nauseam Over and over. OZ has spoken. As most rational people have known and said for weeks there is no way JP is not our coach next year. So if you truly bleed Orange it’s time to support the Young Men who are playing and also those who have pledged to play down the road. You keyboard warriors need to either give it a rest or say something positive or at least constructive every once in a while. For the love of Orange.
I support the vols. Never said I didn’t. Never rooted for them to lose. Pruitt sucks. It’s apparent. I have repeatedly said we have talent on the roster. A good coach would win with this roster.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
What is financial difference of waiting until after next year? We will still owe buyouts and if we make changes to assistants now we will owe them even more unless they sign a one year deal and who would do that?
We pay a bunch of these new assistants Pruitt is supposedly getting mega buyouts. So probably will cost more next year.

Reactions: Tennessee Golfer

Keeping him this year isn’t done to lessen the buyout until next year. Keeping him this year is in hopes you don’t have to fire him next year

ND 2016 is the hope

Reactions: hooter vol
Lots of negative. I get it. But if HB is legit and we play him next year is not lost. We can keep everyone we want basically. Then add in what is kept from the class and we will have a lot of talent. We are a decent qb from 4-3. A good qb and who knows. In limited snaps I’ve seen nothing that shows me HB can’t be what he was supposed to be. A very good college qb

Lots of negative. I get it. But if HB is legit and we play him next year is not lost. We can keep everyone we want basically. Then add in what is kept from the class and we will have a lot of talent. We are a decent qb from 4-3. A good qb and who knows. In limited snaps I’ve seen nothing that shows me HB can’t be what he was supposed to be. A very good college qb
IDK what you're talking about. Obviously we're going to lose Salter because we started playing HB

200.gif

I'm old enough that I don't let football wins or losses make me unhappy. Believe it or not, there is much more to life than UT football.
I’m not that old (getting older every day though), but it’s gotten easier and easier to deal with losses as real life has taken more and more of a priority for me. A bad loss used to ruin my weekend. Now, it stays with me for about 30 mins.

I’d also suggest you folks who spend hours and hours every day on this board bellyaching and obsessing to just stop (I was one of them not too long ago). Check in every once in a while and focus on the things that actually matter (and the things you can actually control) in your lives.

Go get Will Healy at Charlotte, before someone else gets him. He's a great recruiter and his players get better each year.
i don't hate it. surprised he's not getting any run for the USCe job honestly. players love that guy, and UNCC's program is so new, they've done really well, relatively speaking. if nothing else, he's got experience at basically starting a program from scratch-ish.

and it couldn't hurt our recruiting efforts in NC/SC.....

but it's a big jump from UNCC to TN....totally different in every way.....but he's a name to watch.

Reactions: peaygolf
I support the vols. Never said I didn’t. Never rooted for them to lose. Pruitt sucks. It’s apparent. I have repeatedly said we have talent on the roster. A good coach would win with this roster.

You’ve said that 1492 times. No need to keep saying it. Everyone heard you a long long time ago. Surely you guys have something better to do?
Or do you?

Reactions: OrangenSC
I’m not that old (getting older every day though), but it’s gotten easier and easier to deal with losses as real life has taken more and more of a priority for me. A bad loss used to ruin my weekend. Now, it stays with me for about 30 mins.

I’d also suggest you folks who spend hours and hours every day on this board bellyaching and obsessing to just stop (I was one of them not too long ago). Check in every once in a while and focus on the things that actually matter (and the things you can actually control) in your lives.

BINGO. We have a winner. But I bet they won’t stop. It gives them a sense of importance or common misery.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back