Jeremy Pruitt still 'absolutely' thinks Jarrett Guarantano gives Vols best chance to win

Here's where I think Pruitt's mind is.....and if it is he is in fact correct!

This is a covid season and by playing JG with his stats it can be a win-win for all. Yeah we get jabs about our record and losing, but look at it this way.

1. Pruitt gets to sell JG in a year where nobody loses a year, but there will still be a draft. Any kid drafted/ signed is good for all!
2. Bailey IS the best QB in the room, but again covid set things back so he's getting reps all while not being thrown into the fire. This is great for his development and he's not losing a year. Very SMART of Pruitt.
3. Bailey can now go thru an entire off season within the program and still be a "true freshman"! What wonders it will do for this offense!
4. JG will graduate this yr. So you can name Bailey the guy moving forward, JG can transfer/ enter draft/ etc. and it wont matter.

Guys, this is great for Pruitt and our VOLS. Its literally a practice yr!

Reactions: PowerT83
IIRC it looked like he could have thrown his body in Smoke's direction and at least given effort to knock him out of bounds. I know there were a couple of blockers between JG and Smoke, but he gave zero effort to bring him down.
Guarantano is simply not athletic.

Reactions: lifeVol

This is a covid season and by playing JG with his stats it can be a win-win for all. Yeah we get jabs about our record and losing, but look at it this way.

1. Pruitt gets to sell JG in a year where nobody loses a year, but there will still be a draft. Any kid drafted/ signed is good for all!
2. Bailey IS the best QB in the room, but again covid set things back so he's getting reps all while not being thrown into the fire. This is great for his development and he's not losing a year. Very SMART of Pruitt.
3. Bailey can now go thru an entire off season within the program and still be a "true freshman"! What wonders it will do for this offense!
4. JG will graduate this yr. So you can name Bailey the guy moving forward, JG can transfer/ enter draft/ etc. and it wont matter.

JG already graduated...before last season.

I used to laugh at the conspiracy theory, but I'm really starting to think Pruitt wants to get fired.
I have been saying this for the last 3-4 weeks and I really think this is the case. He knows Tn will have to pay him and he can go back to being a DC at Bama on Tns dime. He will never be a HC again

mr-mackey-south-park-drugs-are-bad-mkay-1.jpg

Reactions: whodeycin85 and tbh
Guy can't put a full sentence together. I can't begin to imagine what his mind entertains as a "thought".

Reactions: tbh

IF CJP really 100% believed that he would have never pulled JG. This looks like a stubborn person who grew up a fan of another team . With the no lose buy out. He has became apathetic and is in a no lose situation. If he gets fired, he's guaranteed money and guaranteed a DC job. The losers in all of this, are the players, fans and the University. He knows he's in a situation that any move he makes hurts a lot of people. Ultimately his family will have plenty of security in any situation. We all should be so fortunate. Moving is not fun but moving with so much money , you literally don't have to raise a finger, it is an idea situation.

Reactions: tbh
Given CJP is coming back for sure for the 2021 season and JG is eligible for one more season, any one else seeing CJP proving to us how he was right all along and starting JG every game he's healthy for the 2021 season come hell or high water?

Beldar is going down with the ship.

If HB has any sense at all, he's in the portal tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: hexnut
After watching JG all this time and coach says he gives us best chance to win. either he is dumber than box of rocks or we have the worse set of QB's in nation.

The biggest worry with Pruitt is his refusal to see that JG is not the best chance to win he has more turnovers than anyone on the team.

Reactions: hexnut
There is absolutely no coach in the country that we keep playing a 5th year senior on a team with 5 losses. This season is over. The only value left in it is to start preparing the younger players for ‘21. At this point I can only conclude Pruitt is just being a dick. He does not like people questioning his abilities so he is not going to change out of pure defiance. A terrible trait for any coach.

I agree. I think about it this way. We are hiring nobodies. People upgrading to a huge stage from obscurity. You would think the UT holds all the bargaining chips in that scenario. I mean, wouldn't you eventually find some chump we've never heard of who would take a chance even without a buyout?

I’ve heard that Pruitt and Fulmer have the same agent. The idea of a good ol boys network and shady backroom deal not being investigated doesn’t seem that far fetched in East TN politics/business.

VN Store

Back