More Important: Starting Bailey or beating Vandy?

Which is more important for Pruitt to save his job?

• Play for the future with Bailey

Votes: 255 84.7%
  • Have to beat Vandy

Votes: 46 15.3%

• Total voters
At this point, I don’t think JG led offense can beat Vandy. He’s a total head case right now. I think HB could beat Vandy but it will be close. It’s an indictment on everyone on the coaching staff that we are even having this discussion.

Reactions: tbh
I think most people here believe starting Bailey does give us the best chance to beat Vandy. But we will just hypothetically assume Pruitt is right, and JG gives us the best chance to win.

Which is more important for Pruitt's job: Playing for the future with Bailey, or stopping the bleeding with a win over Vandy?

The VQ guys said they believe Pruitt will start JG against Vandy because he believes he gives us the best chance to win the game, and Pruitt believes he HAS to win this game for his job. I just don't know about that. I think giving the powers at be hope for the future by playing Bailey is more important than beating Vandy.

What say you? Which is the most likely path to saving Pruitt's job?
At this point, people are so frustrated with the program that I am not sure it matters. If JG starts and we win, there will be people upset that Bailey didn't start. If he starts Bailey and loses, there will obviously be people upset at a loss to Vandy. The problem is that he has lost what may be a majority of the fan base and the only thing that can repair that is quite a bit of winning. If Pruitt doesn't get fired, his only hope is to have a very good year next year. I would think it would take a 9-3 season with a win over one of the big three to make most folks breathe a little easier. If he stumbles out of the gate, he is toast with almost the entire can base and it's over.

tenor.gif

For those that voted play Bailey..... losing to Vandy is like getting your ass kicked by the braces and coke bottle glasses wearing kid everyone refers to as “lunch money”...... I vote both... play Bailey and beat those panty wearing worms from West End Ave. like the worthless bitches they are.

It’s too late for Pruitt to save his job by starting Bailey, he can’t lose to Vandy period. I don’t think a coach has ever survived losing to Kentucky, Vandy, as well as an Arkansas team in its first year after a coaching change.
Back in 1954, Harvey Robinson lost to Kentucky and Vanderbilt in the same season. He was fired at the end of the season with a 10-10-1 record. This was only two seasons after General Neyland's last team at Tennessee, which went 8-2-1 and played in the Cotton Bowl.

Time to get prepared for next year.

These last 3 games are basically pre season at this point for us or early spring practice.

Time to hit live reps so he is 100% ready next year.

I think these polls need to have an option for the growing ranks of disillusioned and apathetic fans like myself. For example neither choices offered in this poll would get my vote but a third option of "what difference does any of it make I'm just waiting on a coaching change" would.

I dont think its set in stone that Pruitt will start JG.

Start Bailey because future and because everything indicates he's ready. Especially against Vandy.

There is no way he can't execute the same conservative gameplan they've been rolling with JG.

I know Auburn maybe was holding back a bit against Harrison, but it wasn't exactly garbage time. Doubt Vandy's defense will be any better than what he saw in the fourth against AU.

Bailey gives us the best chance to win. Not by him being the better player. For whatever reason the rest of the team responds when he trots out there. My opinion is the team as a whole don't have any confidence in JG and they dont give thier all for him. It's addition by subtraction taking JG out the game.

Reactions: tnutater
I think most people here believe starting Bailey does give us the best chance to beat Vandy. But we will just hypothetically assume Pruitt is right, and JG gives us the best chance to win.

Which is more important for Pruitt's job: Playing for the future with Bailey, or stopping the bleeding with a win over Vandy?

The VQ guys said they believe Pruitt will start JG against Vandy because he believes he gives us the best chance to win the game, and Pruitt believes he HAS to win this game for his job. I just don't know about that. I think giving the powers at be hope for the future by playing Bailey is more important than beating Vandy.

What say you? Which is the most likely path to saving Pruitt's job?

You should have another option for your poll.... which is "who cares"...... I didn't watch UT v Auburn and won't watch any other games until Pruitt is fired - get that damn gump Bam'r out of Knoxville ASAP!

Reactions: CR-vol
Start JG. Vandy is not the game to throw out a rookie QB! Program is down enough losing to Vandy could bury us.

So which is it? People gripe about “throwing him to the wolves” when it comes to Bama, UGA, UF, etc. and now you’re saying we shouldn’t throw him in against Vandy? They are not the wolves.

So which is it? People gripe about “throwing him to the wolves” when it comes to Bama, UGA, UF, etc. and now you’re saying we shouldn’t throw him in against Vandy? They are not the wolves.
It's too dangerous to your body to play the good teams and too risky for your ego to play the bad teams.

If these people applied these philosophies to their own lives they would never muster the courage to leave their house.

The two aren't mutually exclusive in my book. At this point rolling with JG gives you your best chance to lose. I say that with overwhelming evidence on JG's side and a small but reasonable performance sample by HB. Playing the latter is now your best chance to win it. That and the running game
QB should not be the deciding factor in this game...either one should be able to hand off. I would love to see another 200+ yard game by Eric Gray.

Dont start Bailey, but play Bailey. He IS the future so managing him is far more important than winning this year if your overall goal is to get back to competing in the East/ SEC.

Reactions: PowerT83
Start Bailey, give him a full 4 quarters, and have the best chance to beat Vanderbilt. Add in the outside chance that maybe, just maybe, #2 gets the hint that his shelf life has expired and that problem solves itself with his electing to depart to enter the NFL begin a promising career in psychology, and voila...a win-win-win for Vol Nation!

Raise your hand if you want to save Pruitt's job.

Part of me says that yes, now that the dumpster is alight brighter than ever, we should keep Beldar on board until a) his contract runs out or b) he leaves of his own accord. The program's been in the sh*tter for roughly a decade and a half and is already a laughing stock, why not save some money and make Karl Childers's idiot brother Beldar suffer as well in the meantime?

VN Store

Back