Kicking game

Mrgro

Why is nobody talking about the kicking game? It cost us 6 points. That was huge in my opinion with a low scoring game.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Yo, you can talk trash a Cimaglia but he's been a great player for us. He's missed a few this year that he shouldn't have but do not compare him to JG
I will. His 2 missed FG changed the outlook of the game. His missed FG this year will hurt his NFL stock if he has any. Jumping around like an idiot against Arky and then Pruitt said he had a hurt knee??? BS. Great players make plays when they are on the field. Ive seen great kickers at UT, he is not one of them.

Reactions: Tnphil
Anything Pruitt touches seems to regress.
That dude has no excuse. He doesnt need anybody to practice kicking FG in the off season and during covid. He can film his practices and kick with a FG tee with a truck load of balls in any of our facilities. Looks like he added a few more pounds and tattoos over the off season but lost his kicking games.

That dude has no excuse. He doesnt need anybody to practice kicking FG in the off season and during covid. He can film his practices and kick with a FG tee with a truck load of balls in any of our facilities. Looks like he added a few more pounds and tattoos over the off season but lost his kicking games.

It’s starting to look like he spent the off-season with someone’s girlfriend.

Why is nobody talking about the kicking game? It cost us 6 points. That was huge in my opinion with a low scoring game.

I agree. Pass defense was just good enough to win except for that one stupid breakdown that allowed a TD. Added to the missed field goals, we're now at 13 points. Then there was the kickoff return(3rd quarter I think) where our return man slipped on fell on the 7-8 yd. line. Then there was JG's pic six coming just after he'd thown a great pass in the end zone that could have been caught by Josh Palmer. Other than these critical breakdowns, the team played good enough to win and should have won. Someone reported that we outgained Auburn both on the ground and in the air. It wasn't all JG. Theses critical breakdowns seem to be Tennessee football. Frustrating as hail.

I agree. Pass defense was just good enough to win except for that one stupid breakdown that allowed a TD. Added to the missed field goals, we're now at 13 points. Then there was the kickoff return(3rd quarter I think) where our return man slipped on fell on the 7-8 yd. line. Then there was JG's pic six coming just after he'd thown a great pass in the end zone that could have been caught by Josh Palmer. Other than these critical breakdowns, the team played good enough to win and should have won. Someone reported that we outgained Auburn both on the ground and in the air. It wasn't all JG. Theses critical breakdowns seem to be Tennessee football. Frustrating as hail.
I agree, to win this season we need ever point we have the opportunity to get. If we leave point on the field against Vandy, they will beat us as well.

VN Store

Back