Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Freeze is going to happen for multiple reasons.

Our list is going to look something like:
Billy Napier
Shane Beamer
Tee Martin
Barry Odom
Tony Elliott

We’ll call Fickell and Campbell and get turned down.
No!! You don’t fire Pruitt for any name on that list.

I think Napier is a good coach, but we can’t have someone that needs to learn how to be a big time HC.

The rest, just no.

Reactions: volfaninpa
Ron, we’ve been around long enough to know how this goes.

What you and I want - or who you and I would agree should be targeted - will not represent what the admins at the University end up with at the end of the day.
We should demand excellence at UT. That list is subpar.

Ron, you apparently have more faith in the admin than I do. Not only do I think they keep Pruitt this year, but when they eventually do get rid of him, I have zero faith they'll hire a coach we fans want. I think it'll be another busted hire that we pray somehow fixes things.
We have to demand better.

Well the team has not quit, we have a young team. I totally agree that Bailey needs to start the rest of the way. I am willing for Pruitt to get another year for sure, but next year has to be one that we see big changes and big strides. I do think we are closer than some think, but that doesn't mean we don't have a ton of work ahead and how the players work this off season is going to be crucial. If we hold this recruiting class and add another quality player or 2 with it the future doesn't look bad. Our O-Line looks like it is just now getting into rythm. Our best running game is straight ahead off tackle, keep pounding it when it's working and mix in play action when you get them crowding the line to stop the run. GBO!!!!!
The team did start to quit. They fought all game until they had enough of JG. Let Auburn score the last TD. We put Bailey in, he moved them down the field to score. It rejuvenated our team to fight. They are close to mailing it in and Bailey came and lifted them up. Coaching malpractice what Pruitt has done this season.

I don’t think Freeze is going to happen for multiple reasons.

Our list is going to look something like:
Billy Napier
Shane Beamer
Tee Martin
Barry Odom
Tony Elliott

We’ll call Fickell and Campbell and get turned down.
We get Freeze if we offer. Just depends if our boosters and admin would hire him. He would come though. But Napier would be a good hire and much better than Pruitt

Ron, we’ve been around long enough to know how this goes.

What you and I want - or who you and I would agree should be targeted - will not represent what the admins at the University end up with at the end of the day.
Been saying that for a minute now.

Fire him tonight and roll with Chaney the rest of the year.

I've been saying to get Freeze on the line 1st and then cut JP loose but after tonight's game and his attitude during the interview, I've seen enough. I'm sick of Pruitt.
GET HIM OUT OF HERE PHIL!!!

I don’t think Phil ignores Hugh. If Hugh is legit wanting this job as bad as some speculate he’ll get a call.

I definitely think Campbell, Hugh, Napier are good candidates. The question is in what order will they be ranked and will any turn us down?

Not sold on Sark or Beamer... Chadwell is another name I expect we hear.

Ok, there is a certain wisdom to stick with a senior over a true freshman, especially in a year when you haven’t had a real sprig or fall camp.... JG just happens to have this skill at ****ing up in the worst way possible, but being deceptively good to passable 99% of the time.
There is zero wisdom in sitting a five star QB (no matter his age) when your senior QB is straight garbage.

I think Pruitt wants to be fired
It is obvious he does. He's not really this stupid even though he is an inbred Bammer. And that is precisely why he shouldn't get his buyout. He's not acting in a manner that isn't rational or defensible. Therefore he's either mentally disabled or he's trying to get fired.

At this point, it's time to hire a "group" to find enough dirt to justify a firing for cause. He's trying to destroy our program and it's time to fight fire with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back