Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Freeze is going to happen for multiple reasons.

Our list is going to look something like:
Billy Napier
Shane Beamer
Tee Martin
Barry Odom
Tony Elliott

We’ll call Fickell and Campbell and get turned down.

Don't want Tee as head coach. We have had enough of want to be HC's. We need one with experience in winning. Tee isn't it. Nothing personal toward Tee but we don't need another HC that is over his head.

I find it very telling that Chaney trusts HB to throw it in the center of the field and does not appear to trust JG to do the same.
Tried to tell y’all it was Pruitts call. I don’t care that AV tried to come in and say it wasn’t. Heard from two different offensive coaches that they wanted to move on from JG and Pruitt kept going with JG.

Anyone catch what Bailey did on his 3rd or 4th snap? Corner showed blitz, Bailey stops and points it out, no biggie not unusual. But, when the ball is snapped his first read is right but he first takes a quick glance to see if the corner was coming before eyeing his receivers again. Subtle but $...

And when both LBs blitzed up the gut a few plays later, he stood in and tried to throw behind them to Fant (I think). Didn’t hit it but it was the right play and he did it naturally

Reactions: 99Vol

Billy Napier
Shane Beamer
Tee Martin
Barry Odom
Tony Elliott

You just ruined everyone’s night...😳

Billy Napier
Shane Beamer
Tee Martin
Barry Odom
Tony Elliott

Freeze or better. None of those you listed qualify.

Yes. That team tonight we saw wasn’t one where the HC had lost his Lockerroom as was discussed here all week on this board.

They played hard as hell tonight

Yeah, and that just makes his decision to roll JG out there and let him throw another game away that much less forgiveable.

Lose to Vandy - he is fired. Win Vandy, but curb stomped by UF and aTm - fired. Two scenarios with the same outcome. One day 9-3 or better seasons will happen again. Maybe.

Reactions: StoVol
Freeze or better. None of those you listed qualify.
Ron, you apparently have more faith in the admin than I do. Not only do I think they keep Pruitt this year, but when they eventually do get rid of him, I have zero faith they'll hire a coach we fans want. I think it'll be another busted hire that we pray somehow fixes things.

Reactions: VolsNUT
Tried to tell y’all it was Pruitts call. I don’t care that AV tried to come in and say it wasn’t. Heard from two different offensive coaches that they wanted to move on from JG and Pruitt kept going with JG.

Ok, there is a certain wisdom to stick with a senior over a true freshman, especially in a year when you haven’t had a real sprig or fall camp.... JG just happens to have this skill at ****ing up in the worst way possible, but being deceptively good to passable 99% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back