2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

I loved Taber Spani! She wasn't the go-to player, but she was the kind of player that could really hurt you if you lose sight of her. If Puckett is surrounded by the right complement of guards, she could easily play the role of a sniper while defenses are preoccupied with the players that can create their own shot.

It was 100% Taber Spani’s chronic injuries — debilitating turf-toe, elbow and back pain — that kept her from becoming the top player she should have been. She was strong as an ox and whip-smart. Hers is one of the more heartbreaking careers IMO for someone who had “it” to not physically be able to BE it.

Vicki Baugh is another of those players my heart breaks for. One of the sweetest kids Pat ever signed, Baugh had first-team AA potential that was dashed by that ACL injury at the end of her outstanding performance in the national championship game. The moment she fell is, unfortunately, forever seared into my memory. Sometimes I can’t remember at lunchtime what I ate for breakfast, but even after all these years I can see the pain and disappointment on Baugh’s face like it happened five minutes ago.

It was 100% Taber Spani’s chronic injuries — debilitating turf-toe, elbow and back pain — that kept her from becoming the top player she should have been. She was strong as an ox and whip-smart. Hers is one of the more heartbreaking careers IMO for someone who had “it” to not physically be able to BE it.

Vicki Baugh is another of those players my heart breaks for. One of the sweetest kids Pat ever signed, Baugh had first-team AA potential that was dashed by that ACL injury at the end of her outstanding performance in the national championship game. The moment she fell is, unfortunately, forever seared into my memory. Sometimes I can’t remember at lunchtime what I ate for breakfast, but even after all these years I can see the pain and disappointment on Baugh’s face like it happened five minutes ago.

agree

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think your comp to Spani was appropriate, with Striplin closer to Spencer. Both can shoot, but will have difficulty creating their shot at this level...

The offensive system should create shot opportunities. Having kids that can shoot 23 footers stretches the defense and creates more opportunities for everyone, even the posts. We've had too many players creating their own shot of late.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The offensive system should create shot opportunities. Having kids that can shoot 23 footers stretches the defense and creates more opportunities for everyone, even the posts. We've had too many players creating their own shot of late.

In theory, assuming you have a competent point guard who can run the offense, read, react, and avoid an absurd number of turnovers...

In theory, assuming you have a competent point guard who can run the offense, read, react, and avoid an absurd number of turnovers...

Nice post...There's hope for you after all.
9Rar.gif

Reactions: NeedOrange

I was watching Kellie’s MoState Sweet 16 team yesterday. That was a team that wasn’t afraid to get a bucket. They mixed it up well on the offensive end. They even out scored DePaul which is tough to do. Got caught in a couple defensive battles but they were tough. If we play like that with the caliber of athletes we have, we are in business.

I expect to see a much more consistent defensive effort this season. That should lead to some easy baskets in transition. This team is going to be big and mobile. Should get 10 more easy points from our defense alone. Cuts down on TOs if we can grab some easy baskets as well.

Is this supposed to be a dig? i know I saw a big T but unless my eyes deceive me no big R?🤔 😂

just giving you an hard time and reminder where you are 😂

UConn with the top player two years in a row is impressive but not surprising. One has to be impressed with SC pulling 4 of the top 11 in 2019, skipping a year then grabbing 4 of the top 15 and multiple top five players in 2021. In WBB where kids can’t go pro early, that works really well.

Also interesting ND did ok even with MM retiring.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back