Pruitt support

If you erase this football season Pruitt turned 2019 around and things were positive at the end. Although everyone is dealing with COVID this year it is different for everybody due to different states having different rules and just plain luck (how many cases and contacts there are). No spring practice, limited summer, big numbers out in fall you probably hope you can roll any kind of team out there. I don’t think we should evaluate him based on this year.

We most definitely SHOULD evaluate him based on this year.

EVERYONE is dealing with this. And bad teams are becoming better than us while we sit here and twiddle our thumbs and do absolutely nothing.

I'm tired of the excuses. Stop it. Please. For this team and this university. Enough is enough.

You hear sports analysts/commentators all the time talk about how teams overcome diversity, the odds, and playing through stressful situations. This season should matter most of all. It shows who has it and who doesn't. Who can adjust on the fly and get your team prepared at a last minutes notice.

2020 should be a test for ALL coaches. So we dang well should be evaluating them. Especially since we and everyone else are PAYING them MILLIONS. Heck we even asked other staff to take pay cuts for this clown!

No more participation trophies. No more excuses. If coach can't take the heat then get the $#&$# out the kitchen!!!

How in the world is Tom Herman an example of how we're just as well off with Pruitt? Texas is 4-2 and one game out of first place in their conference; they also have a win this season against a top-ten opponent. Remind me again how many wins against top-ten opponents Pruitt has?

I totally agree with you, we just have to be patient and give him some time...Jones left our program in horrible shape. Keep in mind where Clemson is today and how long it took them to achieve their status today. We need to support Pruitt and give him some time.

I could agree with this position if I didn't keep this in my head with Pruitt - JG gives us the best chance to win. We don't even give another QB a series just for experience in the middle of the game (early 2nd quarter). It just tells me we have coaches that are stubborn to a fault. And if you can't see that you are not winning and needs to do something different then something is wrong somewhere. Maybe they just want buyout checks.

I understand there are other areas we are struggling but everything starts with the QB spot imo. Average is JGs ceiling.

That said I'm rooting for Pruitt. I don't know why other than because he is the current coach.

Can we please stop with the whole “all he needs is an offensive identity” nonsense. He’s not a good head coach regardless of how successful of an offense he has. As I’ve been saying for three years his game management skills are awful. He proved that once again with his indefensible decision to forgo the fg attempt at Arkansas. Face it, he’s just not a good head coach. And he’s never going to be.

Well...in Pruitt's defense it's not like they went out and spent a bunch of money on the offensive coordinator position.

2020 has been a crapshoot with COVID. Hiring is a crapshoot no matter how good you think they are - see Harbaugh, Herman, and Frost. If Pruitt can work out an offensive identity we know we’ll have a good defense (eventually). Surely as he gets more experienced the administration part of being a HC will get easier. Curious to see the rest of the season, how recruiting finishes, and his offseason moves. Hopefully even if COVID is still around they’ll figure out how to have spring practice and summer workouts so this will be the only asterisk year. Pruitt could still end up being a good coach for us.

We know what we’ve got. Time to either buckle in and get behind again or do the inevitable now.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Until Tennessee brings in a Chancellor and AD with a brain; I honestly don’t want to think about another coaching search. Competent leadership at the top should be the priority.
I think the Chancellor and AD have the ability to control the Athletic Program. And ,of course, the Chancellor has control of the AD. As the old saying says, the problem starts at the top and can be controlled by the top.

2020 has been a crapshoot with COVID. Hiring is a crapshoot no matter how good you think they are - see Harbaugh, Herman, and Frost. If Pruitt can work out an offensive identity we know we’ll have a good defense (eventually). Surely as he gets more experienced the administration part of being a HC will get easier. Curious to see the rest of the season, how recruiting finishes, and his offseason moves. Hopefully even if COVID is still around they’ll figure out how to have spring practice and summer workouts so this will be the only asterisk year. Pruitt could still end up being a good coach for us.
Nope, nope, nope. Pruitt is NOT the guy. We're wasting time waiting to see if he can turn it around. Their is 3 great coaches we should be trying to get in Freeze, Meyer, and Stoops. Of course we'll sit back and watch our SEC brothers take them and the cycle will continue another decade

I have to tell you. I was holding out my judgment of the staff for the Arkansas game coming off a bye week. I couldn't have been more disappointed if they had just decided to not come out of the lockerroom at halftime, which is the way they played. I don't expect this team to put up any resemblance of an effort against the gators.

Something is very wrong with Pruitt's program and I don't believe it has anything to do with COVID-19. I could see coming up short with miscues, missed tackles, dropped passes, etc which could be blamed on the lack of practices and time together. But this team has gotten worse as the season has gone on. This cannot be blamed on COVID. There is another pandemic happening inside that program and it's continuing to get worse.

Hope OP didn’t think he was creating a rally thread for Pruitt supporters 😂. The opposite has occurred here lol

We most definitely SHOULD evaluate him based on this year.

EVERYONE is dealing with this. And bad teams are becoming better than us while we sit here and twiddle our thumbs and do absolutely nothing.

I'm tired of the excuses. Stop it. Please. For this team and this university. Enough is enough.

You hear sports analysts/commentators all the time talk about how teams overcome diversity, the odds, and playing through stressful situations. This season should matter most of all. It shows who has it and who doesn't. Who can adjust on the fly and get your team prepared at a last minutes notice.

2020 should be a test for ALL coaches. So we dang well should be evaluating them. Especially since we and everyone else are PAYING them MILLIONS. Heck we even asked other staff to take pay cuts for this clown!

No more participation trophies. No more excuses. If coach can't take the heat then get the $#&$# out the kitchen!!!
nicely said

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
I have to tell you. I was holding out my judgment of the staff for the Arkansas game coming off a bye week. I couldn't have been more disappointed if they had just decided to not come out of the lockerroom at halftime, which is the way they played. I don't expect this team to put up any resemblance of an effort against the gators.

Something is very wrong with Pruitt's program and I don't believe it has anything to do with COVID-19. I could see coming up short with miscues, missed tackles, dropped passes, etc which could be blamed on the lack of practices and time together. But this team has gotten worse as the season has gone on. This cannot be blamed on COVID. There is another pandemic happening inside that program and it's continuing to get worse.

I believe the problem with the players is the same with the fans.......loss of confidence in the coach.

Reactions: Rockyjr
That is like saying in another year JG could still end up being a good QB.....Its over, Pruitt needs to end up being a good coach some place else

Reactions: Rockyjr
I totally agree with you, we just have to be patient and give him some time...Jones left our program in horrible shape. Keep in mind where Clemson is today and how long it took them to achieve their status today. We need to support Pruitt and give him some time.

But we are regressing, not improving, next year the whole roster will be Pruitts, 4 yrs of recruits, and if none of our qb are not better than jg, we are in a big mess at qb. I am just not convince they are not better. My fear is that jg will start again next year.

Nope, nope, nope. Pruitt is NOT the guy. We're wasting time waiting to see if he can turn it around. Their is 3 great coaches we should be trying to get in Freeze, Meyer, and Stoops. Of course we'll sit back and watch our SEC brothers take them and the cycle will continue another decade

You are right, we could have had Mullens if we had acted faster, before the fla job came open, but we waited too long. And for those of you who didn't think Mullens was a good coach, look what he has done at Fla.

VN Store

Back