Pruitt support

tnktm

2020 has been a crapshoot with COVID. Hiring is a crapshoot no matter how good you think they are - see Harbaugh, Herman, and Frost. If Pruitt can work out an offensive identity we know we’ll have a good defense (eventually). Surely as he gets more experienced the administration part of being a HC will get easier. Curious to see the rest of the season, how recruiting finishes, and his offseason moves. Hopefully even if COVID is still around they’ll figure out how to have spring practice and summer workouts so this will be the only asterisk year. Pruitt could still end up being a good coach for us.

tenor.gif

We have all seen things that make us want to question our support of Pruitt.
Some legitimate, some not.
Changing out coaches every few years with other coaches in the same price range has not worked.
Go BIG and run with the big dogs
Or keep what we have and hope for improvement.

If you erase this football season Pruitt turned 2019 around and things were positive at the end. Although everyone is dealing with COVID this year it is different for everybody due to different states having different rules and just plain luck (how many cases and contacts there are). No spring practice, limited summer, big numbers out in fall you probably hope you can roll any kind of team out there. I don’t think we should evaluate him based on this year.

You avoid crapshoot with leadership in the athletic director's position, who should be a shrewd businessman in today's big business college sports environments, has an uncanny ability to put the right people into the right situations, yes you need success within the football program to drive revenue for the non revenue sports and to meet the title 9 obligations that go with the operation of any programs at a university, arrogance, ego and a business mind stuck in the 1970s won't get it in today's ultra competitive college sports environment.

I attribute a lot of the success at all programs at Florida to Jeremy Foley, recently retired, but their programs have excelled nationally and in conference quite regularly, also, until the Adidas pay to play mess cost everybody at Louisville their jobs, Tom Jurich assembled competitive programs across all sports and carefully navigated the school's journey from the old Metro Conference to the All American Conference to the Big East and into the ACC, quite a feat for an urban university which was historically men's basketball. Not every school can be a founding member of the SEC before games were broadcast on radio and light years before most of the games were streamed live across your smartphone.

The consensus best AD in the country currently is Joe Castiglione at Oklahoma, then probably the guy at Ohio State who hired Luke Fickell as the interim, before Urban Meyer and then Ryan Day, you need a business man, not an old football coach, although Barry Alvarez has done well at Wisconsin, nor an inexperienced bean counter, nor a wash out has-been like Handsome Dave Hart, you will not find Fulmer on any lists of the top ADs in the country and many of the university's flailings in sports are directly attributable to the lazy and inept leadership in the athletic department and the sooner we put excellence in that role, the sooner we will see excellence on the field and across all sports at Tennessee.

It all starts at the top.

Can we please stop with the whole “all he needs is an offensive identity” nonsense. He’s not a good head coach regardless of how successful of an offense he has. As I’ve been saying for three years his game management skills are awful. He proved that once again with his indefensible decision to forgo the fg attempt at Arkansas. Face it, he’s just not a good head coach. And he’s never going to be.

COVID-19 is a variable, but it is equitably applied to every team.

It is not an excuse; moreover, it identifies yet another shortcoming in leadership - in how they have failed to navigate this obstacle as well as other coaches. COVID-19’s effects matter but not how some folks want them to matter.

2020 has been a crapshoot with COVID. Hiring is a crapshoot no matter how good you think they are - see Harbaugh, Herman, and Frost. If Pruitt can work out an offensive identity we know we’ll have a good defense (eventually). Surely as he gets more experienced the administration part of being a HC will get easier. Curious to see the rest of the season, how recruiting finishes, and his offseason moves. Hopefully even if COVID is still around they’ll figure out how to have spring practice and summer workouts so this will be the only asterisk year. Pruitt could still end up being a good coach for us.
It amazes there are people who can muster a thought like this.

If we fielded great defenses, I would agree with you but most of the time our defense is very average at best. If our defense is going to be average, what exactly does Pruitt bring to the table as a HC?

Can we please stop with the whole “all he needs is an offensive identity” nonsense. He’s not a good head coach regardless of how successful of an offense he has. As I’ve been saying for three years his game management skills are awful. He proved that once again with his indefensible decision to forgo the fg attempt at Arkansas. Face it, he’s just not a good head coach. And he’s never going to be.
I’m as patient as anyone. I want him to be successful because it’s the fast way to winning. There’s just very little to lead me to believe he can win here and tons that he cannot. Add to it that our university isn’t in a hurry to make a change and are proven at poor coaching hires and the whole thing becomes very depressing.

I totally agree with you, we just have to be patient and give him some time...Jones left our program in horrible shape. Keep in mind where Clemson is today and how long it took them to achieve their status today. We need to support Pruitt and give him some time.

If you erase this football season Pruitt turned 2019 around and things were positive at the end. Although everyone is dealing with COVID this year it is different for everybody due to different states having different rules and just plain luck (how many cases and contacts there are). No spring practice, limited summer, big numbers out in fall you probably hope you can roll any kind of team out there. I don’t think we should evaluate him based on this year.
We still doing this, we still making excuses for this season and the coaching?

VN Store

Back