Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you jumping to conclusions? My gosh. I’ve never said I wanted Pruitt over Mullen. This isn’t an either/or. I have just said that Dan Mullen wasn’t the long term answer at UT. He would have done better in the short term, but you have to have the ability to sustain recruiting success at UT. There have been red flags at UF with transfers, but he has a QB that has it rolling this year. Not sure how you got what you did based on what I said.
Truth 💯

I think they know once the team sucks even more with HB, whatever veil of competence is left on the program comes crashing down.

Coaches love to sell potential. Love to have that card in the back pocket.

They hate to use it.
I have felt for awhile that this was at least a factor with HB. Might not be the entire reason but it is part of the equation. I mean just look at the posters on here that expect HB to be "the answer" because of his recruiting profile. They know he is not ready yet. They put him out there and he looks bad and the coaches lose that pitch about him being the answer next season.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
If everyone including CJP knows he’s a short timer, then we better hope for a coaching change ASAP. Between the transfer rule and a tanking recruiting class, we could be looking at permanent Vandy status. Surely the powers that be can see this.
"Tanking recruiting class" lol that's more dramatic than my 10 year old daughter. We are losing lots of commitments huh? I must have missed all those decommits.

Reactions: Volbucky and Weezer
I think everyone continues to underestimate the economic impact all universities are facing this year and in the future. The money is just not there to support coaching changes. Even the money printing schools like Clemson are having to make decisions to cut costs. They have one of the most decorated track and field programs in the country but are still going to cut it. Very sobering. Clemson Cuts Men's Track and Field, Cross Country

"Tanking recruiting class" lol that's more dramatic than my 10 year old daughter. We are losing lots of commitments huh? I must have missed all those decommits.

Not saying it’s happening, and I hope it doesn’t. I’m not trying to be dramatic. If you read back a few pages, AV and others seem to have suggested that it’s coming though. I was posting in response to that.

Was it in Mitchell County?
Yes I believe it was...we went over the mountain to Bakersville, then around to Red Hill and Huntdale area along the river (I think that is what it was called) and then through Poplar on to Erwin...I can't remember exactly where it was though..I was just driving by, and saw the beautiful shot with the trees, old stone wall and barn and stopped to take a few pics. I used the vignette edit because I thought it was perfect for that old rustic feel.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
Not saying it’s happening, and I hope it doesn’t. I’m not trying to be dramatic. If you read back a few pages, AV and others seem to have suggested that it’s coming though. I was posting in response to that.
AV said it would look different, but I don’t think he meant that it a negative, “tanking” kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back