8 Vols assistants reject UT pay cut to help with losses due to covid

Still would be plenty (with excess). These coaches get a TON of financial perks in the community. You’re grasping at straws because you KNOW 180k is more than enough in East TN. It’s not $200k but still incredible pay during a pandemic.
That's not really a significant salary. It's a comfortable living, but who knows how fiscally responsible someone at that salary may be. One of them could easily be overextended.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
These is the faux Schiano moral outrage witch hunt allover again.
Moralists flexing their might.

Didn't say anything during Schiano, I think he's pretty awful without Penn State.

People pissed out about 15 yrs of sucking looking to spew vile, pathetic.

Ok, IF that’s accurate then the lowest paid position coach would still make $180k to coach tight ends (which we don’t have or use). I could live for a year on 180k. Could you?
I could, but that’s not what this is about. They feel like they’ve earned it, right or wrong, if I felt that way in my current job, I’m not sure I’d just give up 10% of my salary.

I’d like to think I would, but I’m not going to pretend I make that kind of money. I don’t, I make a good living, but I work my ass off for it. So, I’m not real keen on somebody taking it. The amount of money doesn’t matter, it’s a pure personal choice.

Someone should start a poll thread:

1. I see no issue with assistant coaches refusing to take a voluntary 10% paycut for 2020.

2. I think it’s wrong for assistant coaches refusing to take a voluntary 10% paycut for 2020.

3. I wish they were all paid on performance.

4. Nothing to see here. Move on.

1, 3, and 4

If you can’t see the wrong move here then you ARE blind. If you CHOSE to rationalize selfishness you ARE moronic. Even Christ himself took issue with the hypocrisy and greed in the world.
You still haven't figured out what I'm talking about have you? I have not rationalized their decision. Other than one sarcastic comment, I have not commented negatively or positively about their decision. What you seem to be missing in our conversation that I've not been talking about them at all.

And you call me blind and a moron.... 🤣

I could, but that’s not what this is about. They feel like they’ve earned it, right or wrong, if I felt that way in my current job, I’m not sure I’d just give up 10% of my salary.

I’d like to think I would, but I’m not going to pretend I make that kind of money. I don’t, I make a good living, but I work my ass off for it. So, I’m not real keen on somebody taking it. The amount of money doesn’t matter, it’s a pure personal choice.

The amount ABSOLUTELY matters. It’s 20k out of 200k. 20k could keep someone else in a job. 10% of MOSTZ of our incomes would not. They earned the terms of the contract. I earned Hell, but grace and mercy give me another option.

The amount ABSOLUTELY matters. It’s 20k out of 200k. 20k could keep someone else in a job. 10% of MOSTZ of our incomes would not. They earned the terms of the contract. I earned Hell, but grace and mercy give me another option.
Did the owner of your company take a paycut??? If so how much and how much is thier salary??

Why not more, they make more??? Seems in your perfect altruistic world they should have sacrificed.more...simply because once we bounce back they will benefit the most...

They didn’t HAVE to sacrifice anything. They could have just let the other lower paid employees foot the bill (like our assistant coaches are choosing to do).

You still haven't figured out what I'm talking about have you? I have not rationalized their decision. Other than one sarcastic comment, I have not commented negatively or positively about their decision. What you seem to be missing in our conversation that I've not been talking about them at all.

And you call me blind and a moron.... 🤣

I called you what you are acting like. Your defense of the indefensible is sickening. I know you think I’m being judgmental because I said people’s hearts are not right. If you don’t see that there are many people with cold, bitter, and selfish hearts then you are blind and/or incapable of processing this mentally.

They didn’t HAVE to sacrifice anything. They could have just let the other lower paid employees foot the bill (like our assistant coaches are choosing to do).
Exactly they chose not to cut even more from themselves....if they had maybe joe dock worker living check to check wouldn't have had to......its all relative you have no idea why they chose not yet you say they made a wrong choice....maybe they didn't so they could support someone who took a bigger loss then 25% or lost thier job altogether....get off your high horse and let it be...its not for you to judge right or wrong.....

No, it's just one of those things that members of the club inherently understand.

Ahhh...gotcha. All your “decent” and “superior intelligent” Mensa friends here in East TN that make 180+k annually. Gotcha. I’m sure it’s a great group of people to be around. Probably a very unselfish group that knows a LOT about sacrifice.

Why not more, they make more??? Seems in your perfect altruistic world they should have sacrificed.more...simply because once we bounce back they will benefit the most...
Don't you love it when certain people try to dictate what others should do with their money? Same kind of people that think you can legislate morality..

What if morality police found out that those coaches gave 10% or more of their salaries to St. Judes or other worthy charities? Would that change their opinions of them?

People should be very careful to NOT shape their opinions on what they THINK they know as opposed to the truth. Too often they're not the same.

Don't you love it when certain people try to dictate what others should do with their money? Same kind of people that think you can legislate morality..

What if morality police found out that those coaches gave 10% or more of their salaries to St. Judes or other worthy charities? Would that change their opinions of them?

People should be very careful to NOT shape their opinions on what they THINK they know as opposed to the truth. Too often they're not the same.
I find it in the same mold of people who demand you wear a mask to protect other but cut you off in traffic, take the last loaf of bread when they have 3 in thier cart....

Exactly they chose not to cut even more from themselves....if they had maybe joe dock worker living check to check wouldn't have had to......its all relative you have no idea why they chose not yet you say they made a wrong choice....maybe they didn't so they could support someone who took a bigger loss then 25% or lost thier job altogether....get off your high horse and let it be...its not for you to judge right or wrong.....

Totally different scenario here. I have no CLUE how much they make. We DO know how much these coaches make and it’s wrong of them to not take the cut. We see it differently and it’s MY belief that our differences in opinion comes from the way our hearts view sacrifice, selfishness, greed, and the sin that corrupts people’s minds. I can’t make you see right and wrong...I wish it was that simple.

Totally different scenario here. I have no CLUE how much they make. We DO know how much these coaches make and it’s wrong of them to not take the cut. We see it differently and it’s MY belief that our differences in opinion comes from the way our hearts view sacrifice, selfishness, greed, and the sin that corrupts people’s minds. I can’t make you see right and wrong...I wish it was that simple.
That's not for you to judge....its that simple...your not the moral police....your not GOD...yet you pass judgement like you are...

Reactions: davethevol and m1al
Ahhh...gotcha. All your “decent” and “superior intelligent” Mensa friends here in East TN that make 180+k annually. Gotcha. I’m sure it’s a great group of people to be around. Probably a very unselfish group that knows a LOT about sacrifice.
The group makes up the majority of the highest rated local charities' Boards of Directors. Two have donated kidneys to unknown recipients. There are many festive occasions where the group gathers in high spirits. We do, however, share a bi-annual Gathering of Lamentations. I will admit it's not a great weekend to meet the crew.

I called you what you are acting like. Your defense of the indefensible is sickening. I know you think I’m being judgmental because I said people’s hearts are not right. If you don’t see that there are many people with cold, bitter, and selfish hearts then you are blind and/or incapable of processing this mentally.
So because I don't agree with you and judge these guys one way or the other, I'm defending them? OK, I guess that makes sense in your world. Also, I'm definitely NOT saying there aren't sh!tty people in this world. I just don't have enough information to place these coaches in that class as you have.

Frankly I think I'm the only one between us that actually is "processing this mentally."

I truly feel sorry for you and wish you the best of luck.

10% of a marginal cut won’t deplete the pockets of God. You are missing the faith element as well as ethical element. I can’t believe you don’t see how it was a poor and morally wrong move to not help out.
Put down the pipe, seriously. No good can come from it.

Any “goodness” found in me is only because I’ve had a true heart change found by a real encounter with Christ. I’ve realized that this world is not about me, My selfish desires, or what I can rationalize in my own mind. I believe in God and his overall purpose and divine purpose for my life. I believe that there is a true right and wrong and that when your hearts in the right place it’s not difficult to know which is which.

I believe it there was an ethical choice to be made by our assistant coaches. I believe the two of them, along with other coaches at our university, made the right decision. I believe that others failed to see the big picture, factor in the situation involved, and chose to be selfish. If you want to rationalize selfishness then that is a concept that I just cannot comprehend. I feel pity for you and hope that one day you realize there is a true north and you choose to run towards it with all of your strength.
Troll

VN Store

Back