8 Vols assistants reject UT pay cut to help with losses due to covid

Here is something to consider. This is one year where the University is taking a major hit. Given it was founded in 1794 you'd think, at this point, they would have saved for a rainy day. Not sure if they can tap the $1B or so in the endowment to cover losses but that may be an option. Anyone know the rules around accessing those funds?
Photo ID and account number.

Reactions: GoVols64
And if the guy that makes $1.6M says no but the guy that makes $400k says yes then who is the real idiot. I'm guessing they are hedging their bets their contracts might not get renewed based on team performance. Then why be dumb enough to give salary back.
I can understand Tee doing it. UT will always take care of him. Graham is the same imo.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Maybe the coaches that didn't take the cut, have taken a serious look at the way the admin runs this ship and said, nope, you boys and girls got yourself in this mess and it's not my responsibility to help bail you out...

I don't post a lot but the people saying "well you wouldn't take a pay cut so why should they?" That's ridiculous! Yes i wouldn't tale a pay cut but i don't make a half a million $'s a year or more. Trust me it wouldn't hurt their pockets. Just my opinion but this is the problem with the world in general. Let's look out for mine and to hell with everything else. You say "Well its the contracts they signed!" No sh*t. Half of them cant even coach and 100% get paid more than their worth! 5 of the 8 coaches that declined are GARBAGE!

I don't post a lot but the people saying "well you wouldn't take a pay cut so why should they?" That's ridiculous! Yes i wouldn't tale a pay cut but i don't make a half a million $'s a year or more. Trust me it wouldn't hurt their pockets. Just my opinion but this is the problem with the world in general. Let's look out for mine and to hell with everything else. You say "Well its the contracts they signed!" No sh*t. Half of them cant even coach and 100% get paid more than their worth! 5 of the 8 coaches that declined are GARBAGE!
What about Osovet? He makes slightly over $200k and this is his first year being paid anything like that. I understand his declination of a pay cut more than anyone.

There you go again, assuming you know their motivation by calling the decision "selfish". Could it be selfishness? Yes, it could be, but you don't know that for sure. You evidently don't get that you're making a JUDGEMENT based on your views and no real knowledge of their individual situations and that is WRONG.

✌ Brother.....

Blind...hard to see when you are blind. Look at the evidence. Don’t be a moron. Look at the coaches that CHOSE to help. Look at who didn’t. I don’t have to have inside knowledge to know things.

We aren’t at practice yet we ALL KNOW this team is poorly coached. Prove me wrong.

Blind...hard to see when you are blind. Look at the evidence. Don’t be a moron. Look at the coaches that CHOSE to help. Look at who didn’t. I don’t have to have inside knowledge to know things.

We aren’t at practice yet we ALL KNOW this team is poorly coached. Prove me wrong.
Jesus tell you to call me a blind moron? Folks like you give Christians a bad name..You have a lot to learn my friend.

Have a good night and a better tomorrow...

legitimate question: do you know what percentage he was asked to cut?
Not sure. Didn't they say Phil took 15 percent and that was the largest by percent? I assume something short of that,and less by percentage. Osovet is most likely to have bills to pay with that money. I'm sure his lifestyle upgraded to some degree when he became a permanent on field assistant.

Jesus tell you to call me a blind moron? Folks like you give Christians a bad name..You have a lot to learn my friend.

Have a good night and a better tomorrow...

If you can’t see the wrong move here then you ARE blind. If you CHOSE to rationalize selfishness you ARE moronic. Even Christ himself took issue with the hypocrisy and greed in the world.

Reactions: Jhilly05
And just to add to my point i know these guys work ridiculous hours but when recruiting shut down and no contact with players(outside of phone calls) from what mid March to August they worked half the hours they would usually put in.

Ok, IF that’s accurate then the lowest paid position coach would still make $180k to coach tight ends (which we don’t have or use). I could live for a year on 180k. Could you?
Not if I had a new mortgage and newly upgraded cars with my newfound raise, or if I was paying attorney fees to bring three orphan siblings from a third world country.

Not if I had a new mortgage and newly upgraded cars with my newfound raise, or if I was paying attorney fees to bring three orphan siblings from a third world country.

Still would be plenty (with excess). These coaches get a TON of financial perks in the community. You’re grasping at straws because you KNOW 180k is more than enough in East TN. It’s not $200k but still incredible pay during a pandemic.

Someone should start a poll thread:

1. I see no issue with assistant coaches refusing to take a voluntary 10% paycut for 2020.

2. I think it’s wrong for assistant coaches refusing to take a voluntary 10% paycut for 2020.

3. I wish they were all paid on performance.

4. Nothing to see here. Move on.

VN Store

Back