Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...Haven't been on here in a while. We gonna get to finish out this season? With fans? Without fans? I personally don't care. Just don't mess with my basketball season!

I don't think they'll all go, especially with the pandemic limiting options. I'd be surprised if agents weren't putting out feelers. UT has once again turned a promising season into a Very Bad Awful No Good Year. Nobody's feeling good about it. And some have clauses in their contracts that give them a way out without paying UT a buyout.

This is what bothers me most about the contracts we give. Whatever outs the coach gets, we should get as well. We shouldn't agree to a buyout for firing unless the coach agrees to a buyout for leaving on his own.

If they didn’t know, now they know.

This paycut story is surely news to the rest of the staff. This will do nothing to rally the troops, and at the least, it will sow malice and resentment amongst the coaches. Doubt the players care at all.
KNS does everything they can to make our program look bad. I don't like that they did not take the pay cut, but as you said, all the story does is foment discord.

KNS does everything they can to make our program look bad. I don't like that they did not take the pay cut, but as you said, all the story does is foment discord.

+150 VN coins for usage of “foment”

When I googled that it said “to bathe with warm or medicated lotions”

UT agreed to all of those contracts and the coaches did not have to take cuts. It is a bad look for some, but not every coach is equal. Most coaches spend years sacrificing working 80 hours a week as GAs, analysts and QCs for very little pay. When they finally get in a good spot, I am sure it is hard to take a cut.

How many of us would volunteer for a pay cut, if we were under contract at our employer. Especially if we worked in a field with high turnover. This is a bad look for some, but not many people will sign up for a pay cut.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
I didn't mean that as a criticism of Pruitt. I liked the hire then, and still kind of do now, for the long run.
Yeah, the consensus at the time was we have to give him several years because we were in such bad shape this rebuild would take a minimum of 4 years and probably more. Plus, we knew he had to learn on the job so we need to be patient. Good luck with that.

Agree. How much weight do we put, tho, on a) Pruitt is cleaning up the mess left by Butch abd Currie abd b) 2020 being a s**t show in general that didn't exactly lend itself to normal football season?

Legit? I think I know how I feel...
Too many huge red flags for me.

1. No real progress from year one till now.
2. No QB development
3. Inexplicable losses
4. Inability to execute simple tasks like stopping a slant
5. No offense
6. Weaknesses where we thought their would be strengths.
7. Staff turnover.
8. Staff underperforming compared to previous jobs.

Just so much that makes you think, “This is not just a matter of getting better players in place”. The system is broken and his stubbornness is what makes it irreparable

Don't @ me.

I see it the other way. If CP would play the future players like HB for the rest of the season I could take a 1-3 this year. That would mean HB and several others would get some valuable playing time and experience for next year. Now if CP is going continue with status quo and send JG back out there then yeah close up the season. Would love to see HB and the other young players get 4 games of experience even if it may mean winning only one.

UT agreed to all of those contracts and the coaches did not have to take cuts. It is a bad look for some, but not every coach is equal. Most coaches spend years sacrificing working 80 hours a week as GAs, analysts and QCs for very little pay. When they finally get in a good spot, I am sure it is hard to take a cut.

How many of us would volunteer for a pay cut, if we were under contract at our employer. Especially if we worked in a field with high turnover. This is a bad look for some, but not many people will sign up for a pay cut.

This leaves out one important variable, subpar job performance. If they were performing well it would be different. When you are doing a bad job and you flip your employers off, that's more than just a bad look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back