Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be devastating to see the season cancelled. But game reps would be valuable for the young guys who'll be the nucleus of the team next year, even if they come with the expected FR mistakes. The older guys aren't stepping up to fill the leadership void. The younger guys are more likely to do that, once they take a more active role.

We're already moving toward making the young guys the face of the program. A lot of it's for recruiting, but it's also for the locker room. Some guys are ready to move on. We're not seeing their best effort. So we're going to see and hear more from those who're all-in.
It’s about time that our young guys get on the field but the one Freshman we want to see is Bailey, any insight on what the plan is for him?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It wouldn't be devastating to see the season cancelled. But game reps would be valuable for the young guys who'll be the nucleus of the team next year, even if they come with the expected FR mistakes. The older guys aren't stepping up to fill the leadership void. The younger guys are more likely to do that, once they take a more active role.

We're already moving toward making the young guys the face of the program. A lot of it's for recruiting, but it's also for the locker room. Some guys are ready to move on. We're not seeing their best effort. So we're going to see and hear more from those who're all-in.
That should've been the plan from game 1 this season. But I guess its better late then never.

Any of you near, or been around, Orange Beach AL recently? According to what I’ve seen the last one didn’t affect the area much, but I think Sally did some damage and I’m wondering if it still looks like a war/construction zone down there. Thinking about going down there the week of thanksgiving.

It’s about time that our young guys get on the field but the one Freshman we want to see is Bailey, any insight on what the plan is for him?

If we play, Bailey should get more PT. He's our #2 now and expected to be our starter going into next year. Bailey already has good rhythm with some of our key receivers.

If Sham isn’t going to class and is starting to be a cancer, he needs to be gone. I’m saying don’t be surprised to see a few more gone at seasons end. That’s all. And I don’t think most would be missed that do leave.
gotcha....that first post didn't come off like that....presented as if the staff lost the team, not some bad apples being picked off.....

on that i agree.....;)

Bottom line: if the plan is to keep rolling out JG, then I’m praying for crona cancellations in the name of our grandmothers.

If the plan is to play Harrison Bailey, then I’ll miss you grandma but your time is up. Go Vols.
giphy.gif

My biggest worry is we have a repeat of no spring practice and limited pre-season camp. You need these things to have any hope of developing young talent.
Hopefully by the summer they can get some sort of practice time in, or start the season later like they did this year with a 10 game schedule.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
My biggest worry is we have a repeat of no spring practice and limited pre-season camp. You need these things to have any hope of developing young talent.
At the risk of being political: Vaccine has to happen soon. American people will not stand still for this so-called "new normal" much longer. Need to get it done, get it out there and get things, including SEC FOOTBALL back to normal.

Bottom line: if the plan is to keep rolling out JG, then I’m praying for crona cancellations in the name of our grandmothers.

If the plan is to play Harrison Bailey, then I’ll miss you grandma but your time is up. Go Vols.
Well, all my grandparents are gone, so.....

Reactions: 825VOL
Any of you near, or been around, Orange Beach AL recently? According to what I’ve seen the last one didn’t affect the area much, but I think Sally did some damage and I’m wondering if it still looks like a war/construction zone down there. Thinking about going down there the week of thanksgiving.
here in charlotte, we set an all time record for rainfall in a day, almost 5"...widespread flooding all over.....we got dumped on yesterday big time.....we're fortunate, out of harms way, but there were a lot of folks that have historically never had flood issues, that found themselves needing to get rescued. i know of one school in my area that had to be evacuated as flash flooding hit hard yesterday morning.....water ain't no joke.

If we play, Bailey should get more PT. He's our #2 now and expected to be our starter going into next year. Bailey already has good rhythm with some of our key receivers.
If he’s expected to be the starter next year why not play him now and get him valuable reps, especially since the season could end at any point. Literally no reason to trot #2 out there other than the fact he’s a SR.

If he’s expected to be the starter next year why not play him now and get him valuable reps, especially since the season could end at any point. Literally no reason to trot #2 out there other than the fact he’s a SR.
Bailey still has to improve his practice habits. He still completes too many balls to become the starter.

i think with testing the way it is now, we stand a much better chance of having a "regular" off season this next year. last spring, everything just got cancelled becuase there was so much unknown, and no way to test like they can now.

so i don't think it will be as bad as last spring/summer/fall........but i'm sure it will be impacted by positive tests/quarantines etc...

the caveat to that is if there are major, widepread, shut downs again.....then yeah, it's a non starter.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
I agree-- War Games mode. We could lose out. Wouldn't mind seeing aTm and UF cancelled. I'd like to see Bailey get going in-game with Hyatt, Keyton and Palmer, though.
the other thing, not really talked about is that for some of our rivals, i.e. Florida, their best season in well over a decade gets stomped out.....that'd be nice. :)

I don’t see a lot to suggest we’re good at developing talent in a normal year. You saw Arkansas with a new coach have his guys more ready than us.

Reactions: Vols4us and tdbigo
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back