'21 GA CB Nyland Green (UGA commit)

So. How we feeling here? Anna Hickey just put in a CB for him. She’s usually pretty conservative with her picks.

So. How we feeling here? Anna Hickey just put in a CB for him. She’s usually pretty conservative with her picks.
She put that in a couple weeks ago prior to news that UT has a slight lead. Idk where we are after the Arkansas game though.

chain%20link.jpg

I feel like for the past several years the recruiting pitch to these guys is the same: "Hey kid, you can come in and compete for early playing time and bring us back to prominence". When will it change to: "Hey kid, we are the best of the best and if you want to win, come here".

I just see the same lines from every kid and article I read. A bit frustrating to be honest.

I feel like for the past several years the recruiting pitch to these guys is the same: "Hey kid, you can come in and compete for early playing time and bring us back to prominence". When will it change to: "Hey kid, we are the best of the best and if you want to win, come here".

I just see the same lines from every kid and article I read. A bit frustrating to be honest.
I imagine the pitch will change when we can say “we are the best of the best” and have it be true.

I imagine the pitch will change when we can say “we are the best of the best” and have it be true.

He seems to be exactly what we need at corner. If telling him the starting spot is his until he proves that decision wrong would insure we get him, I’d do it.

Lol I've been huge supporter of pruitt from day one. But I have to admit I'm trying understand how we are where we are. I know qb situation is huge part of it
i think it's probably 75% of hte issue...it's a big deal. it trickles down to ever other part of the team...game planning is limited by the QB. recruiting is limited by him because you don't see anything from this offense that makes offensive players want to play in it....it hurts the O line because defenses can load up to stop the run, and with the late deliveries he's had, they can't protect that long. it puts pressure on the defense because they have to get stops and rarely get to play with a lead, and even if they do, a la arkanasas, it can evaporate quickly.....

anyway. the QB issue is a big deal......i think the other part, maybe 20% of what's left is the wishy washiness on the staff. too much turnover, too early on. hurts consistency and was part of the issue in recruiting offensive skill players.....

the other 5% goes to pruitt himself for seemingly do a 180 on what he presented himself as being an aggressive, players first coach...where's the guy that faked punts, did on side kicks, goes for it on 4th down, or gets emotional after the UGA game in 2018? now we get the guy that doesn't know when to kick a FG down 2 scores in the 4th and says it was too far away to do it??? or keeps force feeding "best chance to win"?

i don't think he's getting fired, and siap, i'm just kinda over the whole fire him/keep him debate. either way at this point, i see valid reasons to take either course of action. and either way, we're still 2-3 years away from being a competitor again in this league....

regardless of all that, we need a stable qb situation...and we need consistency on the staff. so i think we see another rash of changes this off season, but man, at this point, this next round of changes needs to stick......and pay off.....

or we fire pruitt and start over, again..........

pond or pool.

i think it's probably 75% of hte issue...it's a big deal. it trickles down to ever other part of the team...game planning is limited by the QB. recruiting is limited by him because you don't see anything from this offense that makes offensive players want to play in it....it hurts the O line because defenses can load up to stop the run, and with the late deliveries he's had, they can't protect that long. it puts pressure on the defense because they have to get stops and rarely get to play with a lead, and even if they do, a la arkanasas, it can evaporate quickly.....

anyway. the QB issue is a big deal......i think the other part, maybe 20% of what's left is the wishy washiness on the staff. too much turnover, too early on. hurts consistency and was part of the issue in recruiting offensive skill players.....

the other 5% goes to pruitt himself for seemingly do a 180 on what he presented himself as being an aggressive, players first coach...where's the guy that faked punts, did on side kicks, goes for it on 4th down, or gets emotional after the UGA game in 2018? now we get the guy that doesn't know when to kick a FG down 2 scores in the 4th and says it was too far away to do it??? or keeps force feeding "best chance to win"?

i don't think he's getting fired, and siap, i'm just kinda over the whole fire him/keep him debate. either way at this point, i see valid reasons to take either course of action. and either way, we're still 2-3 years away from being a competitor again in this league....

regardless of all that, we need a stable qb situation...and we need consistency on the staff. so i think we see another rash of changes this off season, but man, at this point, this next round of changes needs to stick......and pay off.....

pond or pool.

Agreed, I do think maybe Felton and neidermeyer and not developing the line backers the the level their predecessors did. I do believe that's been big difference. Also think dline took a step back in playing on the other side of the ball this year under brumbaugh. Saw flashes against arky we were being more physical and attacking. Do belief mostly jg, and staff turnover. Curious to see what he does with some of the coaches. Jury still out on strength and conditioning program

Agreed, I do think maybe Felton and neidermeyer and not developing the line backers the the level their predecessors did. I do believe that's been big difference. Also think dline took a step back in playing on the other side of the ball this year under brumbaugh. Saw flashes against arky we were being more physical and attacking. Do belief mostly jg, and staff turnover. Curious to see what he does with some of the coaches. Jury still out on strength and conditioning program
this is probably the wrong thread for this particular discussion, but yeah, i pretty much agree. felton, Nieds, brumbaugh, ansley and pruitt were defensive coaches. offense we have chaney, osovet, friend, Grahm, martin, weinke....i think that's all of the asst's?

anyway, brumbaugh is out. i haven't seen anyhting that says felton is an upgrade yet. Nieds is the recruiter, but i don't know that he's doing great coaching that position either. ansley has DB's and i think we know we struggle there. Weinke is the QB coach, well documented the issues there. i can't for the life of me figure out why/how we're not LIGHT years better on the o line at this point......so does that mean friend is a problem? i think the WR's have played well. i think the RB's have played well, despite complaints on 1st contact issues. TE's...we just don't have any lol.

personnel decisions (time to play younger guys and solve, and by solve i mean just don't play JG, the QB issue) and staff turnover (especially on defense) seem to be the two things needing addressed to me.....

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL

pond or pool.

Dude, great post... required reading for vol fans.

VN Store

Back