Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out on something...Iā€™ve been thinking about our last three coaches and how it is so similar that itā€™s scary, how they all three reach a point and it seems like they want out so bad and are willing to tank the program to get their buyout money and leave. The biggest head scratcher of all three is Pruitt coming off an eight game winning streak, and completely imploding. It just doesnā€™t make sense. Dooleyā€¦ That made sense. He never had any success here. However, Butch did have some success, but he had an exit strategy coming off back to back 9-4 seasons. Why? I donā€™t understand why did he want out. We say because the job was too big for him. Iā€™m starting to wonder if it wasnā€™t as much that, as all three see the writing on the wall. They think they can get everybody rowing in the same direction, they start making some headway, but then something happens, and they realize they cannot be as successful as they were promised, because they canā€™t get all of the support that they need. Pruitt got a lot more support, but based on what a V said, heā€™s not getting the full support he needs in order to pull this program out of the dumpster. So what is he going to do? Find a way out and leave like everyone else has. I think that is why @Atlanta VOL has said it wonā€™t matter who we hire, if EVERYONE isnā€™t all in with full support. Something is scaring these coaches away when they seem like they are on the precipice of getting over the hump and starting to win big. Iā€™m not sure exactly what it is, but itā€™s something. I think that is what AV is alluding to. I think this is where the power faction who is not in control is trying to sabotage the program so that their money is needed which gives them more power. Just some thoughts

Edit: Sorry I had to finish editing the rest of this as I accidentally hit the post button.
What is the vague ā€œsupportā€ that CJP isnā€™t getting? From the outside looking in, I donā€™t have a clue what that might be, but AV liked your post.

What is the vague ā€œsupportā€ that CJP isnā€™t getting? From the outside looking in, I donā€™t have a clue what that might be, but AV liked your post.
Nobody knows for sure who was, but Chaney wasn't Freezes first choice. Rumors are higher ups nixed Freeze for OC when Pruitt was hired.

Pruitt is not getting fired this year.
He will get a new OC and a new offense.
He better choose wisely.

BTW, no one has talked about this, but I think Pruitt took over defensive play calling in 4th quarter against Arkansas. We were more aggressive. Pruitt needs to be calling the defense, he should have never let Ansley call the defense. Pruitt is an elite DC, he needs to coach to his strength.

If Freeze is not a sure thing (20000% sure IMO), does Osovet get promoted again?

I did notice the defense looked better in the fourth quarter. I mentioned it during the game, I though the offense was bad enough Pruitt had fired Ansley at halftime.

Reactions: Specks
@HankHill i know all the talk is on freeze but if a change is made and freeze doesnā€™t happen I am curious your thoughts about this.
Thereā€™s probably 50 coaches out there that could do great things here. We have everything we need here and the money to get it if we donā€™t. Itā€™s about picking the right guy and staff as a whole. I have no problem taking a chance on a small school guy but if we do i donā€™t want us or our admin to pressure them in using our budget to bring in a ā€œhigh profile staffā€. Bring the guys they are comfortable with even if itā€™s their entire staff. I think itā€™s been really since Kiffin since weā€™ve had a staff that was just completely bought in together. I think butches initial staff had it a little but the stage got to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back