'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Arkansas Pregame/Game Thread

I'm watching a true freshman QB play for the #1 team in the country and no "kid gloves" on him. They are letting him use his talents that earned him the scholarship and learning very quickly in a high pressure game. We continue to find excuses to protect our freshman QB. Big difference in the approach of the 2 programs, not to mention we are light years apart too. Coaching is a wonderful thing that we seem to be allergic to the last 10-15 years.

Basilio (TIFWIW) is saying that the money will be there if Pruitt goes 3-7.
This season is trashed at this point just like it was after the BYU loss last year. There isn't two more wins on our schedule. If you wait you just give him the opportunity to fool you again. Cut bait and be first in line for dinner instead of eating leftovers.

TN ranked 64th in total defense last year. That's pretty average. You can tell by the way he talks that he knows the technical side of the defense. Unfortunately, that's a small part of being a defensive coordinator. He's never had to coach lessor talented guys. He's failing miserably at doing that.

Georgia State didn’t help but Bituli and Thompson were out and against BYU.

I get it. People are upset. Just like with Butch, development has been a problem. But as fans, sometimes we let cloud our judgment. I truly believe he’s a good defensive coach. Maybe not head coach.

Georgia State didn’t help but Bituli and Thompson were out and against BYU.

I get it. People are upset. Just like with Butch, development has been a problem. But as fans, sometimes we let cloud our judgment. I truly believe he’s a good defensive coach. Maybe not head coach.
I'm not the least upset. I fully expected this. Go look at my prediction in this thread.

This is his third year. These are mostly his players. This defense can't stop anything. They're really not good at anything. You can't point to anything they do good. They don't pressure, they don't stop the run, they don't stop the pass. For a defensive minded head coach they are pretty pathetic. That's not emotion, that's fact.

Ok. It wasn’t that bad of a decision. There are other things to criticize higher on the list. It should have been PI anyway. Who cares.

It should have been PI but it was an awful decision. Would have been the easiest kick all night. It essentially killed the comeback.

Reactions: franklinpence
TN ranked 64th in total defense last year. That's pretty average. You can tell by the way he talks that he knows the technical side of the defense. Unfortunately, that's a small part of being a defensive coordinator. He's never had to coach lessor talented guys. He's failing miserably at doing that.
By what measure were we ranked 64th in defense in 2019? Total yards or total scoring, I see us top 30 or 20 in both.

Clemson backup QB fully capable of executing their offense. Why do ours look so so bad?

This staff doesn’t even let their 5th year starter run the whole offence. They used the same approach tonight as Kiffin used against Bama in his lone UT year. That UT team was way less talented and were playing Bama, not fooking Arkansas!

Last edited:
This season is trashed at this point just like it was after the BYU loss last year. There isn't two more wins on our schedule. If you wait you just give him the opportunity to fool you again. Cut bait and be first in line for dinner instead of eating leftovers.

With that being said I think HB needs to start every game from here on out.

VN Store

Back