'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Arkansas Pregame/Game Thread

It should have been PI but it was an awful decision. Would have been the easiest kick all night. It essentially killed the comeback.

No it didn’t. It’s not that bad of a decision. He’s been aggressive for 2 years and people eat it up.

What’s bad is that we were in that position in the first place.

Reactions: 2xVol and Devo182
Pruitt will get another year unless we go 2-8. If he recruits another top 10 class and goes to a bowl in 2021, he will get 2022. If recruiting falls way off and buy in stops, we have a new coach in 2021. Last year may have been a mirage but he better play youth and they better play hard. Need to compete all games and beat Vandy and keep a top 10 class. Better play Bailey

Pruitt will get another year unless we go 2-8. If he recruits another top 10 class and goes to a bowl in 2021, he will get 2022. If recruiting falls way off and buy in stops, we have a new coach in 2021. Last year may have been a mirage but he better play youth and they better play hard. Need to compete all games and beat Vandy and keep a top 10 class. Better play Bailey
RIP if he is given 22. The writing is on the wall now it isn't hard to see.

Reactions: Vols4us
Only shot he has. Recruiting is always the death toll. Despite his drawbacks fulmer understands this better than anyone

Wtf....are we running the same play over and over
Lol we ran 4 verticals while they were in 8 man coverage.

Chaney is trash.

Pruitt is a good dude.... but a trash HC.

Honestly was gonna say I hope Pruitt can prove me wrong but honestly I hope we lose every game from here on out and we hire Hugh Freeze as HC.

Stop hiring Saban assistants. Saban runs that team and every assistant looks great under him.

Pruitt is Dooley except he can recruit better. Butch was better than Pruitt clearly. He's going to tank this even further if they don't pull the plug now. Taggart only got 21 games at FSU and they knew it wasn't working.

So this hinges on beating Vandy? 3-7 is good enough ? We are Vandy.
I think the buy in has already stopped from the players and the fans.

No it didn’t. It’s not that bad of a decision. He’s been aggressive for 2 years and people eat it up.

What’s bad is that we were in that position in the first place.
Being aggressive is one thing, being smart is another. We needed 2 scores. Kick the field goal. We got the stop the next series and drove it to the 15 with “ a chance” to tie it up. That’s all you can ask for at that stage in the game. When we didn’t make it he essentially took us out of the game. We ended up using all the time remaining to score a touchdown and couldn’t. To be honest he had the chance again with about 20 seconds after the long completion to kick the field goal. There would have been 15 seconds left on the clock. Enough time to onside kick, quick pass out of bounds and Hail Mary.

Stop hiring Saban assistants. Saban runs that team and every assistant looks great under him.

Pruitt is Dooley except he can recruit better. Butch was better than Pruitt clearly. He's going to tank this even further if they don't pull the plug now. Taggart only got 21 games at FSU and they knew it wasn't working.

I tend to agree, however, I think you have to dig deeper than "stop hiring Saban assistants." Some assistants were there for a few years or less and have significant experience outside of Saban/Bama. They learn the system and take what they want to their next stop. Dools and Jeremy don't know anything else but to copy.

Locksley is clearly turning Maryland around. He was with Saban for 3 years. We would take Kiffin back in a heartbeat. Sarkisian was a HC at Washington and USC along with OC in the NFL. He's going to get another HC job and do well at it now that he has his life in order. He does his own plays in the passing game, but benefits from the talent. I tend to think he could attract the same talent.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
Being aggressive is one thing, being smart is another. We needed 2 scores. Kick the field goal. We got the stop the next series and drove it to the 15 with “ a chance” to tie it up. That’s all you can ask for at that stage in the game. When we didn’t make it he essentially took us out of the game. We ended up using all the time remaining to score a touchdown and couldn’t. To be honest he had the chance again with about 20 seconds after the long completion to kick the field goal. There would have been 15 seconds left on the clock. Enough time to onside kick, quick pass out of bounds and Hail Mary.

I agree. In a addition to Cimaglia making two longer ones earlier, the game situation dictated kick the FG. The odds were against a 4th down conversion because of the inexperience at QB as well as the clock situation.. That whole drive they just ran the ball. They gave HB no chance to be a real QB. That last drive could have meant something for the team and HB if Jeremy would have gotten his head out of his arse.

Give HB the ball and open the offense. The season is totally shot anyway. The O-line will do a decent job protecting him. Max protect more, run the ball, and open it up for a real QB to become a real SEC QB instead of the BS we have seen since Dobbs, who had his own passing issues, was here.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol

VN Store

Back