Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

Poll: Are you done with Pruitt?

• Yes

Votes: 361 34.5%
  • No

Votes: 688 65.8%

• Total voters
The fact that even after losing at home to UK 34-7, that 59% of us (myself included ) voted "no" should say a lot. Give the man at least a season where he's able to field a team consisting of 4 of his own recruiting classes. So far he only has 2 "true" classes of his own. It's no wonder that Georgia and a 8-year coach in Stoops at Kentucky beat us.
Compare the roster Butch had in year 3 to this one. 2015 team was superior in all aspects accept maybe OL and DL.

That’s concerning.

The only way to get experience is too play. You play the guy with the highest ceiling at this point. Shrout makes some bad throws but get's taken out after the first mistake, he deserves more time we have seen enough of JG that everyone knows his limitations. No doubt Bailey has highest ceiling, and no doubt we have to get him reps this year, nobody loses a year this year so we for sure need to get him live reps. Playing JG makes no sense at this point. It's time to let the other qb's play, the don't need to press just let the game come to them but they need to be given honest chances. Hell, JG has had more then enough of them. GBO!

Makes perfect sense to me, throw Harrison Bailey out there, he can still be red-shirted. JG has PTSD and needs to just sit down.

Reactions: lifeVol
Starting JG this weekend has put the first nail in the coffin. It is becoming worrisome that we don't have anyone who can start other than JG. His history in games is not important. Staring down receivers isn't important. Consistently throwing the ball late isn't important. The only thing important to this staff (or maybe just CJP) is that he practices well. SMDH

Not really. Does it suck to lose the 3 games in blow out fashion? Yeah. Although if you look around he is not the only coach that is having to ride with a kid that isnt exactly what he nor the fans want in a QB. Heck look at UGA. While Bennett has a great story line. He is no where close to being an SEC QB. Although Kirby is much the same as Pruitt as he only has so many options.

Not really. Does it suck to lose the 3 games in blow out fashion? Yeah. Although if you look around he is not the only coach that is having to ride with a kid that isnt exactly what he nor the fans want in a QB. Heck look at UGA. While Bennett has a great story line. He is no where close to being an SEC QB. Although Kirby is much the same as Pruitt as he only has so many options.
And this is exactly the reason why neither team will be putting any new hardware in the trophy case this year. QB is destroying the soul of our team and our fans so just focus on the future, execute limited plays very well, and write this season off.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
And this is exactly the reason why neither team will be putting any new hardware in the trophy case this year. QB is destroying the soul of our team and our fans so just focus on the future, execute limited plays very well, and write this season off.
Then why keep trotting JG out there? If you're writing off the season, you put in HB or BM or both and let them get the experience for next year. What worries me is that Pruitt seems to think that we can have a winning season by using the same formula that resulted in 3 blowouts. He's pushing every other position group to "be the best" except the QB position. He seems content to let JG continue to flounder...and with him the team.

No.

Because all he has to do is keep JG on the bench.

Thats it.

JG is the sole reason we lost to KY. The sole reason we lost to BYU and GA State.

Pruitts fault for playing him, but this team runs well and all trajectory is positive until JG himself goes rogue, throws into triple coverage, stares his receiver down into an interception and falls apart.

You guys saw how the defense was crushing them at the beginning right?

You saw how we were running on them quite effortlessly and when JG had good throws we moved right down the field on them.

I hear all the issues with Chaney, defending slant routes, rbs not breaking tackles, etc... but those are things you can actually get better at and are normal issues to deal with.

Without JG completely falling apart in a way only he can, we probably dominate that team. Its clear as day.

It is an indictment on Pruitt that he played JG. That he never went out and made sure he got somebody better in the transfer market. But JG teased him just enough. JG was suppose to manage us into a decent record. He was on his way to doing that after the first two and a half games. I thought he maybe got over his ability to completely fall apart. Pruitt bet on that and lost big time.

This is maybe a blessing in disguise for everybody involved though, take JG out for good and play for the future. For all we know somebody will be better! Maurer was basically better for a stretch last year. Its not impossible. Unless you're Georgia, our offensive line can open up holes in the running game.

One of those guys can take over the same game plan that was suppose to dominate KY and not throw two pick 6's and fumble in one quarter.

Why in the he double LL can't CJP see that ? It's mystifying .... it truly is

Reactions: Chippo
Starting JG this weekend has put the first nail in the coffin. It is becoming worrisome that we don't have anyone who can start other than JG. His history in games is not important. Staring down receivers isn't important. Consistently throwing the ball late isn't important. The only thing important to this staff (or maybe just CJP) is that he practices well. SMDH
I keep saying, I wish JG would practice like he plays, that would solve some problems.

I still support Pruitt, but if he doesn't show a steady improvement after JG is gone we've got problems.

Yeah, but we all know that ain't happening. I'll give him one more chance next year to show me something.
I do think JG's leash is shorter now because Maurer is more ready now.

Best case scenario, JG throws a horrible pick and has a horrible fumble early that doesn't cost us points and forces Pruitt to put Brian in there.

Maybe somebody could hide JG's helmet idk.

I do think JG's leash is shorter now because Maurer is more ready now.

Best case scenario, JG throws a horrible pick and has a horrible fumble early that doesn't cost us points and forces Pruitt to put Brian in there.

Maybe somebody could hide JG's helmet idk.
I hear you, but we all know that also ain't happening. Best case scenario is JG plays his best football the remaining games and we start over next year fresh. We're not going to see another qb this year in a game until its waaaaay too late in said game or just for one series to hand the ball off. It's just the way it is.

I hear you, but we all know that also ain't happening. Best case scenario is JG plays his best football the remaining games and we start over next year fresh. We're not going to see another qb this year in a game until its waaaaay too late in said game or just for one series to hand the ball off. It's just the way it is.
No I think if JG really blows it again Pruitt will be more willing to bench him.

He benched him last year for Maurer. Now Maurer is healthy and has a few weeks of practice under his belt. Looked pretty good in very limited time against bammer. I think he could go in and has a shot to hang onto it.

Pruitt has shown nothing in almost 3yrs. He wins some of the cupcake games and gets a raise!! I never thought being the bottom of the SEC would be ok for Vol fans! Pack your bags meathead and hit the road!!!

No I think if JG really blows it again Pruitt will be more willing to bench him.

He benched him last year for Maurer. Now Maurer is healthy and has a few weeks of practice under his belt. Looked pretty good in very limited time against bammer. I think he could go in and has a shot to hang onto it.
Meh, maybe. I have my doubts. I'd expect a brief series or two maybe if JG stinks it up, but Pruitt will yank Mauer or Bailey the first sign of imperfection and JG is back in. That's going to be the recipe the rest of the season. It is possible Mauer or Bailey really crushes it and gets to stay in, but I doubt it. Usually a new qb needs some time to get settled in to show consistency.

Meh, maybe. I have my doubts. I'd expect a brief series or two maybe if JG stinks it up, but Pruitt will yank Mauer or Bailey the first sign of imperfection and JG is back in. That's going to be the recipe the rest of the season. It is possible Mauer or Bailey really crushes it and gets to stay in, but I doubt it. Usually a new qb needs some time to get settled in to show consistency.
Well I mean, Maurer won the starting job last year so, as negative as things have been around here and its hard to think positive at all, history repeats itself...

VN Store

Back