Is this program a dumpster fire right now?

Man not trying to start a fight but what does starting these threads add? Yeah we're the worst let's not even show up and try to play next week
I agree, but I also get needing to vent. It sucks to suck, have hope for a better qb, get scolded on here because "a freshman isn't ready", yet watch freshman qbs every week look years ahead of our 5th year senior.

I agree, but I also get needing to vent. It sucks to suck, have hope for a better qb, get scolded on here because "a freshman isn't ready", yet watch freshman qbs every week look years ahead of our 5th year senior.
Definitely not Defending JG I'm as ready for Bailey as anybody. But I also get Bailey isn't ready because of Covid canceling Spring practice and Bailey having to sit through all of fall camp because of contact tracing. That's not on the coaches. If Bailey doesn't take the job off this bye week I'll be more disappointed in the staff. 2 weeks should be enough to get him ready to start against Arkansas

Everyone reaches their breaking point, and sometimes you just need a platform to get it out. Sounds like the OP has gotten to his and I'm probably as close as I've ever been, too.

There are tons of crappy teams . . . anyone be a crappy team. The fact is, the whole of UT athletics now has now produced one full generation of less than mediocre results with some impressive momentum to produce a second. I think the OP, like so many of us, is just disgusted by it.

Definitely not Defending JG I'm as ready for Bailey as anybody. But I also get Bailey isn't ready because of Covid canceling Spring practice and Bailey having to sit through all of fall camp because of contact tracing. That's not on the coaches. If Bailey doesn't take the job off this bye week I'll be more disappointed in the staff. 2 weeks should be enough to get him ready to start against Arkansas

How come UGA had no problem getting a walk on ready and UF had no problem getting a 2* backup HS QB ready, but our early enrollee 5* isnt ready and its November...(not to mention our 4* 5th year senior)

How come UGA had no problem getting a walk on ready, and UF had no problem getting a 2* backup HS QB ready, but our early enrollee 5* isnt ready and its November...(not to mention our 4* 5th year senior)
Calm down Big O; common sense need not apply in the forums. Funny Kyle Trask came in for Florida after Franks went down, having never started a high school game, and now look at the kid.

The UT program is average at best right now.

Guess what................ So is FSU, Michigan, Texas, Nebraska, Miami, USC, (or even less than average right now.)

why do you, or myself think, that UT "deserves" to be a national contender?
Scholarship limitations, access to TV, Conferance TV money, BCS, CFP, Conference Championship Games..................It has all added up to much more equality in all FBS and some FCS teams. The really good rich get better. The bad get a little better, and the average stay pat.

1989-2004 aint' coming back soon.

Last edited:
No, absolutely not, however, the UK game was the huge disappointment and a clear example of why you need to be prepared for each and every opponent each and every week. You also need on the field leadership, motivation and excitement. I would have accepted 3-2 at this point... but that UK effort???

So the Arky game... biggest concern is how Arky was so balanced on offense. IMO it will take 32 points to win that game; not something I am seeing from us.

Dumpster fire 🔥 is a short term fire that can easily be put out.
We have been more of a perpetual brush fire that slowly continues to burn depending on which way the wind is blowing.
If you really think about it we've never really had a great coach as in a Saban, Meyer, Carroll, etc....
Not since Neyland in the 50s.
Great as in wins multiple NCs
Kiffin was the only coach we've had that I believe if he would have stayed would already have us competing for a playoff spot.
I say go get him.

How come UGA had no problem getting a walk on ready and UF had no problem getting a 2* backup HS QB ready, but our early enrollee 5* isnt ready and its November...(not to mention our 4* 5th year senior)

Stop it. You know the answer. Only the Vols had to deal with COVID 19. Everyone else had full springs and fall practice to get their QB ready. And disregard the fact that a walk-on QB at GA plays lights out compared to UT’s 4 star 5th year senior playing his 4th year at QB. It’s not because the GA QB benefits from better coaching or that JG sucks.

This whole season is crazy. Miss st beats LSU and some Think we missed on Leach. They have been terrible since. Ole Miss looks great against Bama. Some say we need Kiffin but they are 2-4. Schiano wins at Michigan St and I saw people think we missed there only to see them lose to Indiana. UNC was top ten and lost to FSU and Virginia. LSU can’t win and Cincinnati is considered top 10. How can Jim harbaugh have Stanford rolling then take the 49ers deep into the playoffs but can’t win any game that counts at Michigan. Clemson is still ranked #1 but I can’t see how they would have a chance to stop Bamas offense.

this whole season has been a Dumpster fire for a lot of teams and I believe coaching is a part of it but I also put a ton of it on the players. i Think a lot of the players put more energy into protesting and also partying instead of preparing themselve.

Problem is, Pruitt will trot JG back out there every time.

VN Store

Back