WRs don't get any separation

Yeah... That's about all you've got.... close your eyes now and say, "nananananananannananannananah"

There is ample proof from the last 4 seasons of everything I wrote. Just open your eyes and accept the truth.

I don't even want it to be true. I would much rather UT's 5th year Sr be shredding the SEC for 400 ypg with 3 or 4 TD's per game. Instead, UT's 5th year Sr is no better than lower half in any meaningful performance measure. I don't blame him. I think he's worked hard. I think he's improved as much as he can within his natural ability. He's simply too limited.

Mine was about separation, the receivers on this team.... I have said, repeatedly, it all has to work together, plenty of blame to go around, people can put it all on one player, one coach, fine by me. Oh yeah, compared to the guys you bring up, so far, I ain’t seen it.
QB has to deliver on time and on target. Separation doesn't last very long. DB's react.

I can't be the only one who noticed this.. It's not all on JG. The only receiver getting any separation is Hyatt. Not even Palmer is able to get much separation without a push off. If we don't have a laser accurate QB (which he isn't) then it's going to be a constant struggle to make completions. Either WRs don't get open or the line doesn't give him time. I don't think it matters who we put back there. I think this team has fatal flaws that are being exposed and no amount of coaching is going to fix that.

Then of course on the rare occasions that they do get open, JG completely misses the mark like 30% of the time or makes some stupid read to a check down or stares down the receiver all the way. No coach can with win these traits in the SEC. The QB lacks intangibles (like look-offs), the WRs lack speed and the line lacks toughness. None of these can really be coached.

Good news is defensive speed is better but still a little lacking in secondary. Also no premier pass rusher hurts a lot (this is on Pruitt).

It's called strength and speed. Which we dont have alot of strength after last years group. This is why we need Hyatt, wideman, and holiday to get snaps because speed will create separation. Those are 2 biggest combatants.

Hyatt, Holliday, Wideman, Calloway...suspect they might offer a bit more separation if given the chance.

S&C

“Wideouts must be able to master wide range of skills—catching passes under duress, reading defenses, creating separation from cornerbacks—and that preparation starts in the gym...”

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/...-exercises-build-speed-and-explosive-ability/

I can't be the only one who noticed this.. It's not all on JG. The only receiver getting any separation is Hyatt. Not even Palmer is able to get much separation without a push off. If we don't have a laser accurate QB (which he isn't) then it's going to be a constant struggle to make completions. Either WRs don't get open or the line doesn't give him time. I don't think it matters who we put back there. I think this team has fatal flaws that are being exposed and no amount of coaching is going to fix that.

Then of course on the rare occasions that they do get open, JG completely misses the mark like 30% of the time or makes some stupid read to a check down or stares down the receiver all the way. No coach can with win these traits in the SEC. The QB lacks intangibles (like look-offs), the WRs lack speed and the line lacks toughness. None of these can really be coached.

Good news is defensive speed is better but still a little lacking in secondary. Also no premier pass rusher hurts a lot (this is on Pruitt).

Mine was about separation, the receivers on this team.... I have said, repeatedly, it all has to work together, plenty of blame to go around, people can put it all on one player, one coach, fine by me. Oh yeah, compared to the guys you bring up, so far, I ain’t seen it.

Any wr who makes it to nfl even if on a scouting team, are very good college wr. Callaway did have a very good game last week look it up. And I was meaning jg had them last year. And we have some good ones this year as well. Just need a different offensive scheme, and we are not going to get that with jg

the tale of a respected leader and winner.

watch JG on the sidelines after a mistake

he is usually standing alone sulking and mired in self-loathing

most successful QB's take responsibility and try to pump their teammates up and say something like "we'll get'em next series, we got this"

anyone watch Matt Ryan last night react like a leader on the sidelines last night after his mistakes and keep his team motivated

JG is not the guy to lead and the coaches will hopefully install (2) new QB's into the system going forward

this has to be done

this continued discussion is way past old and the time is NOW

Have to agree. Leaders say "I screwed up" and "WE got this; let's go I won't make the same mistake!"

Reactions: HalfullVol
I agree with @sjt18. You don’t have much of an argument if all you can say is “BS”. Debate over, you lose!

OK I will type real slow so maybe you and sjt18 can understand. If a receiver jukes a DB and gets say 3 yards separation , that gap will not close unless A--the receiver is very slow or B the DB is very fast.
Please let your slow mind realize the QB has nothing to do with A or B. Peyton Manning can not make anybody run faster. Or a shorter response is BS

OK I will type real slow so maybe you and sjt18 can understand. If a receiver jukes a DB and gets say 3 yards separation , that gap will not close unless A--the receiver is very slow or B the DB is very fast.
Please let your slow mind realize the QB has nothing to do with A or B. Peyton Manning can not make anybody run faster. Or a shorter response is BS
The timing of the throw has everything to do with a receiver being open or if the DB closes the distance if the throw is late. Are you really that dumb ?

WR won't always get separation. Often time the QB has to throw them open. If you notice, the majority of passes JG completes are to only completely open receivers. His ability to throw to WR in stride and on slant routes are horrendous. Of course, this is just my opinion. It also explains why he holds the ball for so long. When he does try and make passes in tight coverage, they are usually behind the receiver, and It seems as though WR always has to adjust to his throws. Typically resulting in an incompletion or tackled at the point of completion. Unless we are playing KY, then those passes are pick-six.

Reactions: GoVols64
You ain’t the only one OP, I been saying that all year, they ain’t helping the QB position much. This used to be WR U.

We haven’t had WRs that can get separation on a consistent basis since Hunter. I mean when was the last time we had a WR that can just blow by DBs? Some want to lay all the blame on JG. That’s convenient BS. He definitely deserves plenty of blame but WRs have done little to help.

WR won't always get separation. Often time the QB has to throw them open. If you notice, the majority of passes JG completes are to only completely open receivers. His ability to throw to WR in stride and on slant routes are horrendous. Of course, this is just my opinion. It also explains why he holds the ball for so long. When he does try and make passes in tight coverage, they are usually behind the receiver, and It seems as though WR always has to adjust to his throws. Typically resulting in an incompletion or tackled at the point of completion. Unless we are playing KY, then those passes are pick-six.

You are right they don’t always get separation but the really good ones do more often than not. Take LSU last year. I remember seeing highlights where Chase and Jefferson were making DBs look dumb. Bama and UGA WRs blow by DBs. Yes the QB had to throw them open as well. But really good WRs get separation on a consistent basis.

You are right they don’t always get separation but the really good ones do more often than not. Take LSU last year. I remember seeing highlights where Chase and Jefferson were making DBs look dumb. Bama and UGA WRs blow by DBs. Yes the QB had to throw them open as well. But really good WRs get separation on a consistent basis.
Also, how many times did you witness Joe Burrow slide in the pocket to buy his receivers time to get open? A big difference in QB play. Are you saying Calloway and JJ were subpar receivers, imagine if Burrow were throwing to them?

VN Store

Back