Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really comparing this kid to talent level in New Jersey?!??....šŸ‘€šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ oh man!!...the south got sumin to say about that
AP talked on last PC about how they all got to see JG throw his SR year. Kid made all the throws, paraphrasing...they had the ranking right. It's between the ears.

AP talked on last PC about how they all got to see JG throw his SR year. Kid made all the throws, paraphrasing...they had the ranking right. It's between the ears.

Highlights and stats are two different things!..one is talked about for roughly a month.while the other follows you throughout your career...Iā€™m sure you can pick which one is actually the foundation thatā€™s built up to whatā€™s not changed at all..

Highlights and stats are two different things!..one is talked about for roughly a month.while the other follows you throughout your career...Iā€™m sure you can pick which one is actually the foundation thatā€™s built up to whatā€™s not changed at all..
I'm not defending JG, man. Do you need me to throw some barbs in there? I get it, he's not very good.

Simply trying to have a discussion on how you go from that crazy good film/ranking, to this. It's soo Tennessee.

Fwiw, Salter looks the real deal.

JG played against the best of the best in NJ which is pretty damn good. Lots of top level players from up there
I've heard of NJ being a mecca of HS football, esp at the private school level. I think we had a Dlineman and WR out of there back in 2000's, and that's about it.

Iā€™ll always be a VFL, but I donā€™t think we are gonna turn the corner for a long time.

We suffered through Dooley, Jones and now it doesnā€™t look much better with CP.

The lack of Development is astounding. Iā€™ve watched several other games today and see other kids showing improvement and we look lost on most plays.

Had a lil watch party at my place for the game and had several VFLs over and we all just looked stumped as to what is going on.

Our offense is so easy to defend. Itā€™s almost JV level. No creativity, no discipline, no consistency. Play calling has been limited to the point that itā€™s hamstringing us. QB play is just awful. No down the seam shots and even when we do they are thrown 6-8 ft over the WRs heads.

Iā€™m at a lost.

The back 7 are completely lost on too many pass plays. They don't seem to know who to cover if they are in a man which leads to somebody being wide open.

Also, how many plays on O do we have an untouched defensive player coming through. Much of the time is not even from a blitz but just an unblocked lineman.

I get making some mistakes, but in general it is the upperclassman doing it which is even more surprising. I didn't think we would beat bama, but I did think we would at least be competitive. Feels like all the other bad years.

I'm not defending JG, man. Do you need me to throw some barbs in there? I get it, he's not very good.

Simply trying to have a discussion on how you go from that crazy good film/ranking, to this. It's soo Tennessee.

Fwiw, Salter looks the real deal.

Bro cut me some ******* slack ok...Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not a blue font champion but when you have these lovely folks @MarcoVol @BruinVol @Devo182 who paint him as the next Peyton manning but loses to many Memphisā€™s over 4 years you tend to get PTSD..you could have atleast just said ā€œhey man Iā€™m pulling your chaney!..this guy is absolute assā€ at that point we could have justšŸ‘‡šŸ½šŸ‘‡šŸ½

1603977639445.gif

Bro cut me some ******* slack ok...Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not a blue font champion but when you have these lovely folks @MarcoVol @BruinVol @Devo182 who paint him as the next Peyton manning but loses to many Memphisā€™s over 4 years you tend to get PTSD..you could have atleast just said ā€œhey man Iā€™m pulling your chaney!..this guy is absolute assā€ at that point we could have justšŸ‘‡šŸ½šŸ‘‡šŸ½

View attachment 318803
E7CE7C93-28D9-40AB-A6E5-7F23AAA06101.gif

View attachment 318803
I wish the guy nothing but success. And, I truly believe that JG will 100% be successful at whatever he chooses, honestly with his charisma, and bravado coupled with the determination it takes to wade through that minefield - he may be a CEO of some place.

Dude shoulda gone in the Corps, or, played baseball.

I wish the guy nothing but success. And, I truly believe that JG will 100% be successful at whatever he chooses, honestly with his charisma, and bravado coupled with the determination it takes to wade through that minefield - he may be a CEO of some place.

Dude shoulda gone in the Corps, or, played baseball.

Man Iā€™m honestly just trying to figure out how you went from a CEO position to the corps...weā€™re you there screen writer for the ā€œhangoverā€ by any chance šŸ‘€šŸ˜… non the less beautiful story.bro šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll always be a VFL, but I donā€™t think we are gonna turn the corner for a long time.

We suffered through Dooley, Jones and now it doesnā€™t look much better with CP.

The lack of Development is astounding. Iā€™ve watched several other games today and see other kids showing improvement and we look lost on most plays.

Had a lil watch party at my place for the game and had several VFLs over and we all just looked stumped as to what is going on.

Our offense is so easy to defend. Itā€™s almost JV level. No creativity, no discipline, no consistency. Play calling has been limited to the point that itā€™s hamstringing us. QB play is just awful. No down the seam shots and even when we do they are thrown 6-8 ft over the WRs heads.

Iā€™m at a lost.

Good post. Iā€™m frustrated as well on the regression in development. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s due to UTā€™s draconian COVID-19 restrictions.

Iā€™ve been wondering if the DEF scheme is too complicatedā€”thereā€™s no reason for the secondary to be as lost as it is. Thereā€™s not much we can do in offense with JGā€”his lack of touch, accuracy, and awareness is going to hamstring us until heā€™s gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back