Nuclear Option: Peyton Manning as Head Coach.

Then what is your solution? You think your snide negativity is going to have any fix/solution for us? This type of BS comment will be the thing that keeps us a Vanderbilt tier football program.

That was just a weird reply. Xanax, bro?

And you think this type of comment helps to make it happen? Seriously consider it. What do we have to lose at this point?

We’re never going to be able bring in a Saban. And we’ve proven disastrous results with our last 4 coaches:

Kiffin
Dooley
Jones
Pruitt

This is where we’re at right now.
Got some news for you: The fans aren't going to be a factor as to who we hire as our next coach

Reactions: tnutater
What makes you think that he’d be a good coach?

Has there ever been a player with a reputation for being a complete acolyte of the game of football? That’s what made Peyton—PEYTON.

His checkdowns/audibles and understanding what defenses were doing and making adjustments from the line as a QB is the secret sauce that made Peyton an ELITE player.

If that doesn’t translate to coaching....I don’t know what else would.

How about charisma? Is there a more charismatic figure in all of football than Peyton. Should translate to football recruiting. Finally—what else do we have to lose at this point?

At this point—we have to court him. I think we have nothing left to lose at this point.

Get the fan base clamoring for it, and the administration will consider it, and we can make it a reality.

And when the fan base clamors for him to be fired?

Peyton Manning bleeds orange. He’s still a guy that kids playing now/recruits watched growing up.

There’s no way Peyton is not thinking about getting involved watching his beloved Alma mater flounder the way we have been.

I know Scott Frost at Nebraska and Harbaugh at Michigan haven’t been immediate successes—but I am very confident both of those men are going to get their Alma maters back to where they should be.

I think Michigan might win the Big Ten this year. And I think Frost is going to have Nebraska competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Peyton is a football genius. He’s known for knowing what is going to happen before anyone else on the field did. He is a gamer/strategist on the field, and I believe that will translate to coaching success.

He’s got the charisma and the ability to bring in elite staff.

Now is the time to start seriously considering getting Peyton in orange as the face of this program.

I think he will end up restoring Tennessee football and making us elite again.
We need a limit on how many threads people here less than a month can start.

You are on a roll. I will give you that. Nothing makes sense but you are passionate at least.

Peyton doesn’t need the money or hassle of recruiting 24/7, not to mention he is already beloved by the entire fan base. Why risk that by being blown out by Florida? Gruden has a better chance of coaching here than Peyton, which is basically saying it will NEVER happen.

We need a limit on how many threads people here less than a month can start.

You are on a roll. I will give you that. Nothing makes sense but you are passionate at least.

Nothing makes sense? So what’s your solution? Do you not see how it is? Should we wait for all the kids who saw Peyton as a player completely pass the cutoff to be recruited? Or do you take a chance and strike while the iron is hot.

I’m not seeing ANY innovative thinking from anyone in this thread. If there are superior options—I’m all ears. But I think we seriously need to consider making this happen AS THE ONE realistic shot we have as a program to come back.

We’re not bringing in a Saban. Or a Meyer. Or a Dabo.

Peyton doesn’t need the money or hassle of recruiting 24/7, not to mention he is already beloved by the entire fan base. Why risk that by being blown out by Florida? Gruden has a better chance of coaching here than Peyton, which is basically saying it will NEVER happen.

Oh I don’t know...maybe because his beloved Alma mater has become the biggest joke in the SEC. we’re no longer Tennessee football.

Maybe that reality isn’t hitting you yet.

But we have become Vanderbilt. Teams come to Knoxville expecting a win (or to have one of their best players get hurt on our field) and that’s about it.

There haven’t been any other innovative solutions offered except maybe Jon Gruden’s wife being able to withhold sex until he comes to coach. And that didn’t work out. It’s time to think outside the box lest we stay a doormat for the rest of our lives.

Nothing makes sense? So what’s your solution? Do you not see how it is? Should we wait for all the kids who saw Peyton as a player completely pass the cutoff to be recruited? Or do you take a chance and strike while the iron is hot.

I’m not seeing ANY innovative thinking from anyone in this thread. If there are superior options—I’m all ears. But I think we seriously need to consider making this happen AS THE ONE realistic shot we have as a program to come back.

We’re not bringing in a Saban. Or a Meyer. Or a Dabo.
Yes there are plenty of superior options. You know the people who have actually coached before.....

Well now we have a ridiculous Peyton For Coach thread. The only thing left is for somebody to start a Gruden Watch thread and the idiocy will be complete. Will you people never learn? Peyton will be an NFL owner or in executive mgmt before he would ever be a college coach. He has no need for that mess in his life. Too many more attractive things to do with a lot fewer headaches.

Peyton Manning bleeds orange. He’s still a guy that kids playing now/recruits watched growing up.

There’s no way Peyton is not thinking about getting involved watching his beloved Alma mater flounder the way we have been.

I know Scott Frost at Nebraska and Harbaugh at Michigan haven’t been immediate successes—but I am very confident both of those men are going to get their Alma maters back to where they should be.

I think Michigan might win the Big Ten this year. And I think Frost is going to have Nebraska competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Peyton is a football genius. He’s known for knowing what is going to happen before anyone else on the field did. He is a gamer/strategist on the field, and I believe that will translate to coaching success.

He’s got the charisma and the ability to bring in elite staff.

Now is the time to start seriously considering getting Peyton in orange as the face of this program.

I think he will end up restoring Tennessee football and making us elite again.

90624DD1-26AF-4D59-8417-E2E242FE462C.jpeg

Peyton has gone on record as stating that IF he ever got the itch to coach it would be as a QB coach or offensive coordinator as he never would want the responsibility of being a head coach.

Just think about it for a second, the man is a perfectionist and it would be very hard or next to impossible to match him in film study and dedication to the position or the offense and he is smart enough to realize that without having to do or try to do the job.

He has that rare ability to check his ego and make rational decisions.

I think once Peyton has an itch to do something it will be in the broadcast booth or in ownership of an NFL team.

1. We don't need a new head coach. We have one. Impatience of some in the fan base, be damned.

2. Peyton will never coach college football. He's pretty much said that, more than once. He loves the Volunteer nation too much to ever risk them hating him. And yes, he has said that, too.

So other than those two points, great idea, OP.

VN Store

Back