Nuclear Option: Peyton Manning as Head Coach.

WhenUrVolUrVFL

Peyton Manning bleeds orange. He’s still a guy that kids playing now/recruits watched growing up.

There’s no way Peyton is not thinking about getting involved watching his beloved Alma mater flounder the way we have been.

I know Scott Frost at Nebraska and Harbaugh at Michigan haven’t been immediate successes—but I am very confident both of those men are going to get their Alma maters back to where they should be.

I think Michigan might win the Big Ten this year. And I think Frost is going to have Nebraska competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Peyton is a football genius. He’s known for knowing what is going to happen before anyone else on the field did. He is a gamer/strategist on the field, and I believe that will translate to coaching success.

He’s got the charisma and the ability to bring in elite staff.

Now is the time to start seriously considering getting Peyton in orange as the face of this program.

I think he will end up restoring Tennessee football and making us elite again.

ummm, has he ever expressed interest in being a HC before?

At this point—we have to court him. I think we have nothing left to lose at this point.

Get the fan base clamoring for it, and the administration will consider it, and we can make it a reality.

Reactions: hexnut
Peyton doesn’t deserve our fan base . Don’t know why he would do that to himself.
The first loss would be “He couldn’t even beat Florida...”
“You know Peyton didn’t have a good track record in big games in the pros” (which is a false narrative)

No thanks. I don't want to have to hate Peyton, too.

Then what is your solution? You think your snide negativity is going to have any fix/solution for us? This type of BS comment will be the thing that keeps us a Vanderbilt tier football program.

Peyton Manning bleeds orange. He’s still a guy that kids playing now/recruits watched growing up.

There’s no way Peyton is not thinking about getting involved watching his beloved Alma mater flounder the way we have been.

I know Scott Frost at Nebraska and Harbaugh at Michigan haven’t been immediate successes—but I am very confident both of those men are going to get their Alma maters back to where they should be.

I think Michigan might win the Big Ten this year. And I think Frost is going to have Nebraska competitive in the next 2-3 years.

Peyton is a football genius. He’s known for knowing what is going to happen before anyone else on the field did. He is a gamer/strategist on the field, and I believe that will translate to coaching success.

He’s got the charisma and the ability to bring in elite staff.

Now is the time to start seriously considering getting Peyton in orange as the face of this program.

I think he will end up restoring Tennessee football and making us elite again.

IMO zero chance.

Love Peyton... but he's also never been a head coach

Does it matter at this point? Give him the keys and let’s give it a shot. There’s no better person to take that shot with.

Maybe Jim Bob Cooter? But I know Peyton LOVES Knoxville and Tennessee football.

With arch Coming up and a chance to play under Peyton, it could honestly happen if we seriously consider it.

This idea that we must have someone that bleeds orange is silly. Peyton's never been a head coach. Could he get elite players here? Probably, but then could he put together a staff to coach them. How many elite assistant coaches would want to come here? Who knows? Peyton is a perfectionist and has never led an organization. Too many unknown variables unless he's willing to do it for peanuts

Does it matter at this point? Give him the keys and let’s give it a shot. There’s no better person to take that shot with.

With arch Coming up and a chance to play under Peyton, it could honestly happen if we seriously consider it.
yes it does matter... he's probably be another Pruitt as a HC

Reactions: 08Vol
Peyton is a genius. Which is EXACTLY why he wont be a coach here ever

And you think this type of comment helps to make it happen? Seriously consider it. What do we have to lose at this point?

We’re never going to be able bring in a Saban. And we’ve proven disastrous results with our last 4 coaches:

Kiffin
Dooley
Jones
Pruitt

This is where we’re at right now.

Reactions: coachjp6

Since when does this translate to coaching ability?

And you think this type of comment helps to make it happen? Seriously consider it. What do we have to lose at this point?

We’re never going to be able bring in a Saban. And we’ve proven disastrous results with our last 4 coaches:

Kiffin
Dooley
Jones
Pruitt

This is where we’re at right now.
It's more about what HE has to lose. His legacy is not tarnished here and never will be. But if he becomes a coach and doesnt get it done? Then you all will turn on him just like you turn on every single coach we ever have.

Peyton will stick to making his millions in endorsements and not having to meet any performance expectations. He will never coach anywhere.

VN Store

Back