SI: It’s time for Harrison Bailey

JG wasn't good in high school which makes his entire recruitment one giant hoax as well as showing how the whole star system can be influenced and manipulated.
Wait a minute, are you implying that JG got the “Butch bump?!”😎
GBO!!

Man I’m gonna be fired up if we get some early breaks like we did against Georgia. Offense HAS to find a way to help the defense, I don’t care if they run the wildcat with chandler or gray.

Most have forgotten as our 2nd half offense was so poor, but this 2020 version of the UT Volunteers took a hard fought, holding UGA out of the end zone on a fourth and goal to go stand, LEAD into half time. We have talent, and decent coaching to beat the UGAs. What we do not have is a decent consistent will not hurt you player at QB. Take Felipe Franks at Arkansas formerly of Florida or even the 4thj string guy UGA started against us as our QB for 2020, we romp the dawgs.

Agreed. I'd rather see us play Maurer and let Bailey learn the offense and get a year in the S&C program before he gets trotted out.
I think HB should play, not a big fan of this offense anyway. If they need to change it for him, so much the better. UT has nothing to lose, go play ball and start enjoying the game again. JG is a very tough young man, but his future is not playing football.

Agreed it is time to see what Bailey can do in this league. He is going to take his lumps, but it will only benefit him & the team in the future.

I'm mixed on it but if he's really a 5 star he will leave after Junior year anyway. So this year does not count eligibility wise so roll him out there and hope he's so good by his Junior year he's gone.

I would really rather HB be in there after half time at the earliest and maybe wait and go against Arky as I would hate to see him get pummeled and lose confidence in himself.

That being said I would like to see Mauer or Shrout go at least the first half against Bama.

Good players don’t lose confidence in themselves when things don’t go according to plan. They put on more steam.

I honestly don't know what he will become... but how do you know he was ready?

As much as I hated to see JG keep going out there, throwing HB out there too early could very easily destroy his career at UT.

PS- we don't know if he's beaten out the other two yet.
Great QBs come from adversity being thrust upon them.

To me it really is not about whether he is ready or not. It is about going ahead and sacrificing the 2020 season to get him much needed experience so we can start focusing on '21.

When Pruitt put in a back up and they threw a ball that was close to being intercepted but was not, he would pull them. When JG threw an interception Pruitt would make excuses for him.

I'm mixed on it but if he's really a 5 star he will leave after Junior year anyway. So this year does not count eligibility wise so roll him out there and hope he's so good by his Junior year he's gone.

it seems like so many people declare early every year in college football because of news coverage but their really aren’t that many if you look at it across all of college football. Almost every high level recruit is looked at, by fans, like they are only here for 3 years. After Four years playing they are being signed to a practice squad somewhere.

Great QBs come from adversity being thrust upon them.
Adversity sure. But you can't run him out there if he isn't mentally ready to handle it. Maurer did pretty good in spurts anyway... but he wasn't ready when they threw him out there last year. Everything his "haters" throw at him here can be traced back to that.

The reality is that most of our good QBs in the last 30 years played as freshmen. Peyton, Casey, Ainge, Bray, and Dobbs all played as freshmen. We have a line that should keep him from getting hurt. Play the kid.

To me it really is not about whether he is ready or not. It is about going ahead and sacrificing the 2020 season to get him much needed experience so we can start focusing on '21.
I don’t think we’re “sacrificing” anything by going another way. JG’s losing games by not only performance but dragging his team down. I’d lean more optimistic something could be salvaged this season by not limiting our offense.

Reactions: HooahVol and tbh
I don’t think we’re “sacrificing” anything by going another way. JG’s losing games by not only performance but dragging his team down. I’d lean more optimistic something could be salvaged this season by not limiting our offense.

Exactly. You could easily argue the converse, which is that if Pruitt continues to play JG we're sacrificing the season when this team clearly can win games they just need a spark. We're not sacrificing anything by playing another QB. I think it's pretty clear by now it's the other way around.

Reactions: tbh and butchna
When Pruitt put in a back up and they threw a ball that was close to being intercepted but was not, he would pull them. When JG threw an interception Pruitt would make excuses for him.
I’m really beginning to think JG got paid to come here and that is being held over UT’s head. Something is really off at this point.

Reactions: tbh and whodeycin85
I’m really beginning to think JG got paid to come here and that is being held over UT’s head. Something is really off at this point.
Halloween time sounds appropriate for conspiracies.

Exactly. You could easily argue the converse, which is that if Pruitt continues to play JG we're sacrificing the season when this team clearly can win games they just need a spark. We're not sacrificing anything by playing another QB. I think it's pretty clear by now it's the other way around.
could one argue that we are sacrificing recruiting as well if we continue to play JG? I won't even bring up the transfer portal if the NCAA were to change to transfer rules, as it appears they look to do.

JG wasn't good in high school which makes his entire recruitment one giant hoax as well as showing how the whole star system can be influenced and manipulated.

All of the experts said he was great. His rank was earned.

The conspiracy theories are fun though.
How everyone views him and ktown..the biggest jg Homer's here

Nah I am a UT homer. If Bailey is ready give him a shot. Hope he plays well enough to never come out.

Ktown likes bailey, tho.

Yep. And Salter next year and several before. Our current backups are underwhelming.

KTown likes Baileys rank. He doesn’t know anything else about him. Not many do.

I do.

And his size, pedigree and production vs high level HS teams.

I know BM was a 46% passer last year, I know he was fourth from the bottom in accuracy.
Under that screen name he does. If Bailey actually replaces JG then he'll probably change screen names and hate him too.

I'm not you.

I have been here. I have supported the starting or eventual starting qb each time.

You support guys who sit the bench because of whatever agenda you have.
Know as much as we do any other QB not named JG. Speaking as a collective...not your personal situation.
We do know a little about BM. He did play last year. So we know he can throw a ton of picks and be very inaccurate. Even worse than JG.

VN Store

Back