Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I just realized recently that he hosts a National ESPN radio show on Saturday afternoons. ESPN has gone nutty with who they are hiring to put on the airwaves.
ESPN is in shambles. I miss the days when they ran highlights for an hour straight and showed the people what they tuned in for which was to see who won and lost and who made great plays.

Per AP:

Not true. He met with Brumbaugh in private and when the staff arrived Sunday they were unaware and just knew Jimmy wasn't there. They were eventually told, but if it happened during the game or in front of the team they would have known.
Exactly... Matt Jones lives for stirring up drama and Tennessee lives rent free in his head.

It doesn’t, I don’t agree with how either was handled. If you’re going to let someone go, don’t do it so public unless you’re looking for effect. That’s why I said “woof”
generally, yes,i agree. the very few times i've done it on the spot, only once was it in public, and it was totally for effect. a) he deserved it b) can't let hte rest of the villagers think they can get away with murder...........lol.

and you can do it that way, and it still be tactful and professional....

By the time he officially announced it on Monday he was in a proper frame of mind. Hopefully he learns from it. But if it’s the first step towards the team waking up...followed by a new QB, then maybe it’ll become that Majors 1988 turnaround in this season of remembering Majors.
Ironic, isn’t it?

Reactions: butchna
By the time he officially announced it on Monday he was in a proper frame of mind. Hopefully he learns from it. But if it’s the first step towards the team waking up...followed by a new QB, then maybe it’ll become that Majors 1988 turnaround in this season of remembering Majors.
cool....but i thought that was last year?

TBH I’d take it with a grain of salt unless something similar comes out.

All I’m saying is that this is a young man who came as a PWO and earned a scholarship. But those are year to year. So with our numbers crunch this year, they likely told him he was back to being a PWO this year. That coupled with us signing 4 talented receivers and the lack of playing time and our staffs reputation for being brutally honest - and he might’ve just got his feelings hurt/family for their feathers ruffled.
It will not help this kid get a good gig. If I was another coach I would be like "oh hell naw"..

I am in quarantine by the state department of health because someone (who they cannot name) thought they were around me on a day (they cannot recall) and that someone tested positive for Covid. If I violate the quarantine, then I am breaking my governors executive order which is being challenged in the state Supreme Court. In the meantime, the state department of health has my phone number and want to track my progress over the 14 day quarantine.
Lawyer up. 100% violation of your rights and the Constitution.

We don’t put Chandler and Gray in at the same time. I don’t recall seeing any reverse action on fake sweeps or handoffs. Not sure we’ve run the toss sweep since game one. A lot of just zone blocking from the shotgun.

In the passing game, we haven’t run much play action. I also thought they would roll JG out some to protect him and cut down his reads. Our lack of TE has hurt because Chaney is good at using that position. Surprised we haven’t at least tried some passes there.

With our limitations at QB, it literally takes a team effort including a coach’s game plan.
In all fairness, it's kinda hard to run any kind of offense when the defense is constantly blowing up the plays.

Reactions: OrangenSC
generally, yes,i agree. the very few times i've done it on the spot, only once was it in public, and it was totally for effect. a) he deserved it b) can't let hte rest of the villagers think they can get away with murder...........lol.

and you can do it that way, and it still be tactful and professional....
I’ve only done it on the spot twice, a housekeeper who refused to do what her job entailed and a male server that went berserk, at 530 in the morning with just myself and a female server there (I won’t go into specifics on that one), I just told that one to get out of my kitchen.

I am in quarantine by the state department of health because someone (who they cannot name) thought they were around me on a day (they cannot recall) and that someone tested positive for Covid. If I violate the quarantine, then I am breaking my governors executive order which is being challenged in the state Supreme Court. In the meantime, the state department of health has my phone number and want to track my progress over the 14 day quarantine.

What state?

TBH I’d take it with a grain of salt unless something similar comes out.

All I’m saying is that this is a young man who came as a PWO and earned a scholarship. But those are year to year. So with our numbers crunch this year, they likely told him he was back to being a PWO this year. That coupled with us signing 4 talented receivers and the lack of playing time and our staffs reputation for being brutally honest - and he might’ve just got his feelings hurt/family for their feathers ruffled.

Hmmm!

Smart post

I’ve only done it on the spot twice, a housekeeper who refused to do what her job entailed and a male server that went berserk, at 530 in the morning with just myself and a female server there (I won’t go into specifics on that one), I just told that one to get out of my kitchen.
I had up to 40 guys working for me at a time before the recession...I ran several of them off the jobsite. Idiots deserve to be treated like idiots.

Per AP:

Not true. He met with Brumbaugh in private and when the staff arrived Sunday they were unaware and just knew Jimmy wasn't there. They were eventually told, but if it happened during the game or in front of the team they would have known.

Thank goodness the fool from Kentucky was wrong.

Per AP:

Coming from someone at practice: they got into an argument on the practice field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back