Jeremy Pruitt Defensive Coordinator

No, he’s not over his head. He’s learning, a little too slow at making important changes on offense, and far too often coaches like he’s scared with a few exceptions. I wish he had the mindset of a young Steve Spurrier.
I’m not sure about him one way or the other. You have to make mistakes to learn from them. Should he have learned more by now? Not sure. I do like the courage to consistently go on 4th down and short in your own territory.

I’m not sure about him one way or the other. You have to make mistakes to learn from them. Should he have learned more by now? Not sure. I do like the courage to consistently go on 4th down and short in your own territory.
When they pay off? I don’t mind.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
It’s still too early to tell. I am just as disappointed with our performance against Kentucky as anybody else but let’s not forget he’s only been a head coach for less than three years. Also let’s not forget the situation he inherited when he came here. We all new that this was a complete rebuild player wise and more importantly culture wise. People like to compare Pruitt with Kirby but you’re kidding yourselves if you think Kirby took over a situation anywhere close to what Pruitt took over. UGA’s problem was never with talent even with Richt. Their issue was always with in game coaching/development and that’s why Kirby was able to take Richt’s players to the national championship. And it’s not like Kirby hasn’t bungled a couple QB decisions during his tenure.

I really have two gripes with Pruitt so far:

For one, I think he needs to ditch the pro style offense for the spread offense. How many times do we have to watch UGA (who might have the most talented roster in the country) lose to great teams because they can’t keep up on offense. Even Saban realized that the time of beating teams 28-10 is long gone (at least when it comes to good opponents).

Second, Pruitt should have brought in either a transfer or a grad transfer QB before this offseason. Perhaps he really did try hard to get a QB to transfer here but the only one I can recall there being rumblings about was JT Daniels. I have a hard time believing that there was no other player out there that could challenge JG for the starting spot. Unless we start Bailey for the rest of the season and he shows significant improvement, we NEED to hit the QB transfer market hard this off-season. In my opinion, Shrout and Maurer are definitely not the solution.

I think JP has lost the players confidence since the sunday scrimmage last week.I don't know this is fact but I have that feeling.The team just never had the fire in them that it takes to get it done.This effort gave me feelings of Ga. State all over again.Something has to change!

I think JP has lost the players confidence since the sunday scrimmage last week.I don't know this is fact but I have that feeling.The team just never had the fire in them that it takes to get it done.This effort gave me feelings of Ga. State all over again.Something has to change!
I don’t think the scrimmage affected anything.

The actual fact that our backups are not getting practice reps and having to schedule special scrimmages to get your 5-star QB any reps just made me lose all faith in this staff. Just ridiculous that we are in this situation in year 3 of this staff.

Who knows. He has to know his offense stinks and he doesn’t have the athletes like he did at Alabama.

If the season continues like the last two games then we lose all future recruiting. We will likely see the start of decommittments this week. We will also see mass defections within the program to the transfer portal including all Qb’s without the initials JG. If we look bad against Arkansas , the program will not be relevant for a minimum of 10 years. I thought JT might bring some spark but apparently in year 3 he does not have a handle on the playbook because Pruitt stated he did not send a man in motion on the interception. It leaves HB or BM to save the future of UT football and our current coaching staff. We are on the precipice.

Reactions: 1vol8
If the season continues like the last two games then we lose all future recruiting. We will likely see the start of decommittments this week. We will also see mass defections within the program to the transfer portal including all Qb’s without the initials JG. If we look bad against Arkansas , the program will not be relevant for a minimum of 10 years. I thought JT might bring some spark but apparently in year 3 he does not have a handle on the playbook because Pruitt stated he did not send a man in motion on the interception. It leaves HB or BM to save the future of UT football and our current coaching staff. We are on the precipice.
Im having trouble believing anything Pruitt is saying..i feel like he is blaming everyone else for his poor choices...

I think he has forgotten more about FB than most of us on this board know but having said that, it takes more than FB knowledge to be a HC but I believe he will get there and Fulmer's going to let him so the fire Pruitt group are just wasting posting space on here. But I agree with a poster above that he needs to seriously look at changing his offense. We are not and cannot be Bama so you have to level the playing field other ways. Hopefully he will get smarter quickly.

Not totally disagreeing but Pruitt is playing with house money. He knows Fulmer will not fire him because they will never let Fulmer pick the next head coach if Pruitt is canned any time soon. I imagine the pucker factor would be amped up significantly if we have a new AD.

The actual fact that our backups are not getting practice reps and having to schedule special scrimmages to get your 5-star QB any reps just made me lose all faith in this staff. Just ridiculous that we are in this situation in year 3 of this staff.

I think Pruitt was trying to accommodate the COVID protocol/tracing BS a bit much perhaps and that cost us practice time. Every other team seems to have cheated as much as they could get away with regarding that.

Reactions: Tnphil and m1al
That is your opinion just as I gave mine.Maybe it did maybe it didn't,what makes you a scholar on the effects of the scrimmage?You don't have to try to make everyone wrong on everything!
Damn dude, he made a simple statement of his opinion and wasn't rude..

Maybe this forum isn't for you.

Overall, I think the defense has been pretty good. Not great, but not bad.

I don’t understand why no one is within the Knoxville city limits on a 10 yard slant pattern.

But, Florida can’t get someone in the same area code as an eligible receiver, so I’m kind of jealous

It’s a huge jump from DC to SEC head coach, right Jeremy?
Do you think Pruitt is in over his head?

We have an undisciplined ball team.

Offense has the majority of the problems. Turnovers, can’t execute, and stupid penalties.

Defense can’t stop a slant, and poor tackling.
Too many arm, and bump tackles.
Pruitt points out a lot of this on his show.

There’s a communication problem somewhere,
between Pruitt to his coaches or his coaches to the players.
In Pruitt’s own words, “gotta get them playing better”.

Bottom line though, he’s gotta do a better job of making sure these deficiencies get corrected and the players start playing better, period. That’s why he gets paid the BIG bucks.

In his 3rd year as head coach, he has a liability 5th year QB, a veteran OL that is average at best, and a defense that can’t cover the middle of the field.
No players position should be safe from being benched because of poor play.
His stubbornness to continue playing a 5th year senior who’s a liability, has proven to be a liability of his own.

He can be a good head coach, but he definitely needs to not be so stubborn, and also figure out where the communication problem is sooner rather than later.
If not, there could be severe repercussions down the road in recruiting and of course, wins or losses, and oh yes, job security..........

Hello...... This isn't a normal practice schedule we've had. We had no fall camp and what camp we did have our 5star QB didn't participate in over half of it due to quarantine!! I'm glad y'all ain't running the program or it'd be 1000x worse off. Geez, a lil common sense and rational thinking goes along ways!!

VN Store

Back