We need to not do with Pruitt what we did with Butch—get rid of him now—set up Petersen or Hugh Freeze and pull the trigger with the cupboards full

Really, replacing the coach fixes everything. I do not believe CJP is a shallow coach like DD and BJ. He has a QB issue and fixing mental mistake right now to deal with. Lets see how he adjusts. He knows his issues and needs to get his assistance coaches and player in line with eliminating or at least reducing these mistakes. I was embarrassed by today's play but lets see how the year plays out.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Really, replacing the coach fixes everything. I do not believe CJP is a shallow coach like DD and BJ. He has a QB issue and fixing mental mistake right now to deal with. Lets see how he adjusts. He knows his issues and needs to get his assistance coaches and player in line with eliminating or at least reducing these mistakes. I was embarrassed by today's play but lets see how the year plays out.
You’re acting like this is a new problem. He’s had 3 years to adjust to our QB issues. No commitment to developing our more competent youngsters and no transfers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkansas was in shambles. Their recruiting was non existent. Yet they hire a good staff and are playing hard. The difference is that Pittman is managing his players. Pruitt came in and wanted to replace 50 players immediately. The result was 6 crushing defeats in year one.

Arkansas was in shambles. Their recruiting was non existent. Yet they hire a good staff and are playing hard. The difference is that Pittman is managing his players. Pruitt came in and wanted to replace 50 players immediately. The result was 6 crushing defeats in year one.

I think it was 7 crushing loses in year one, 6 of them in the SEC & 1 blowout loss to WV to kick the season off that year (2018). Regardless, Pittman has surprised me early on, nice job!

I think it was 7 crushing loses in year one, 6 of them in the SEC & 1 blowout loss to WV to kick the season off that year (2018). Regardless, Pittman has surprised me early on, nice job!
We had one close loss to SC but blown out in the other 6.

We have almost no senior leadership on this team. We miss Jennings and some of our guys on D.

Reactions: 08Vol
We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

Pruitt made his bed and decided to lay down with Guarantano. It cost his job.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Get rid of him now, and let’s get a coach that will give us a shot to win.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

Petersen is the guy. Pay him. And make Tennesee Great Again.
I'm not so sure you are looking far enough up the chain....who just gave him a raise and extension?

Reactions: 08Vol
We did the same with Fulmer. He should have been done after 2005. He'd already had massive disappointments in 1999 and 2002.

Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Florida never had an issue with clinging onto a coach until the program was a complete wreck, and they have all won national titles since we were worth a tinkers damn.

AkLx.gif

Tennessee football will see Pruitt for 3 more years, like it or not
The Wheels are off the Vols now!

I think you COULD be right but there is no way Fulmer makes that move.

Pruitt is safe for two more years no matter his record.

We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

Petersen is not coming to Coach Tennessee. He's probably not going to coach again anywhere.

Petersen is not coming to Coach Tennessee. He's probably not going to coach again anywhere.
This statement is 100% true. But you’ll never convince the majority of this board. They have the critical thinking skills of a one year old’s bladder and produce a similar quality product when they type on message boards.

Chris Petersen is the new Jon Gruden on here.

Going to continually be brought up as a replacement option despite no chance of him coming to Knoxville.

Be creative and at least bring up the guy who replaced him and is still coaching....Bryan Harsin.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Chris Petersen is the new Jon Gruden on here.

Going to continually be brought up as a replacement option despite no chance of him coming to Knoxville.

Be creative and at least bring up the guy who replaced him and is still coaching....Bryan Harsin.
Nah just go cheap again, Billy Napier would be a cheapo hire

I’m 100% on board with Pruitt and feel he will end up getting the job done here

Kentucky just physically whipped our asses up and down the field for 4 quarters the cupboard is nowhere close to being full.

NOW.

Pruitt just received an extension and has a 12m buyout. Stop wasting time even thinking we will let Pruitt go.

NOW.

Haha, I remember the times freak didn't allow anyone to post under a certain number of posts...... yours sir is by far the worst I've read on this board and that's saying something. Bama needs more bandwagon fans.....sign up! Oh and by the way learn to spell Tennessee correctly. SMH

Reactions: feathersax
Not happening. Pruitt needs to take a long hard look at a couple of assistants especially weinke. Grab a grad transfer qb and maybe a juco arm to step in next year while our young gun gets up to speed. Tearing it all down and starting over is irrational. The roster is just now getting back to SEC levels. No reason to start all over again. This isn't a playstation game. Put a solid QB in the lineup and this team looks much, much different.

VN Store

Back