JG stat

Here is an idea...
As well as link to the article...

should land between the receiver's waist and head. Then maybe the chest and head. After years of mechanical footwork, hip movement, arm-slot adjustments and timing exercises, it all leads to the gold standard: A 12-inch-by-12-inch moving target, one that travels with a receiver's stride or remains stationary with a static pass catcher.

Quarterback accuracy: A complex (and crucial) puzzle

So we officially now have the most worthless stat in football.

Reactions: 4chrissy
Mission accomplished VN! đź‘Ť Just heard Kirby will not even dress any defensive starters since JG is so bad.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
People thought advanced stats in baseball were worthless too...until they weren't......

If you believe almost half of the SEC QBs facing live action are hitting a 12"x12" square about 7 out of every 10 throws I need some of what you are smoking.

If you believe about half of the SEC QBs facing live action are hitting a 12"x12" square almost 7 out of every 10 throws I need some of what you are smoking.
You asked for a definition........
Do i believe that website...nope....called it out last year stats that didnt match up....it also hasnt been in existence for very long...this is its 3rd year..clearly a fan site...ive emailed for explanation on it stats with no response as well....
But accuracy as a stat it starting to gain traction....the NFL tracks it on advanced sites....

Do i believe that website...nope....called it out last year stats that didnt match up....it also hasnt been in existence for very long...this is its 3rd year..clearly a fan site...ive emailed for explanation on it stats with no response as well....
But accuracy as a stat it starting to gain traction....the NFL tracks it on advanced sites....

Well, it's good to see you have some sense. Stats don't really mean squat. They are just a collection of past tendencies, and not really a true indicator of the present or future. I've played rugby with guys over the years that I had no idea about their stats and never really cared to. All I knew is I wanted them on the field with me because they were winners and together we were going to kick some *ss. That's the only stat I ever cared about.

Didn't even know accuracy percentage was a stat. I'm not even sure how you would define that:

Receiver doesn't have to fully extend his arms?
Receiver doesn't have to bend at the waist?
Receiver doesn't have to reach back for ball?
Receiver can continue to run once catch is made?
Receiver remains upright upon completion?
Receiver drops pass but ball "should" have been caught?
Pass clears the LOS?
Pass gets to receiver but DB breaks up the completion?
Receiver simply touches any attempted pass?
I think that ball should have been caught even though receiver didn't touch it?

JG is currently 6th in the SEC QB rating, and 1 of 2 SEC QBs not to throw an INT with 50+ pass attempts.

Figures lie, and liars figure.
Idk this to be fact as far as the stat goes but I imagine it’s the same as the Elite 11 coaches score accuracy on pro day. A perfect throw arrives in stride at the receivers eyes. That’s 3 points. A pass that arrives in an area requiring minimal adjustment is 2 points and a pass that required a major adjustment is 1 point. Incomplete passes due to accuracy is 0. I still don’t know how they can accurately “stat” that in game speed though.

Reactions: ftsandersvol
I've compared some of his stats to PFF and they are pretty similar within the more advanced stats. I think he does good work overall jmo.

the question answered was that no receiver ran wrong route so JG percentage was true I offered a wrong route by the freshman rather he got off his correct line or wrong period Coach had words because JG drop the ball right were the Hyatt needed to be.
I never said that "no" receiver had made a mistake. But if that's an excuse then every other QB has the same excuse. The receivers have gotten open. Guys like Bazelak who are new starters also have new receivers... and is in a new system with a new coordinator and Head Coach are as good or better than he is on deeper throws. And again, this is something JG wasn't very good at last year with experience at WR.

You ready for a kick in the nuts? I’d bet the house he’ll be our qb again next year. This year doesn’t count against eligibility. And it’s not like he’s going to shoot up on any draft boards. He’s the gift that keeps on giving. Lol

Why you gotta ruin my Saturday with facts like that?

We better beat Georgia to make up for it!

Fine, it won't be enough then. You've been spewing this nonsense for 3 years. Does it make you proud to constantly **** all over our starting QB?
You can eat your crow now. My concerns were legitimate. Nothing "negavol" or "NeverJGer" about it. Simple acceptance of a guy's demonstrated performance. You've attacked me personally because you didn't want to accept the truth. Not really sure how you can deny it now.

I have been trashing JGs play for quite some time just like you...and also take no joy in being right. He sucks , on the team that I have loved since I learned to walk and talk...the orange that I wear and rep on my truck even when we suck. My first true love...Tennessee Football.

JG has managed to personally ruin 2 out of the last 3 seasons, and that's being nice. He has scored 31 points for the OTHER team in the last 2 games....and embarrassed himself, our team, our fans, and this program.

I hope he never takes another snap with the starters, in practice or games. He is so done. The team resents him...that is clear. Nobody came to talk to him when he imploded for about the 15th game as a starter....he will doubtless leave UT with a LOSING record as a 3 year starter. The only QB to do that at UT in my lifetime. I am 43.

Pruitt deserves blame for trotting his sorry ass out there over and over again .. and he better cut ties with JG or it will eventually cost him his job. Not this season, but later. Losses to UK paired with blowout losses to our 3 main rivals will get CJP fired in 2 or 3 years, and KILL recruiting. Today was brutal

I better not hear CJP say JG offers us the best chance of winning. Whether he plays him or not it's just not reality at this point. This isn't to say any other QB gives us that chance.

At this point you know what JG offers. He has a hard time orchestrating points into the 20s, natively; can't get close to that against the high profile teams, and can become your own worst liability on at any moment, for a quarter, half or game.

I'm ready for the change, and will live with the regression in order to find the whatever combination that shows signs in the other direction. Like scaring GA or FL for 4 quarters.

You can eat your crow now. My concerns were legitimate. Nothing "negavol" or "NeverJGer" about it. Simple acceptance of a guy's demonstrated performance. You've attacked me personally because you didn't want to accept the truth. Not really sure how you can deny it now.
He will disappear for a while then come back all in on HB..making ludcris statements again

He will disappear for a while then come back all in on HB..making ludcris statements again
I've been here a long time. In all that time, guys like that do one of three things. They either man up and admit they're wrong, go away, or change screen names. A handful including me have swallowed pride and admitted we were wrong. I've had the same screen name since I joined the board. Most however will change screen names to avoid admitting they were wrong. I strongly suspect that both k-town and Pulaski have used other screen names and will change again rather than being man enough to admit they were wrong.

I guess on very, very rare occasion someone will continue to insist they were right in spite of overwhelming fact. But they usually don't last long.

JG’s legacy may be getting two coaches fired in his 6 yrs as Tennessee QB. Because yes he is coming back and yes Pruitt will start him next year too.

VN Store

Back