Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afraid CJP killed those avenues during the search. Was not impressed by Briles and Lebby...word is them not having a playbook...he didn't like.

I was in-between on Chaney hire, but felt he was a solid top 25 type oc and cjp could trust him, most importantly, though he may not add much advantage over his talent these days either.

That said, I think he's here for a bit - upside is he WANTS a true DT, dynamic, quick twitch guy that can run and execute rpos imo. Let's give him a chance to get salter, simpson, king transfer? in here and see.
I hope Chaney can figure it out. I'm afraid that, like Chavis, his time has passed and its time to put him out to pasture

Reactions: Aesius and maotai
We looked like a much different team against usc and mizzou.

Not sure what the hell happened.

And the first half at Georgia

I think it’s pretty simple. We have a QB in JG that when things are going well he’s a serviceable SEC QB in which we can win most of the games we should win.

But like all “front runners” do when things get bad our QB isn’t mentally tough enough to get off the matt and make plays which leads to play calling like we saw today that was clearly giving up and in turns signals to the players that it’s time to throw in the towel.

It’s the problem with being led by a front runner and it isn’t just the QB. It’s the damn coaching staff as well. They all get shell shocked when things go badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back