We need to not do with Pruitt what we did with Butch—get rid of him now—set up Petersen or Hugh Freeze and pull the trigger with the cupboards full

WhenUrVolUrVFL

We held on to Butch Jones for one year too long and the result was the cupboard being completely barren.

Pruitt already showed me he’s not the guy just based on his inability to make the call on start Guarantano.

No coach that was even DECENT would have had Guarantano starting LAST YEAR—and sure as **** would not have had him start this year.

It sucks because I feel like this team could be competitive with ANYONE including UGA or Bama if we had a serviceable QB.

Pruitt made his bed and decided to lay down with Guarantano. It cost his job.

He’s the CEO of Tennessee football and he made an Enron like decision starting Guarantano.

Get rid of him now, and let’s get a coach that will give us a shot to win.

Right now. Cannot wait for recruiting to collapse and our talent we have to leave.

NOW.

Petersen is the guy. Pay him. And make Tennesee Great Again.

I'd rather get another top 10-15 recruiting class before nixing Pruitt. He's a great recruiter (outside of the QB position, apparently). Let's get 3-4 Pruitt classes first, and then replace him if need be. We don't exactly have a great roster for a new coach at the moment. But with this year's recruiting class, and perhaps one more under Pruitt, we should have a team full of studs - regardless of who ends up coaching them.

I'd rather get another top 10-15 recruiting class before nixing Pruitt. He's a great recruiter (outside of the QB position, apparently). Let's get 3-4 Pruitt classes first, and then replace him if need be. We don't exactly have a great roster for a new coach at the moment. But with this year's recruiting class, and perhaps one more under Pruitt, we should have a team full of studs - regardless of who ends up coaching them.

Mims is the writing on the wall. Pruitt is not the guy. We’re going to slide back in recruiting now. Make the move while we still have what we do.

Even without covid, Pruitt isn't going anywhere for a year or two. Phil is as stubborn as CJP. It'll take an act of congress to make him admit he made the wrong hire.

Then we are going to watch Pruitt slowly sink. The talent that we had that kept us competitive with UGA in Athens last week will graduate/leave—and we will not be able to recruit comparable talent and Pruitt leaves the cupboard empty for the next guy and we have the same exact talk 3 years later with the next guy.

He's not getting fired this season regardless of the final result because of the financial challenges the pandemic has presented. Maybe things will recover fast enough that firing him becomes viable in 2021 if the pathetic performances continue to pile up.

He's not getting fired this season regardless of the final result because of the financial challenges the pandemic has presented. Maybe things will recover fast enough that firing him becomes viable in 2021 if the pathetic performances continue to pile up.

Well then we are going to experience the same exact thing with the next guy that we are right now with Pruitt.

Reactions: 08Vol
Then we are going to watch Pruitt slowly sink. The talent that we had that kept us competitive with UGA in Athens last week will graduate/leave—and we will not be able to recruit comparable talent and Pruitt leaves the cupboard empty for the next guy and we have the same exact talk 3 years later with the next guy.
That's the way it will go. Most of Botch's last two classes weren't SEC qaulity. Pruitt has some talent here but needs more. What's happening on the field and on the sidelines isn't going to sale many elite recruits on this place.

Mims is the writing on the wall. Pruitt is not the guy. We’re going to slide back in recruiting now. Make the move while we still have what we do.
Hell are we not still paying bitch jones! We cant pay another clown not to coach. I was behind Pruitt but the qb deal is smelling like something similar to fish!

Pretty much. It's a vicious cycle that can only be broken by hiring a proven guy.

Reactions: 08Vol and Elhanan
Unless next year is a 2017 type disaster, then I agree he’s here in 2022. Phil’s ego and Pruitt’s buyout are hard to overcome.

Fulmer won't fire him period, so he will have to get fired first, and the next AD won't be paying out the contract with 4 years left on it right after arriving on campus.

Won't surprise me if we have to suffer through to nearing the end of 2023 before any change is made.

VN Store

Back