Netflix

The Devil All the Time was pretty good, but a little freaky, and it's a perfect case study of how narration cheapens film as art.

It is odd that this film sparked so much controversy. The subject matter makes me uncomfortable, but so does Dance Moms, and that has been going on for a decade. Good Boys is all about kids discussing sex. It appears this movie includes both suggestive dancing and kids discussing sex in order to make a point about the sexualization of kids. Dance Moms and Good Boys are purely for entertainment. How do they fly under the radar and Cuties is catching hell? Just seems like an ill-advised movie poster is the root of the problem (and misinformation, like people thinking the movie shows a child's breast).
I've been thinking along the same lines. I don't have Netflix but some of the descriptions I've heard on this film (twerking etc.. ) I'm like have you never seen Dance Moms?

The people would stroke out if they ever watched a Larry Clark film or Brooke Shields Pretty Baby (1978) directed by Louis Malle.

Finished Away with Hillary Swank. Premise is your typical "lets go to Mars" plot. What I really enjoyed was the what ifs during the long, long trip cooped up in a tin tube for about a year. Interested exploration into how to deal with some potential worst case scenarios.

Reactions: FïreBall
Anybody got an idea when season 3 of Kobra kai comes out?

I watched on the YouTube and was expecting it out by now but I understand it was bought by Netflix.

Finished Away with Hillary Swank. Premise is your typical "lets go to Mars" plot. What I really enjoyed was the what ifs during the long, long trip cooped up in a tin tube for about a year. Interested exploration into how to deal with some potential worst case scenarios.
Deal killer for me is any potential issue of water. Could die any other way.

Anybody got an idea when season 3 of Kobra kai comes out?

I watched on the YouTube and was expecting it out by now but I understand it was bought by Netflix.
It was supposed to be out last spring but because of the Rona was delayed. There have been rumors that the 3rd season was not at all what YouTube wanted and that’s why it was delayed and then dropped only to be picked up by Netflix. It’s been very weird.

The Social Dilemma is very disturbing, particularly if you have younger people in your family who have their noses in their phones/devices constantly. It does a very good job explaining in non-technical terms how social media platforms work and how they make money through a process of addiction and manipulation.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
The Social Dilemma is very disturbing, particularly if you have younger people in your family who have their noses in their phones/devices constantly. It does a very good job explaining in non-technical terms how social media platforms work and how they make money through a process of addiction and manipulation.

What about if you have boomer parents with their noses in their phones constantly?

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Hubie Halloween was a pleasant surprise. Funniest Sandler has been in a while. Bad movie but very fun watch.

American Murder: The Family Next Door .... 7/10

It's the Chris Watts story. It gives some personal insight through text messages and videos of his relationship with his wife. He is a despicable guy. Had a really sweet wife who loved him... but he wanted some younger tail so he killed her while she was pregnant and his daughters. They should send him to SuperMax in Florence... maybe then he would see that the life he had wasn't so bad.

It's the Chris Watts story. It gives some personal insight through text messages and videos of his relationship with his wife. He is a despicable guy. Had a really sweet wife who loved him... but he wanted some younger tail so he killed her while she was pregnant and his daughters. They should send him to SuperMax in Florence... maybe then he would see that the life he had wasn't so bad.
Family annihilators are the worst. Josh Powell takes the cake though.

I liked it though I had already watched several in depth YouTube videos about it, and even more has come out in interviews he's given since he's been in jail. Dude is a real POS.

Family annihilators are the worst. Josh Powell takes the cake though.

Is that the guy that most likely killed his wife and his alibi was he took his 2 little boys on a midnight out of the blue camping trip in a blizzard and then a few years later blew up the house with him and his boys in it?

Ah now I remember, I listened to a Cold Case podcast about that. I forgot the guy who did it but he actually came up with a very plausible timeline and explanation on how he did it and got away with it. That whole story is creepy, with his dad being a pervert and the brother offed himself a few years after and he ditched his car in some junkyard and kept requesting satellite photos to make sure the car was still there. The speculation being he used his car to help dispose of the wife's body.

Ah now I remember, I listened to a Cold Case podcast about that. I forgot the guy who did it but he actually came up with a very plausible timeline and explanation on how he did it and got away with it. That whole story is creepy, with his dad being a pervert and the brother offed himself a few years after and he ditched his car in some junkyard and kept requesting satellite photos to make sure the car was still there. The speculation being he used his car to help dispose of the wife's body.
Yup really messed up family. The podcast is called "Cold"

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back