2022 Recruits

I’ll take this type of person and enjoy their efforts even if we don’t make the FF’s ever again ! Just exhibit good BB PRINCIPLES and play the game right ..... win or lose is ok with me . Looking forward to the future.🙏
I really like your point of view here. However I’m not sure how many here would be satisfied with not ever making FFs again.

I really like your point of view here. However I’m not sure how many here would be satisfied with not ever making FFs again.

Thanks for the support..... But that was part of the point ! While watching our AA’s play for Holly ! I grew tired of the exhibition of ineptness..... I had been a supporter of the program when Pat was still alive and followed our recruitment of Mercedes and Jamie , DD, Tae, Alexa ,,,,, and on and on with expectations of FF’s. But after screaming 😱 at my television, sending my wife to leave the house and the dog cowering under our bed !!!
I have had enough.... Please change something.....

I go to our State tournaments every year ! Some BB FANS only watch the boys games ! Some cannot stand to watch girls as the athletes are different from boys to girls... And when you throw in AAA , AA , A , classes , that usually makes a difference also .... But I have found that I can watch boys and girls and different class ....... AS LONG AS THEY PLAY THE GAME WITH GOOD BB PRINCIPLES AND SHOW EFFORT AND HEART !

This is the game I am ready to watch the Lady Vols play . This is the change I want . I have seen the AA’s and the poor coaching/execution of this BB game ! I just want to watch and enjoy a good game . Win or lose . JMO

Forgot to add : Our beloved Pat is gone .... Holly tried . We may never be the lady vols of old ???? But surely we can play this game with good fundamentals and heart/effort ! I’ll take that any day . 👍

Last edited:
I really liked her story about BB and the advice given about life and ego’s etc. I liked the storylines about Puckett and Stricklin, Wynn and evening Tess Darby ! These kids had good up bringing and families that love and support them .....

I have seen (watched) our McDonalds AA and geeess us . I played and coached this game that I love ! But to see teams not exhibit sound BB principles was very hard to support! All we did was show other teams that great players do not necessarily make the best BB TEAMS.....

I have watched Tess , and Wynn .... but not the others mentioned. But all of these ladies will be a joy to watch . And at my age ,,,,, my heart can’t take anymore of the HW show !

I’ll take this type of person and enjoy their efforts even if we don’t make the FF’s ever again ! Just exhibit good BB PRINCIPLES and play the game right ..... win or lose is ok with me . Looking forward to the future.🙏

There is a good chance that athletic leadership agrees with your last paragraph when it comes to WBB. Now, they sure don’t feel that way about football though.

Forgot to add : Our beloved Pat is gone .... Holly tried . We may never be the lady vols of old ???? But surely we can play this game with good fundamentals and heart/effort ! I’ll take that any day . 👍

And if Pat was still here, I'm pretty sure I know what she would think of your "forget the scoreboard" mentality regarding the legacy of the program she dedicated her life to building....

There is a good chance that athletic leadership agrees with your last paragraph when it comes to WBB. Now, they sure don’t feel that way about football though.

There simply isn't enough money to pursue a top flight women's basketball coach. We have to sign our football coach, whose career record is now 15-13, to an extension even though his contract isn't up until 2023. That mindset worked out great with the last football coach...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
And if Pat was still here, I'm pretty sure I know what she would think of your "forget the scoreboard" mentality regarding the legacy of the program she dedicated her life to building....

Surely you are not putting words that were not spoken , into my post . But try and speak for Pat if you will ?

I have met Pat and visited her practices . What a kind and gentle soul to my child and those with me . But as I said previously.... she is not here anymore! And her friend Holly did a very poor job of coaching ... JMO

And lastly... I will reintegrate my meaning of the post . I will be glad to see basic BB principles , effort and playing with your heart in the game ! Which is not what has been going on for quite awhile . And as always, JMO 😈

I am no expert on recruiting..... that said : recruiting is a two way street . If there is no interest on either one side or the other or both ! The potential for a commitment is zero . Just Saying...... Maybe she is not interested? Then no need to offer or waste any time . 🤷‍♂️

It cost nothing to “offer”. You don’t have to accept a commitment down the road. Sometimes an offer is required to get people to listen. Why not offer the consensus top five and do it early which sometimes matters.

In football, Pruitt offers several hundred kids, not all are able to commit. As an example of offering top kids with no ties, one of the very top players in the 2021 class listed TN as part of his top ten but not top five a few months ago after we had already recruited him hard for months. He is down to two. One is TN. Recruiting top talent is hard and often a long game. Not everyone is willing to do it.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
Surely you are not putting words that were not spoken , into my post . But try and speak for Pat if you will ?

I have met Pat and visited her practices . What a kind and gentle soul to my child and those with me . But as I said previously.... she is not here anymore! And her friend Holly did a very poor job of coaching ... JMO

And lastly... I will reintegrate my meaning of the post . I will be glad to see basic BB principles , effort and playing with your heart in the game ! Which is not what has been going on for quite awhile . And as always, JMO 😈

If you don't think Final Fours, championships, and the Lady Vol basketball legacy she left behind were important to Pat, then you didn't know Pat...

Reactions: mcannon1
It cost nothing to “offer”. You don’t have to accept a commitment down the road. Sometimes an offer is required to get people to listen. Why not offer the consensus top five and do it early which sometimes matters.

In football, Pruitt offers several hundred kids, not all are able to commit. As an example of offering top kids with no ties, one of the very top players in the 2021 class listed TN as part of his top ten but not top five a few months ago after we had already recruited him hard for months. He is down to two. One is TN. Recruiting top talent is hard and often a long game. Not everyone is willing to do it.

What people don't seem to understand is recruiting is a skill. If high level recruits you might be targeting have little to no interest in your program, part of that skill is GETTING them interested. No, you're not going to win over all of them, or even most of them, but the good recruiters can still win over their fair share...

What people don't seem to understand is recruiting is a skill. If high level recruits you might be targeting have little to no interest in your program, part of that skill is GETTING them interested. No, you're not going to win over all of them, or even most of them, but the good recruiters can still win over their fair share...

You are right. That’s why I keep asking if we have an ace recruiter on staff. No one seems to know but anyone connected to the elite AAU circuit would know. If she doesn’t have that, go get one of the top 5 recruiters out there. It wouldn’t cost a lot as they are usually young and modestly paid. In men’s, Barnes got Kim English and he has made a huge difference with higher level guys than TN was previously able to get to listen. The kids love him.

If you don't think Final Fours, championships, and the Lady Vol basketball legacy she left behind were important to Pat, then you didn't know Pat...

Darth..... always with the negativity! Again you try to put words in my mouth that we’re never spoken . I used the word (met) and (visit) but you accuse me of saying I know her ? There is a difference!

But you can keep on talking for her if you wish ? Especially if you feel you have earned the right to speak for her and what she feels and thinks ? I think I will reread the books about her and use them for my guidance about her , verses your opinion of what she would say or do ! Thanks for trying.

But you can keep on talking for her if you wish ? Especially if you feel you have earned the right to speak for her and what she feels and thinks ? I think I will reread the books about her and use them for my guidance about her , verses your opinion of what she would say or do ! Thanks for trying.

I'm not speaking for anyone, Pat's competitiveness and pride in her program were legendary. If you don't think so then yes, you should re-read her books...

Class of 2022 Karly Weathers leads the Loretto Lady Mustangs against South Greene in the first round of the single A volleyball state championships at 5 this evening. It’s at Stewart’s Creek High if anyone in the area wants to go check out her athleticism and how she handles herself on the court.
22F0BE82-A70F-4497-B940-A131B23B311F.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone needs to check that girls shoes for rockets....
PreciousInexperiencedBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

Class of 2022 Karly Weathers leads the Loretto Lady Mustangs against South Greene in the first round of the single A volleyball state championships at 5 this evening. It’s at Stewart’s Creek High if anyone in the area wants to go check out her athleticism and how she handles herself on the court.
View attachment 316194
Pretty good height for that kill and a high flying vb player is fine with me. I really think she will be a real good player for us!!

View attachment 316194

And she can fly down the court too....Karly is about 5' 9", a women's NCAA volleyball net is 7'4" ....her head is about 4-5 inches above the net...quick math gives her a 24" vertical on this spike

View attachment 316194

Come on don't drag my Lady Rebels like that ;)

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
Class of '22 Flau'jae Johnson posted this on her IG story.....looks like a Lady Vol recruiting pitch to me.....Im bringing this up becuz awhile ago though I didnt screenshot it but Kailyn Gilbert a 2022 highly ranked PG posted a trading card recruiting pitch that someone @ Tennessee makes Kailyn had on a TN jersey.....is this how they recruit kids today with flashy edits and send it out to them???
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 10.51.35 AM.png
anyways these shoes look really good....Nike needs to make them for us

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
Flau'jae Johnson has a very big social media following and those type of recruits usually never come to TN they are the Paige Bueckers,Sabrina Ionescus, & Hailey Van Lith....though she isnt being pursed by *big time* schools *YET*

VN Store

Back