Show of hands who's still a believer in this team

Why can everybody in the nation get a big upset, but us? Why can any team in the nation bring in a freshman qb, let alone a 4th string, with the same restrictions we've had and be lights out, but us? I'm still all Vol, but I don't get it.

We honestly are improving. We just have a talent gap to be competitive at the highest level. Most of the boys actually showed some grit for which I was proud. My beef is JG. Yes as times he has flashes of goodness, but at his core he just isnā€™t a great QB. Even if it is a step down ( which I donā€™t honestly believe) we should start playing the younger core to groom them for greatness.

I am, but I still think Ga. Is better than Bama,
I think we can beat 1 or both Florida and Bama if we play our game. Georgia is head and shoulders better than anyone else, if Kirby don't win it all I will be surprised.

Understand the frustration but we just went against the best D in the country and they brought it today. WRs not named Palmer need more time to develop. Same with Wanye and Darnell. We'll give them a better game next year especially if Bailey is ready to go.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Me, minus JG... Never thought we would win a NC. But compete with the biggest teams. Which we didn't tonight.

200.gif

Weā€™re no where near ready to compete with the top teams in the SEC, but I do think there been improvement. Georgia was certainly deeper than us talent wise. We still donā€™t have an answer at QB. Idk what to make of our offensive line though, thatā€™s my biggest concern after this game. Thereā€™s no excuse for them to be that bad.
Agree on all fronts. We just arenā€™t in that league yet but we are better. Some folks had delusions of grandeur after the win streak against not so elite teams. Takes more than 2 years to go from the outhouse to the penthouse in this league.

If we don't believe in them why on earth would they. We still can have a great season. Go orange! Put me down as a big YES!
Pruitt cannot beat Florida, Georgia or Alabama. EVER. When that becomes obvious you fire the head coach and the athletic director who recently gave him an extention. Then you move on. That's how it is done.

Reactions: 08Vol
I'm a believer in our team. How could you not after those tough 3rd and 4th down defensive stands without Deondre Johnson too.

We had our chances but that 3rd quarter and those turnovers were disasterous.

Keep in mind, we just played the team who has had the best average recruiting class of the last five years on the road.

I like the matchups going forward. I don't think we upset bama but we will have a much better matchup with them.

Sorry. Iā€™m just sensing the growing anti Pruitt sentiment now that led to the fire Pruitt crowd.

Some great coordinators, which Pruitt was, don't turn out to be good HCs. Pruitt is definitely not answering his detractors thus far. That was abysmal today, across the board.

Reactions: 08Vol
We win 8 straight and people flip when we lose to the #3 team in the country.

First half was great. Second half? We just didnt have the horses to keep up. Penalties, turnovers, the targeting call, all hurt us.

Guarantano had an amazing first half. But then...you just cant turn the ball over. The team who made the fewest mistakes won.

There were a lot of good things...and a lot of not so good things. Hate that we couldnt take over. They tried to give us the game and we just didnt take advantage. They're a good team.

We will get there.

The problem I have with Pruitt is his inability to make a necessary change when the QB is out of hand.

JG cost us 12 points due to turning the ball over and he still played the whole game. I donā€™t understand it....

JG obviously wasn't holding onto the ball good but when you're getting leveled after 2 seconds, there is plenty of blame to go around.

Also that Mizzou team that we dominated just spanked LSU even with 7 players held out.

VN Store

Back