2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

Even if Magic played, it was still his highest usage season and the results were completely unremarkable. Magic only played 7 games the year before and did he have big assist numbers or not? All you got is excuses. Van Exel? C'mon, man.
Van exel averaged more apg than anyone NJ played with by over 3 apg in Divacs best year with LA. Lets not ignore that. He had an All Star pg and sg who got assists. NJ get all of them for Denver. He has a higher usage rate.

All facts.

I will give you this, he passes the ball more and gets more assists. He runs the team as the de facto pg. Maybe Divac could not do that full time. Even though he was doing that a lot at 35 and help set off the run and gun, three shooting, passing big men era with the Kings.

Imo Divac was a prettier passer. He also played with top notch passers at each stop.

The best apg non NJ during his tenure is Emmanuel Mudiay at 5.5 his rookie year. He only averaged 2.4

No other year has he had a player above 5.1 besides him.

Divac averaged 5.3 at 35 with another player at 5.4 and THREE other at 4.2 or better. Those numbers would be good for second on a NJ team.

Divac always was a great passer and played with other great passers. With a low usage rate but conducive style of play he averaged 5.3 apg. That was with four other guys over 4.2 apg. I guess we will never know what his numbers would be if he played in that system and was the de facto pg when he was younger.

In 1994 with no Magic, C Webb, or Bibby, Divac averaged 14.2 ppg and 3.9 apg. Fkn wow, man! Definitely better than Jokic. Van Exel was 22 averaging 13.6 and 5.8. This was Divac's team. Let me make the next argument for you...he didn't have enough around him to do better.

This discussion is a joke. You can have the last word.
He averaged 4 apg. NJ never averaged that many with another player avergaed over 5.5 apg.

Van Exel was the pg at 5.8 apg couple other guys with more apg than NJ second guy usually has.

EgW08QIXoAIXsH8

Imagine any other sport where saying the consensus #2 is #1 and people holding that up as key evidence that you don't understand the sport.
Its in all sports -- Peyton Manning better than Brady, Bonds better than Aaron and so on, why have an article about it ?

When both Bonds and Brady are clearly better than both guys mentioned

I’ll concede Bonds as Aaron was not close in talent. Statistically Brady is not clearly better than Manning, though. They are pretty close to one another in a number of measurables, INTs and rings being their clearest difference.

I’ll concede Bonds as Aaron was not close in talent. Statistically Brady is not clearly better than Manning, though. They are pretty close to one another in a number of measurables, INTs and rings being their clearest difference.

Brady’s longevity is so great it outshines Manning pretty easily. Also once you hit about 2007 Brady and Manning’s numbers were basically even

Brady’s longevity is so great it outshines Manning pretty easily. Also once you hit about 2007 Brady and Manning’s numbers were basically even

Longevity isn’t a difference maker for me in saying one is clearly better than the other. Especially in football where it’s a crap shoot. Agree to disagree on that.

I don’t understand your point about 2007. It feels like you are saying what I said.

Recognize I am being nuanced in him being clearly better. Short of rings, which involves other variables, and INTs, they are pretty similar statistically (career averages). It’s not necessarily clear looking at the numbers. But I recognize this is the bazillionth time for this debate on VN.

Longevity isn’t a difference maker for me in saying one is clearly better than the other. Especially in football where it’s a crap shoot. Agree to disagree on that.

I don’t understand your point about 2007. It feels like you are saying what I said.

Recognize I am being nuanced in him being clearly better. Short of rings, which involves other variables, and INTs, they are pretty similar statistically (career averages). It’s not necessarily clear looking at the numbers. But I recognize this is the bazillionth time for this debate on VN.

I mean we are talking just actual football talent instead of better career I think that’s a legit argument and follow you better now.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

VN Store

Back