2020 NBA Season Thread (brought to you by Jerry’s need for attention)

He's Jokic without the size, post skill, shooting, and passing. Divac was a very good passer. Jokic is the greatest passing center of all time.

Dude I know you love your new school players but don't be ignorant for no reason.

Size, Divac was 7'1 with much more explosion, muscle, length, and strength. Joker is fat, slow and unathletic.

Defense? I guess you "forgot" that. Divac a much better defender.

Passing. More passes thrown dues to style of play does not mean better passer. Divac played with great passers on his teams. If they played through himj like the Nuggets he would average damn near 10 apg. Divac was as good or better passing. Check the link.

If Joker played on the Webber/Divac Kings he would be the third best passing big man on the team.

Divac shot just as well. They did not shoot threes like now but he had range.

Best passing center ever? dude you need to get up on your bball history.

Not better than Walton, Sabonis, Divac, Wilt.

Jokic is on the next tier.

Vlade played and competed against greats like Hakeem and the Admiral. Joker would get ran off the court by any good 80s or 90s big man.

Dude I know you love your new school players but don't be ignorant for no reason.

Size, Divac was 7'1 with much more explosion, muscle, length, and strength. Joker is fat, slow and unathletic.

Defense? I guess you "forgot" that. Divac a much better defender.

Passing. More passes thrown dues to style of play does not mean better passer. Divac played with great passers on his teams. If they played through himj like the Nuggets he would average damn near 10 apg. Divac was as good or better passing. Check the link.

If Joker played on the Webber/Divac Kings he would be the third best passing big man on the team.

Divac shot just as well. They did not shoot threes like now but he had range.

Best passing center ever? dude you need to get up on your bball history.

Not better than Walton, Sabonis, Divac, Wilt.

Jokic is on the next tier.

Vlade played and competed against greats like Hakeem and the Admiral. Joker would get ran off the court by any good 80s or 90s big man.

Divac never got 5 apg and averaged just 3.1 apg for his career. How can you even put him in the same conversation with a guy averaging 7+ apg in an era where guys are not racking up assists?

You're on your own with this second tier ****. I didn't come up with this. Bill Simmons, probably the premier NBA historian, said it and I was like, "Oh yeah, I guess he is the best." Wilt vs. Jokic as a passer is a debate worth having. Divac vs. Jokic is fkn stupid.

I didn't mention defense because I concede the point. Divac would get played off the court in the playoffs because his D, tho better than Jokic's, was not good and his offense wouldn't be good enough to keep him on the floor. Every team would hunt Divac just like they hunt Jokic.

Last edited:
Divac never got 5 apg and averaged just 3.1 apg for his career. How can you even put him in the same conversation with a guy averaging 7+ apg in an era where guys are not racking up assists?

You're on your own with this second tier ****. I didn't come up with this. Bill Simmons, probably the premier NBA historian, said it and I was like, "Oh yeah, I guess he is the best."

I didn't mention defense because I concede the point. Divac would get played off the court in the playoffs because his D, tho better than Jokic's, was not good and his offense wouldn't be good enough to keep him on the floor. Every team would hunt Divac just like they hunt Jokic.
STYLE OF PLAY/ROSTER

If Jokic played with Magic, Bibby, C Webb he would not average 7 apg.

That is simple. They run the o through his passing. He has been the leading assist guy on the team. He can't pass BETTER. He does average more assist. Divac averaged that many being the third at best guy in apg on his teams. He still only averaged 2 less for his career in a much longer career.

If Jokic played with a real pg his numbers would be much different. He is good but a product of the times and roster/system like Westbrook and triple doubles with the Thunder.

STYLE OF PLAY/ROSTER

If Jokic played with Magic, Bibby, C Webb he would not average 7 apg.

That is simple. They run the o through his passing. He has been the leading assist guy on the team. He can't pass BETTER. He does average more assist. Divac averaged that many being the third at best guy in apg on his teams. He still only averaged 2 less for his career in a much longer career.

If Jokic played with a real pg his numbers would be much different. He is good but a product of the times and roster/system like Westbrook and triple doubles with the Thunder.

Divac assist/turnover = a paltry 1.4:1

Jokic = 2.2:1 and he's taking 33% more shots per game (so more opportunity for turnovers)

In Divac's prime highest usage season (no Magic, C Webb, or Bibby), he did 3.3 apg and 1.3:1. You can't be serious with this ****.

Divac assist/turnover = a paltry 1.4:1

Jokic = 2.2:1 and he's taking 33% more shots per game (so more opportunity for turnovers)

In Divac's prime highest usage season (no Magic, C Webb, or Bibby), he did 3.3 apg and 1.3:1. You can't be serious with this ****.
Like I said get up on your bball history.

The year you quote Magic actually did play in 32 games and averaged 7 apg. Van Exel average 7 apg. Two other guys were over 3 apg.
Joker best apg year he had NO ONE on his team over 4.8 apg.
So NJ three other people 3 or over. No one over 4.8.
VD Three others over 3 plus Magic at 7apg for almost half a year. A true pg with 7 apg.

Divac actually had a better year the year before when he averaged 16ppg 10.4 rpg 4.1 apg/ Van Exel averaged 8.3 ppg and a couple other guys over 4 apg.

This year NJ has no other player over 4.8 once again.

he plays with terrible passing guards combined with the system running through him.

Good passer. System gets him three or four more apg than big men who played more traditionally.

You like your efficiency and things like that. NJ has many more passing opportunities. That is it. His usage rate is much higher.

Like I said get up on your bball history.

The year you quote Magic actually did play in 32 games and averaged 7 apg. Van Exel average 7 apg. Two other guys were over 3 apg.
Joker best apg year he had NO ONE on his team over 4.8 apg.
So NJ three other people 3 or over. No one over 4.8.
VD Three others over 3 plus Magic at 7apg for almost half a year. A true pg with 7 apg.

Divac actually had a better year the year before when he averaged 16ppg 10.4 rpg 4.1 apg/ Van Exel averaged 8.3 ppg and a couple other guys over 4 apg.

This year NJ has no other player over 4.8 once again.

he plays with terrible passing guards combined with the system running through him.

Good passer. System gets him three or four more apg than big men who played more traditionally.

You like your efficiency and things like that. NJ has many more passing opportunities. That is it. His usage rate is much higher.

Even if Magic played, it was still his highest usage season and the results were completely unremarkable. Magic only played 7 games the year before and did he have big assist numbers or not? All you got is excuses. Van Exel? C'mon, man.

In 1994 with no Magic, C Webb, or Bibby, Divac averaged 14.2 ppg and 3.9 apg. Fkn wow, man! Definitely better than Jokic. Van Exel was 22 averaging 13.6 and 5.8. This was Divac's team. Let me make the next argument for you...he didn't have enough around him to do better.

This discussion is a joke. You can have the last word.

VN Store

Back