'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

Got a good chuckle out of this quote

“A lot of people are thinking I’ve been talking to South Carolina,” Evans said. “I ain’t been talking to no other schools. Of course, that’s what everybody’s going to think, because I’m looking at my (Twitter) timeline. I see all that right now, talking about South Carolina. I’m never going to South Carolina. I’m never going to go there. That’s dead.

He's a south Carolina native and was a vols vs south Carolina battle to begin with. Family probably got to him and convinced him to stay home. Jmo

He said he HAD to get out of South Carolina, not a good place for him. Guess that's changed..

Maybe not. Really depends on how the coaches value different players. Fans have their opinions and coaches have theirs. But fans don't get paid big money to make hard recruiting choices, coaches do.
That's definitely some Dalai Lama sh!t right there.......

I haven’t been talking to nobody. I had closed my recruitment completely. I’m opening my recruitment to see what I can get, and if I can get something that’s better than Tennessee. It’s not a lot that’s better than Tennessee, but it’s stuff that sets them (apart). That’s what I’m trying to dig deep into and see

really hope we cut all contact with this kid.

“I’m basically starting from scratch,” said Evans, a 5-10, 200-pounder rated the No. 1 running back in junior college. “I still have Tennessee as an option, but if things go wrong and the scholarship for me ends up going somewhere else ... at the end of the day I am taking the time to see what my possibilities are.

https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_c4367290-fc19-11ea-82e1-83c5c9b4226f.html

Perhaps the staff didn’t necessarily give him a git, but it sure sounds like they had a “we really like you but numbers are tight and we still have some needs” talk.

VN Store

Back