Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 days till kickoff..............

It's in the "Countdown" thread, but not everyone looks at it.

Without a doubt, my favorite player to ever wear Tennessee Orange, #6, Jimmy Streater. The “Sylva Streak” was the reincarnation of Condredge Holloway, but without the team around him. He burst onto the scene in the 1977 opening game vs Cal, with an 80 yard touchdown, and continued to make huge plays for the next three seasons. Most known for leading the Vols to the upset win over Notre Dame in 1979, Streater was the schools all-time career leader in total yards when he left Knoxville. He finished his career with 3,433 yards passing (17 TDs) and 1,374 yards rushing (25 TDs). After being named All-SEC in ‘79 and leading UT back to a Bowl game for the first time in five years, Streater went and played in the CFL, where his scrambling could be used more effectively, but injuries plagued his career.
After football, Streater was plagued with health issues and passed away at the age of 46. In my humble opinion......Streater was a true legend of Vols football!

c070a217-e52b-42c2-9915-4ad48c01967f-png.307730

My reasoning behind Streater being my favorite player is simple. Between ages 7-9, I went to probably 15-18 UT games. I saw him in the game vs California (Majors' first game), his 85 yard td to Hancock vs Vandy, the win vs Auburn, the Notre Dame win, and the comeback to tie vs Oregon St. He was my idol as a kid.

Years later, Joe Biddle wrote a story about him in the paper. I knew Joe a little bit and called him. I got the phone number to the rehabilitation center Jimmy was living in, and called him. We talked for almost an hour about his playing days, life, and his struggles. I was going through some of the same struggles, and he was open and honest with me. I've been fortunate to have many great experiences in my life, but talking to my childhood idol about real life issues and struggles is at the top of the list. RIP Jimmy. See ya down the road.

1600605622001-jpeg.307734
Awesome tribute about an awesome player.

Anyone ever bought a car off Carvana? Mine is set to be delivered next Saturday....wondering if they are fairly reliable. I already have one Altima but needed a second vehicle.

Test drove a bunch of stuff and kept thinking "this drives like **** compared to my Altima" so I got another one with more features and Les Miles.
Yes. Bought 2. When it shows up look it over real close. If any thing is wrong and it was included in the disclosed in the description they will fix it. Both our cars have been good. The first had some scratches and nails in the tires. Both not listed in the description. They repainted the rear and replaced the bad tires.

1. College Football
2. College basketball
3. NBA basketball
4. NFL football
5. Everything else is boring to watch
Good list, prob same for me.

It might only be every 4 years, but the World Cup shoots up to #3 for me, once it comes around. Watching more epl/bunde now that Pulisic and Reyna are playing in the big leagues too.

People here like em some hockey as well, but I ain't got no time for any more low scoring sports and soccer trumps hockey. At least I can see the ball...the puck's location is an enigma.

Last edited:
Reactions: gainesvol82
Does AP even realize what he has just done? 🤣

Haha, yes. If you listen to the podcast they joked about AP’s statement and he clarified more than once that he was just referring to Dee being a physical specimen.

AP met Derrick Henry in person when UT was recruiting him and he said that Henry was the most physically impressive looking player he’s ever seen.

[VIDEO=]p

Florida’s been coming to Watauga for quite some time.
I Personally don’t see BM making it.
[/VIDEO]
There is a lot of out of town money betting on this one.

Like it or not, there is another regional development coming to Butler as well.

Land is relatively cheap, and, first always is best.

This corner of TN doesn't know Boone money. Seems to be where this is coming from.

There is a lot of out of town money betting on this one.

Like it or not, there is another regional development coming to Butler as well.

Land is relatively cheap, and, first always is best.

This corner of TN doesn't know Boone money. Seems to be where this is coming from.

Yeah I know about the other development up the river. Different concept entirely from Blue M. It will likely succeed. Blue M has a great view but no real lake access to speak of. Pretty dicey access as well at least from CR side.

Anyone ever bought a car off Carvana? Mine is set to be delivered next Saturday....wondering if they are fairly reliable. I already have one Altima but needed a second vehicle.

Test drove a bunch of stuff and kept thinking "this drives like **** compared to my Altima" so I got another one with more features and Les Miles.
My son has bought 2 cars from Carvana and he swears by them. Their cars are very reliable and they do stand behind what they promise.

Laurel Fork to Roan Mtn, one of toughest hikes on AT.

Also, looks like itd be amazing fishing. Only ever seen one fish, a brown trout pulled outta there.

Not sure about Cherokee. You mean NF, or Cherokee NC?

Piney Flats is Sullivan/Washington Cty. Splits at Food City on 11E.
Cherokee NF (where Laurel Fork is). I've also been to Cherokee, NC though. I didn't get the pleasure of hiking that section. I hiked from Clingman's Dome to I-26 the summer before my freshman year at UT.

1. College Football
2. College basketball
3. NBA basketball
4. NFL football
5. Everything else is boring to watch

1. UT FOOTBALL
2. Golf
3. College Football
4. UT Basketball
5. JJ Deboss street racing lol

Quit watching NBA when Jordan left and could careless if it went under.
NFL watched it more before politics invaded. Don't watch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back