Not open for further replies.
1. College Football
2. College basketball
3. NFL football
4. NBA basketball
5. Everything else is boring to watch

the secret is out on watauga bru.

florida is coming
I have Florida property too bru. Not the point.

Do your research on how that resort got the go ahead to build. Ever noticed every large piece of land on that side of the lake is national forest but that resort?

Last edited:
Anyone ever bought a car off Carvana? Mine is set to be delivered next Saturday....wondering if they are fairly reliable. I already have one Altima but needed a second vehicle.

Test drove a bunch of stuff and kept thinking "this drives like **** compared to my Altima" so I got another one with more features and Les Miles.

6 days till kickoff..............

It's in the "Countdown" thread, but not everyone looks at it.

Without a doubt, my favorite player to ever wear Tennessee Orange, #6, Jimmy Streater. The “Sylva Streak” was the reincarnation of Condredge Holloway, but without the team around him. He burst onto the scene in the 1977 opening game vs Cal, with an 80 yard touchdown, and continued to make huge plays for the next three seasons. Most known for leading the Vols to the upset win over Notre Dame in 1979, Streater was the schools all-time career leader in total yards when he left Knoxville. He finished his career with 3,433 yards passing (17 TDs) and 1,374 yards rushing (25 TDs). After being named All-SEC in ‘79 and leading UT back to a Bowl game for the first time in five years, Streater went and played in the CFL, where his scrambling could be used more effectively, but injuries plagued his career.
After football, Streater was plagued with health issues and passed away at the age of 46. In my humble opinion......Streater was a true legend of Vols football!

c070a217-e52b-42c2-9915-4ad48c01967f-png.307730

My reasoning behind Streater being my favorite player is simple. Between ages 7-9, I went to probably 15-18 UT games. I saw him in the game vs California (Majors' first game), his 85 yard td to Hancock vs Vandy, the win vs Auburn, the Notre Dame win, and the comeback to tie vs Oregon St. He was my idol as a kid.

Years later, Joe Biddle wrote a story about him in the paper. I knew Joe a little bit and called him. I got the phone number to the rehabilitation center Jimmy was living in, and called him. We talked for almost an hour about his playing days, life, and his struggles. I was going through some of the same struggles, and he was open and honest with me. I've been fortunate to have many great experiences in my life, but talking to my childhood idol about real life issues and struggles is at the top of the list. RIP Jimmy. See ya down the road.

1600605622001-jpeg.307734

Anyone ever bought a car off Carvana? Mine is set to be delivered next Saturday....wondering if they are fairly reliable. I already have one Altima but needed a second vehicle.

Test drove a bunch of stuff and kept thinking "this drives like **** compared to my Altima" so I got another one with more features and Les Miles.

Seems a little late in the game to be asking for a review of the dealer.
iu

Two vehicles for me. Outstanding customer service and value.

What's he offering? Thought he was at Kansas. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back