Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
When medicine, science, law enforcement, crime, racism, etc., are all viewed through a red or blue filter, I'm not sure where politics end and everything else begins. Even sports subjects like "should college athletes be paid" almost inevitably skews based on political leanings. It's crazy how polarized society has become.
Blsme the Russians and Rupert Murdoch

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
When medicine, science, law enforcement, crime, racism, etc., are all viewed through a red or blue filter, I'm not sure where politics end and everything else begins. Even sports subjects like "should college athletes be paid" almost inevitably skews based on political leanings. It's crazy how polarized society has become.

Wife and I watched Social Dilemma on Netflix last night. We’re eating ourselves.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There were several of us that wouldn’t just let it go. I sent a message to @Freak and/or any other mods that monitor the “contact us” box and apologized, and promised to steer clear of it if they want to open it back up. For those in here that used that thread for its intended purpose (non-politics off topic), I apologize to you all as well for any contribution I made to it’s untimely demise.

The problem is that the coronavirus topic has gotten political...it's become intertwined. It's unfortunate. I just ventured into the political forum just to get a taste of things, and I am frankly appalled at some of things said. I am not upset with positions, just the lack of civil discourse and the treatment of others (especially a veteran who doesn't believe in the same things).

I don't know what kind of jobs/public positions people have around here, but I decided a while back that I was going to avoid saying anything too divisive.

Edit: Now, I see SS's post. I agree.

Lots of factors that produced those. That won’t necessarily apply to this team this specific season. But thank you for being the wet blanket of the forum. At least you’re consistent.

Yes, like lack of preparation vs Ga State. Now we’re being told that our team can’t practice properly and we’re about to face an opponent better than Ga St.

History is showing Pruitt opens the seasons poorly and starts slow after a long off period (see Indiana bowl game).

Reactions: WebbCobb
Yes, like lack of preparation vs Ga State. Now we’re being told that our team can’t practice properly and we’re about to face an opponent better than Ga St.

History is showing Pruitt opens the seasons poorly and starts slow after a long off period (see Indiana bowl game).
Any other critical thinking skills and professional observations of a position you couldn’t carry pubic hair in a jock strap for? I swear it’s like you believe yourself to be top notch football coach or something. 🤷‍♂️

1 is an event. 2 is a coincidence. 3 is a pattern.

That said, 1 was a first time, first year HC against a prolific offense.
2 was less of a lack of prep, more of literally replacing our entire 2-deep on DL with late injuries to our starting DT, ILB, and CB
3 is gonna have an asterisk due to COVID.

If we go 0-4 in season openers losing to BGSU next year, then yeah there's an issue. Even if we lose to Carolina this year, I'm not worried about it.

Also, that’s called playing chess, not checkers that he’s being coy about what he likes or doesn’t about the team. It’s all part of the plan. He’s also a motivator instead of an absolute Debbie downer. Much like your negavol crowd. Sheesh.

Any other critical thinking skills and professional observations of a position you couldn’t carry pubic hair in a jock strap for? I swear it’s like you believe yourself to be top notch football coach or something. 🤷‍♂️

This is a forum for discussions. You should attempt to discuss the topic rather than just making insults.

This is a forum for discussions. You should attempt to discuss the topic rather than just making insults.
First off, I’ve got a father for that and I don’t need you acting like you can tell me what I should or shouldn’t do or say. Secondly, you don’t share for discussions, you draw a line in the sand, disagree with everyone, then tell them how wrong they are for not seeing it your way. That’s not discussing that’s called being a bag of hot air & ego that needs stroked. You’re negative enough to splash cold water on the happiest of days. Oh yeah, like the fact I’ve never seen you celebrate the commitment of a top flight recruit in the time I’ve been around here. So 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for the advice but no thanks.

Always let your loved ones know how much you love them. My mom passed in her sleep last night. Still waiting to hear what happened. She was only 56. My step dad rolled over to check on her and she was gone. His mom passed a month ago too. I’m ready for some Vol football to end this sh** year.

Sorry man

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back