Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo you need to get Jr a contract with the Titans. He'd probably be the best kicker they have after last night.
😂 Jr is in sales. Living the life. He’s FOS so he’s pretty good at that job. I called him after Gostkowski missed the third FG. He said his body language shows no confidence. He missed that kick before he got on the field.

Kickers suck

Better not have that philosophy this year. Wonder if Gostkowski missed the flight. He missed everything else in Denver.

😂😭 do you know what I mean?...since I was a kid and just watching the titans, Eddie George and Steve McNair play they have always won by field goals,kicked a lot of field goals or needed a field goal to win and I’ve never understood it honestly like was it our offense or did we just have a great kicker lol

Reactions: volatil
That is definitely the Titans offense now. I mean...they signed freakin Tannehill long term if that tells you anything. Gonna PA pass, run rock, kill clock, try to scrape by a bunch of games. Risky strategy...but it's here

I don't think we want anybody associated with the current FSU team around our program. Quiting after 1 game also is not a great sign.

He opted out before the season. But sounds like he does not get along with Norvell, which by the sounds of it none of the team does lol but I do agree his production has been sparse at best.

Always let your loved ones know how much you love them. My mom passed in her sleep last night. Still waiting to hear what happened. She was only 56. My step dad rolled over to check on her and she was gone. His mom passed a month ago too. I’m ready for some Vol football to end this sh** year.

It's my understanding he's a good coach and a winner, it's just FSU culture is so far gone and the current players can't deal with how demands of what it takes to be a successful program.

I don't have anything tangible that I can point to, so this is all conjecture on my part.

It might be because he's a young dude, but Norvell seems to me like a player's coach. If that's actually true, he may be having issues navigating the current roster, which is exacerbated by the relative egos that differ between 2*/3* kids in Memphis that were lucky to scrape together an Arkansas, Vandy, or Mizzou offer, compared to 3*/4*/5* kids from Florida that had at least three big-time state schools fawning all over them.

I can't believe he's had some of the snafus over BLM in his locker room.. saying he spoke to the team personally, when he had really just put out a statement, and then getting called out on Twitter by multiple players. He coached in Memphis, how can he be that tone deaf?

Maybe it is just the wayward culture that collapsed under Jimbo's final year + two directionless years under Taggart that's contributing to Norvell's lack of traction. After all, he took over a strong Memphis program that Fuente left intact. Now he's having to build from scratch. The next year or two will tell us a lot about his fortitude and abilities.

Always let your loved ones know how much you love them. My mom passed in her sleep last night. Still waiting to hear what happened. She was only 56. My step dad rolled over to check on her and she was gone. His mom passed a month ago too. I’m ready for some Vol football to end this sh** year.
Sorry 😢
Prayers for you and yours.

Wow, hate to hear that! Prayers for your family!🙏

So sorry to hear about your mother. God bless you and yours. Prayers going up, brother

Damn. So sorry to hear this.

This is truly awful to read. I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Man! Prayers, bud! This horrible news!

So sorry to hear. Lost my dad less than two weeks ago and my wife's dad passed away in early July. I kinda laughed off the "2020 is the year from hell" thing initially but damn if it isn't true.

My prayers go out to you and yours. Thats awful news.

So what’s the deal with Norvell? I don’t know a lot about the guy

Living in Memphis, all I can say is that he is a very good recruiter and darn good coach. Now, stepping into a high level P5 program is different. I always thought if was hired at a high level job, he should bring in a DC with P5 experience, which he did not do.

The local radio was commenting yesterday that he's big on his system and recognizing numbers whether to run or pass, and Blackmon just isn't good enough to be successful with the pass.

So sorry to hear. Too young. Prayers for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back