Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree....Saints have him wrapped up for a while. We had him for two years and sat him......
Let me start by saying that I’m not defending Butch’s end result as a HC, but this Kamara narrative is faulty. He played all 13 games his first season and rushed for 698 yards and 7 touchdowns with Dobbs and Hurd both established on the roster. His second and final season he got dinged up from OVERUSE after it was down to him and Kelly after the SC game but put up 1188 all purpose yards in the process...and that wasn’t all achieved after Hurd’s departure. Lot of the ire on this board concerning his usage clashes with the majority of posts on this board before the A&M game. Lot more “What have you seen from Kamara or Henry that makes you think they can produce in a big game?” than “Kamara is better suited for this offense, so Hurd’s absence could be a blessing in disguise.” The latter was my post and represented my attitude. Ask @UT_Dutchman if you think I’m fibbing. All that blather just to point out there’s a lot of stats for so much “sitting”.

I feel like Brumbaugh is not recruiting worth a crap. There isn't any momentum with the DLine prospects, and has yet to be since his arrival. I hope he can coach, because we got rid of Rock for this, and it isn't looking good yet.

There's been several articles/quotes saying how awesome a coach he is, Pruitt has praised him openly, and the players have been quoted saying they love him and he's a huge upgrade, seeing things no one else had previously, noting small things that would make huge gains... he's fine.

Kamara: 8.75 rushing attempts/ 3 receptions a game while at UT.
Terrible. Even a layman could see he was way more efficient with his attempts at UT than the others. Hurd by 2016 was absolutely horrendous. Our OL was not good enough to hold up for his pro style straight running style. We were full spread style OL by then, great for Kamara and Dobbs, even Kelly.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I’d like to know how good/bad we look. It appears from contact tracing we’re going to suck
We have looked good early and not so great recently...however our O line is going to be a force to be reckoned with for the first time in as long as I can remeber. I think D line will be great as well just fact they are going up against our O line is masking some of the talent there.

Hopefully we develop quicker than them. Either way, anyone but UGA in Atlanta is a good thing. With quite negative reports about us and UGA, it might mean UF wins the East, but oh well. It's feeling like any East team is going to get ran in the SECCG anyway, so let them be the sacrificial lamb in this non-year and we'll step in next year when the tables are even and take it to the house.

Last edited:
Of course the one year we get them later in the season lol.

Hopefully we develop quicker than them. Either way, anyone but UGA in Atlanta is a good thing. With quite negative reports about us and UGA, it might mean UF wins the East, but oh well. It's feeling like any East team is going to get ran in the SECCG anyway, so let them be the sacrificial lamb in this non-year and we'll step in next year when the tables are even and take it to the house.
I thought uga was only the third game of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back