The fastest current/future Vols

Leonard Scott #1 an 2nd is not close.. Jonathan Wade was so fast, Justin Hunter's 2nd gear..

Over the years I've become less and less enamored with the various 40 times coming out of high school. Now having said that I'm seeing Hyatt being credited with a 10.46 100m. Unless you're trying to qualify for the Olympics that's really, really fast.

A sub 11 second time for a high school kid is blazing fast in the 100 meters. Granted the best in the country can do it, but you can almost count the ones that can on all your fingers and toes.

Other
Do you disagree with what I posted?
Other than making a summary judgment based off limited sample. We had one of the most productive receivers in awhile with JJ and he couldn't break 4.5. We have some true burners, but every receiver doesn't have to be a burner to be a really good receiver.

Other

Other than making a summary judgment based off limited sample. We had one of the most productive receivers in awhile with JJ and he couldn't break 4.5. We have some true burners, but every receiver doesn't have to be a burner to be a really good receiver.

As a kid I watched the Dallas Cowboys specifically because I wanted to see Bob Hayes, former Olympian catch one and go the distance. He had the feet of Hermes but the hands of Roberto Duran, made of stone. All the speed in the world doesn't mean a lot in football if you can't catch it or the team can't figure out a way to get you the rock.

As a kid I watched the Dallas Cowboys specifically because I wanted to see Bob Hayes, former Olympian catch one and go the distance. He had the feet of Hermes but the hands of Roberto Duran, made of stone. All the speed in the world doesn't mean a lot in football if you can't catch it or the team can't figure out a way to get you the rock.

I think his catching ability was better than that. From 1965-68 Hayes was #5 in receptions, #3 in yards and ypg and #2 in TD's. He was no one trick pony.

Now Leonard Scott...

VN Store

Back