'21 GA RB Cody Brown

1599269774501.png

“I really feel like I’m going to score at any cost,” Brown said of his running style. “No matter what, I’m going to get into the end zone.” That physical running style is appreciated by his coaches and teammates.

“His size, speed and balance stand out,” Godfree said. “He’s a strong runner with very good size, but a lot of guys that size don’t have that kind of balance, the way he can keep his shoulders square. He has tremendous balance after taking hits. And what really separates him is he finishes runs. You watch film after film after film and he’ll split two defenders in a hurry. … With his size and speed and athleticism, he has the opportunity to be a long-lasting back. You watch his games and he’s better in the second half than he is in the first half. We’ve seen the last two seasons he’s better at the end of the season than the beginning. You put all that together, and you see great durability. I think he has a great future at Tennessee and hopefully beyond that.”
https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/...cle_9899b483-8d7d-54bd-be0c-08de65d5a1a9.html

View attachment 304451

“I really feel like I’m going to score at any cost,” Brown said of his running style. “No matter what, I’m going to get into the end zone.” That physical running style is appreciated by his coaches and teammates.

“His size, speed and balance stand out,” Godfree said. “He’s a strong runner with very good size, but a lot of guys that size don’t have that kind of balance, the way he can keep his shoulders square. He has tremendous balance after taking hits. And what really separates him is he finishes runs. You watch film after film after film and he’ll split two defenders in a hurry. … With his size and speed and athleticism, he has the opportunity to be a long-lasting back. You watch his games and he’s better in the second half than he is in the first half. We’ve seen the last two seasons he’s better at the end of the season than the beginning. You put all that together, and you see great durability. I think he has a great future at Tennessee and hopefully beyond that.”
https://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/...cle_9899b483-8d7d-54bd-be0c-08de65d5a1a9.html
Why is he wearing a clemson jersey?!?!? - half of VN

Kinda funny how much we all look at a players rating for validation in regards to the job Pruitt is doing while knowing how inconsistent the evaluations are. Myself included
Agreed. Cody legitimately could/should be considered an elite level talent. I think the only real reason they’ve not listed him as a 5 star is because he isn’t that generational blistering speed back with his size, a la Derrick Henry.

Agreed. Cody legitimately could/should be considered an elite level talent. I think the only real reason they’ve not listed him as a 5 star is because he isn’t that generational blistering speed back with his size, a la Derrick Henry.
It's easier to over value speed than power and balance when evaluating prospects. Speed sticks out more on film and is much more exciting.

It's easier to over value speed than power and balance when evaluating prospects. Speed sticks out more on film and is much more exciting.
Absolutely. Those that truly know what to pick out in their evaluations are aware of the footwork, power, etc. Something I absolutely love about this staff. A plus evaluations

Reactions: bigorange

VN Store

Back