Anyone else worried about

tnutater

Our lack of practices and CJP's record of not doing well in opening games?
Away games in the SEC are tough.
And here I was thinking that we were finished being beaten by SC.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the rain delay, we would've beat WV, they were getting really tired on D. Also there was a thread on here about Marquez Callaway being interviewed or quoted that they didn't want to play Pruitt's way and eventually decided that Butches way wasn't getting them any wins, and started listening to committing to the coaching staff. Which is supposed to be some of what the team meeting was about after the Florida game last year. So I would put one of these * to the loses as they didn't seem to be a matter of of simply not able to win early. Just a thought

If it wasn't for the rain delay, we would've beat WV, they were getting really tired on D. Also there was a thread on here about Marquez Callaway being interviewed or quoted that they didn't want to play Pruitt's way and eventually decided that Butches way wasn't getting them any wins, and started listening to committing to the coaching staff. Which is supposed to be some of what the team meeting was about after the Florida game last year. So I would put one of these * to the loses as they didn't seem to be a matter of of simply not able to win early. Just a thought

We wouldn't of beaten WVU if there weren't a rain delay. That's so silly. People said the same about Oregon 2010. Both games we were by far the weaker team. It's that simple.

This contract tracing thing my screw us over this season. It's painfully obvious no other SEC programs seem to be following that rule. It could bite us win the butt big time.
Damn homie. Yooz drunker than I am.

The team has played like crap the first 4 games the last 2 years. Until I see something to the contrary, that worries me. If that happens again this year, it won't be pretty since 3/5 of our most winnable games are in the first 4 games of the season. If we get to the Bama game at 1-3 or 0-4, @Freak better start looking at yacht options...

We wouldn't of beaten WVU if there weren't a rain delay. That's so silly. People said the same about Oregon 2010. Both games we were by far the weaker team. It's that simple.
I feel like we would have, but I'm silly though.

Reactions: UTK
South Carolina has a solid roster that, "statistically," returns slightly more offensive and defensive production than UT from a rather lowly squad that was stomped by the Vols. I am not remotely concerned with their run game, nor do I consider Hilinski to be a better quarterback than Guarantano.

I'm confident that Pruitt will have Tennessee for SEC play in sixteen days, keeping in mind that our practice and player shortages haven't been particularly significant, and fully expect to beat the Gamecocks.

What is Pruitt's way?
What was Jones' way?
Is an * by a loss the same as a participation trophy?

Reactions: KBVol
It is important to remember this is not unique to us. All the schools are having their fair share of trials and tribulations with this right now. The real winner may be the coach who handles the chaos the best. I may be wrong on this but I think Pruitt is a no nonsense type coach who will adapt and overcome. My reasoning to support this was his reaction to the start of last season. That Georgia State and BYU loss looked bad, had the fans turning on him, and yet he stayed the course.

Reactions: savannahfan
From what I saw last year, we had some bad apples on the team to start the season. Guys who felt entitled to play, weren't playing the right way and were causing issues in the Locker room. Those 4 early transfers, Reid, The Wide Out who tweeted a JOKE about the Georgia Sate loss, Ignont and one other dude, really made a difference in the overall team chemistry. These guys are All on Board now...

Our lack of practices and CJP's record of not doing well in opening games?
Away games in the SEC are tough.
And here I was thinking that we were finished being beaten by SC.

Past performance is not always indicative of future results. Here are some things that were true the last two years but most likely won't be this year.

When you make the kind of money CJP does no one wants to hear you're on the job training as our HC, but he was and is. IMO Jeremy is a football prodigy. The dude can literally look at the opposing team’s formation and how they are “leaning” and tell you what play they’re going to run. He is unlikely to make the same mistakes repeatedly. Whatever he saw as the reasons his guys were not ready to go last year he’s got it fixed.

Last year was a much younger team than this years, and with less depth. They started the season with some key guys out, most notably Daniel Bituli the defensive signal caller. Some of the guys we think of as stars now – To’o To’o, Eric Gray were just getting their first college snaps. We start 2020 with a much better roster than last years, physically bigger, stronger, faster, and more experienced.

We’re in year three of the CJP’s defensive install and year two of Chaney’s offense. Consistency matters. Too many mistakes at critical junctures of the game cost Tennessee last year, especially early. There will be fewer of those this year, meaning we are much less likely to lose to teams with lesser talent because we screwed up.

Because of these changes, we roll into Athens on October 10 with two convincing wins under our belt for the first truly big game of the 2020 season. GBO

The team has played like crap the first 4 games the last 2 years. Until I see something to the contrary, that worries me. If that happens again this year, it won't be pretty since 3/5 of our most winnable games are in the first 4 games of the season. If we get to the Bama game at 1-3 or 0-4, @Freak better start looking at yacht options...
What else did u expect the team to play like over the last 2 years when everyone on the planet knows we were in full rebuild mode?? Not only did we have to rebuild the roster but we had to play a ton of freshmen who would have redshirted at all the top SEC schools. On top of that we had a complete scheme change with a brand new coaching staff. Oh yeah i almost forgot that we were coming off the worse season in school history. Its a miracle that we won a bowl game in year 2. Now we have a roster full of JR's & Soph's that have had a chance to develope and play a ton of games in the SEC. The last 2 yrs are irrelevant to this year bc its a totally different situation.

VN Store

Back